Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-14-2017, 10:50 AM   #1
Hixson

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS L99
Replacement Grille Options for 2014-2015 Camaros

Not sure that this is the right sub forum to post in - but its my best guess. I've got a dilemma and I need some advice from people that have made some upgrade to the exteriors of their 2014-2015s. I badly want to replace my front upper and lower grill. I think they look bad - and to be honest I think the bowtie black out looks bad too (personal opinion). I have always like the look of the heritage grill and the TREX billet grills that don't cover the headlights.

Here is the issue. I've spent the last few days reading the forum and searching around and I don't know that there are any real options out there for me on my 2015. GMpartsdirect shows heritage grills for 2010-2013 only. I read a lengthy post on here about the TREX grills chewing up your bumper and leaving huge gouges in the paint.

Has anyone installed the TREX grill with the 3m clear bra or weather strips as protection - if so how has it held up? Has anyone found a vendor that sells heritage grills for the 2014-2015s? I think River City sells custom painted ones - but I'm just looking for gloss black to give my SIM a more aggressive looking front end. Id prefer the heritage grill if anyone knows of one, so I can put a yellow/gold SS right in the middle.
Hixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:26 AM   #2
cmack

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I can not find a picture of it. There is a hex grille option, I think right from GM. If I had your model year - that is what I would do. Sorry I can't find a picture
cmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #3
Hixson

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS L99
Not a problem - thanks for the reply cmack. I had another member recommend the z28 grill - that may be what youre talking about. Only issue here - the Z28 grill from GM is pretty damn expensive lol
Hixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:09 PM   #4
cmack

I would leave the z/28 emblem well enough alone...... I thought there was a non Z/28 hex grille. But anyway yea that looks good. I am trying to find a good looking hex grille for my 2011. I am also trying to make one.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:18 PM   #5
cmack

I thought I was not smoking crack at the time.... Look this info up (I just happen to pick Ashen Grey - you can get other colors).

http://www.chevrolet.com/accessories.html # search for 22965837 Grille

Part Name: Grille, Ashen Gray (GLJ)
Part #: 22965837

The picture shows a hex grille