Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:38 AM   #1
aabreu09

Drives: 2014 White L99 and 2014 Yellow L99
2014 aftermarket foglight housing

So im fed up with my 2014 "fog lights" i converted the bulbs to HID and still not impressed with how much they illuminate the road nor am i impressed by how pea-sized they are. Quite honestly, theyre the ugliest thing about the car. Are there any companies on the forums that would be willing to make an aftermarket housing for my car? Atleast with a bigger foglight in it or nice custom/factory looking LED strips?
Duraflex is probably the only company ive seen that has done it
Attached Images

aabreu09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:00 AM   #2
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Can i ask what your trying to do, there never going to light up the street like the headlight
you will need a lot of power and size to get what you want.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:04 AM   #3
aabreu09

its either i put a bigger foglight somehow so it could actually illuminate something or i was thinking about putting mesh and an LED strip as shown on the red camaro above. They just look too ugly to me
Old 02-20-2015, 12:38 PM   #4
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
That red car want put out a lot more light then your HID, so you will need to do a lot more work to find the right part.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:26 PM   #5
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
The 2014+ RS Camaro's projector style fog lights do a great job focusing the light and maintaining a decent cutoff.

Personally, I think they look nice when paired with a 5000K bulb in the housing:

Nick C.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:18 PM   #6
aabreu09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
That red car want put out a lot more light then your HID, so you will need to do a lot more work to find the right part.
id even be willing to take out the plastic housing and just put mesh there instead and then put an LED strip on top of the mesh. thats what the red camaro looks like it has
Old 02-20-2015, 05:18 PM   #7
PEW-PROFESSIONAL

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Not sure what to say, what are you wanting? If you require brighter lights than what the headlights put out then you need more than light. Try some glasses.

Or you can do this, Highly illegalrrun these btw)

G5carbon.com-SS Carbon fiber Trunk Filler Panels**Carbon fiber Heat Extractor (Ordered)**Z/28 Carbon Fiber Spoiler (Comming Soon)**Z/28 Carbon Fiber Rear Defuser (Comming Soon)**SS Carbon Fiber Lower Grill (Coming Soon)**Z/28 Carbon fiber Side Skirts (Coming soon)**SS Carbon fiber Cooling Plate (Coming Soon)**Camber/Caster Plates (Coming Soon)
Westcoastcamaros.com-Carbon Fiber Engine Cover (Ordered)
PEW-PROFESSIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:03 AM   #8
CFTA

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEW-PROFESSIONAL View Post

Or you can do this, Highly illegalrrun these btw)

haha the hellfighter! damn, I miss using that and it can also double as a hand warmer with the IR lens closed lol.
CFTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:05 AM   #9
aabreu09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
its either i was gonna put a bigger foglight somehow or i wanted to do one of those bumper ports that you have on your site ofer. only problem is that they fit 2010-2013 camaros and not mine.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:01 PM   #10
Willbergen89

Im baking my fogs open now and im going to attempt to remove the stupid Dot deflector inside of the housing. Wish me luck!
Willbergen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:10 PM   #11
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
ok so you understand that "fog" lights are only designed to do 1 thing..

light the road directly in front of the vehicle (about 2-3 feet) in the event of fog, they are mostly useless at any other time for anything else.

you can't really complain that they don't light up the front of the vehicle correctly if you are trying to light up the road on a clear night, that is not the intent or design of what fog lights are for..

the only other thing that they do well is to prevent on coming traffic from getting light glare in fog, but that is only if you use them correctly and that is too turn off the headlights and have the parking lights and fog lights on only.

I've never understood why people feel the need to drive around on a normal clear night with headlights and fog lights on, the fog lights serve no purpose in that situation.

and HIDs in fogs are pointless as in fog you won't be able to see jack $hit because of the glare that reflects back at you. True fog lights should be yellow, as it is much easier to see in fog and snow and the light doesn't reflect back at you.

and frankly I am surprised that NJ would even allow you to drive with the fog lights on in clear weather, NJ is as anal with their vehicle code as CA and driving in CA with more than 2 forward facing headlights is illegal, except during incumbent weather.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:27 PM   #12
Willbergen89

Yep i know that and probably ever other person on here knows that.
On another note..
Heads up, you cant remove the half moon DOT piece inside of a 2014+ fog lamp. I tried and learned the hard way that it is one piece.
Willbergen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:48 AM   #13
aabreu09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
ok so you understand that "fog" lights are only designed to do 1 thing..

light the road directly in front of the vehicle (about 2-3 feet) in the event of fog, they are mostly useless at any other time for anything else.

you can't really complain that they don't light up the front of the vehicle correctly if you are trying to light up the road on a clear night, that is not the intent or design of what fog lights are for..

the only other thing that they do well is to prevent on coming traffic from getting light glare in fog, but that is only if you use them correctly and that is too turn off the headlights and have the parking lights and fog lights on only.

I've never understood why people feel the need to drive around on a normal clear night with headlights and fog lights on, the fog lights serve no purpose in that situation.

and HIDs in fogs are pointless as in fog you won't be able to see jack $hit because of the glare that reflects back at you. True fog lights should be yellow, as it is much easier to see in fog and snow and the light doesn't reflect back at you.

and frankly I am surprised that NJ would even allow you to drive with the fog lights on in clear weather, NJ is as anal with their vehicle code as CA and driving in CA with more than 2 forward facing headlights is illegal, except during incumbent weather.
i know that fog lights arent suppose to illuminate the entire road as if they were headlights I get it. My deal is that, my 2012 that had DRL fogs illuminated the ground more than my 2014. I had the yellow and wasnt really impressed and put HID fogs and still am not impressed. I will say that i am one of those douchebags that will drive around on a clear night with their foglights on.
NJ really isnt as strict as California. THe things i hear about that happen in Cali dont happen here. Yea theyll pull you over for tints or a busted headlight but nothing serious.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:51 AM   #14
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by aabreu09 View Post
i know that fog lights arent suppose to illuminate the entire road as if they were headlights I get it. My deal is that, my 2012 that had DRL fogs illuminated the ground more than my 2014. I had the yellow and wasnt really impressed and put HID fogs and still am not impressed. I will say that i am one of those douchebags that will drive around on a clear night with their foglights on.
NJ really isnt as strict as California. THe things i hear about that happen in Cali dont happen here. Yea theyll pull you over for tints or a busted headlight but nothing serious.

wasn't calling anyone names, just stating an opinion.. I see people here driving around with 4-6 forward lights, it's blinding if they are coming at me or behind me..

I don't understand the purpose, HIDs give more than enough light to illuminate the road ahead.

but to each their own..