Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:03 PM   #26
AACstyle

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad2009 View Post
can they be installed in a LS?
Yes, the first pic is installed on a LS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpanda305x View Post
91? ughhh ...will it be cheaperrr?
Research Hella and you will see this is not a mod for the guys trying to go the cheap route, this is for improving visibility and styling on the vehicle with a high performance lighting module.

Example:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLA-009071091
(BTW, that is for just 1 projector)

We are an Authorized Hella Dealer and buy directly from Hella US headquarters in large volume so we are going to give you the best pricing we can but this is not a "cheap" light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marley. View Post
When will the second light be available and what is the price range gonna be?
We have the modules in stock but they need additional modifications to install into the Camaro and have to be disassembled in order for the matching RS black bezel to be installed. Cant post pricing in this section but it will be around the price of a playstation
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #27
shad2009
"Cassie"

Drives: 2007 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to shad2009 Send a message via Yahoo to shad2009
this might be a dumb question, but can the halo's still b installed around or is the light frame too small for that, because it does look a little smaller...could b the pic tho

Future Wheels - 2014 Ford Mustang GT & 2014 Chevy Camaro
shad2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #28
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post

We have the modules in stock but they need additional modifications to install into the Camaro and have to be disassembled in order for the matching RS black bezel to be installed. Cant post pricing in this section but it will be around the price of a playstation
So around $300 then? How about including in the kit a switch so we can turn them on/off manually.
HaZe_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:20 PM   #29
5thGen

Drives: Black 2LT/RS, jeep Wrangler
how do i cancel the p13ws and change to these instead?
5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #30
Toastylicious
My car goes Vrooom.. You?

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro LS
Would the second rs light be a kit or would that just be one light too?
Toastylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #31
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad2009 View Post
this might be a dumb question, but can the halo's still b installed around or is the light frame too small for that, because it does look a little smaller...could b the pic tho
The RS-type foglight can accommodate halos as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZe_X View Post
So around $300 then? How about including in the kit a switch so we can turn them on/off manually.
Yes, we are still working out the details on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGen View Post
how do i cancel the p13ws and change to these instead?
This is not available yet and may no be for some time so I would hold off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastylicious View Post
Would the second rs light be a kit or would that just be one light too?
The idea is that it would be a complete kit for you to install but again we are working on this and do not have all the answers just yet.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #32
Toastylicious
My car goes Vrooom.. You?

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro LS
Thanks for the updates these look like there going to be shweeeet
Toastylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:47 PM   #33
poniatowski

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS Imperial Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZe_X View Post
For ~$300 I would expect a good looking switch to be included. This was a big reason not to get the RS - no fog light control, definitely something AAC could provide improvements for. Hard to find fog lights that fit well and come with the hardware to mount in LS. Would probably buy this as soon as it became available. Good foglights + AAC halos would make my LS look perfect.

Quote:
The idea is that it would be a complete kit for you to install but again we are working on this and do not have all the answers just yet.
Looking forward to installed pictures of the RS style set.
poniatowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #34
technoside2

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Send a message via AIM to technoside2
You know what I'd like to see is a complete aftermarket Hid/ Projector like the SS headlights to replace the LS headlights. I know you'd probably have to install ballast's or what not to run the HID's. If they came up with a complete replacement headlight unit for sale I'd buy it the second it was on the market. Of coarse including the Multi colored Halo's.
technoside2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #35
technoside2

I have an even better Idea. Order GM Part #pkehidkit from http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...mber=pkehidkit
Then strip them down and install a High Low beam HID's from BFXenon or ACC oracle HID's and also install the new Halo's. anyone feel like spending $1,176.97 for the Gm parts ?
Old 12-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #36
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by technoside2 View Post
I have an even better Idea. Order GM Part #pkehidkit from http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...mber=pkehidkit
Then strip them down and install a High Low beam HID's from BFXenon or ACC oracle HID's and also install the new Halo's. anyone feel like spending $1,176.97 for the Gm parts ?
holy crap

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #37
AACstyle

Quote:
If they came up with a complete replacement headlight unit for sale I'd buy it the second it was on the market.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55953
Old 12-12-2009, 06:14 PM   #38
technoside2

Quote:
Goober: I've got and LS Camaro and you're selling the exact same type of headlights that I already own. Silly's.... I want a set of HID's and also Color changing Halo's. The HID'S have to have a hight a low beam like the RS package have.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #39
technoside2

I've got an Idea. Take the OEM Headlight and chop it up and install this http://www.myhellalights.com/hid_xen..._Bi_Xenon.html in the middle of it and then put multi color Halo's around it. Red/White. then paint the Chrome so it wouldn't reflect and you've got RS Headlights ... ACC you willing to give it a shot if I buy the Hella xenon ? And are you willing to do it in Dallas ?
Old 12-12-2009, 11:51 PM   #40
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
Quote:
I've got an Idea. Take the OEM Headlight and chop it up and install this http://www.myhellalights.com/hid_xen..._Bi_Xenon.html in the middle of it and then put multi color Halo's around it. Red/White. then paint the Chrome so it wouldn't reflect and you've got RS Headlights ... ACC you willing to give it a shot if I buy the Hella xenon ? And are you willing to do it in Dallas ?
i guess you missed this from AAC

CAI w/ADM scoop,Magnacharged 3.8 pulley,L92 ported heads,ss valves,patriot springs,yella terra rockers,Comp cam,L99 to LS3 conv.ATI super damper,Taylor plug wires,NGK plugs,ARH 1 7/8 lt headers w/Borla stingers,Elite oil catch can,trans cooler,Jannetty built Richmond 4.11 rear end,Spohn trailing arms,front Racing Brake rotors,Hawk hps pads,BMR end links,AACstyle lighting. Thanks to Shane & crew for engine work at Thunder Racing & tuner Jeoff at EPS. 501rwhp-463rwtq ++
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #41
technoside2

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
i guess you missed this from AAC

Well sir you're missing the point. You see in these video's when they turn on the Halo's to white it just looks like a normal headlight b/c it's reflecting off the Chrome. I want a set of headlights that are as close to the RS package as possible. HID Projectors and Halo's. I'm really considering getting the Headlights from GM. My understanding you have to order extra parts to get them to work on an LS. I don't know the extra part numbers or anything. I'm going to call the dealer Monday morning.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:30 AM   #42
5thGen

Drives: Black 2LT/RS, jeep Wrangler
is that gonna be cheaper then the 1lt with rs ?
5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #43
AACstyle

Quote:
Goober: I've got and LS Camaro and you're selling the exact same type of headlights that I already own. Silly's.... I want a set of HID's and also Color changing Halo's. The HID'S have to have a hight a low beam like the RS package have.
Right, read the entire post. We can install the Halos and HIDs into these lights which is exactly what you are asking for.

Quote:
I've got an Idea. Take the OEM Headlight and chop it up and install this http://www.myhellalights.com/hid_xen..._Bi_Xenon.html in the middle of it and then put multi color Halo's around it. Red/White. then paint the Chrome so it wouldn't reflect and you've got RS Headlights ...
Yes, that is called a projector retrofit.

Quote:
ACC you willing to give it a shot if I buy the Hella xenon ?
Yes, we do projector retrofits all of the time here. I have a better projector option for you than those though. You will need bi-xenon.

Quote:
And are you willing to do it in Dallas ?
Will we come to Dallas to retrofit your lights? I guess if you are willing to cover our technicians transportation and accommodations it would be possible but would make much more sense to ship the lights to us or drive to our facility.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #44
technoside2

Quote:
Right, read the entire post. We can install the Halos and HIDs into these lights which is exactly what you are asking for.

Yes, that is called a projector retrofit.

Yes, we do projector retrofits all of the time here. I have a better projector option for you than those though. You will need bi-xenon.

Will we come to Dallas to retrofit your lights? I guess if you are willing to cover our technicians transportation and accommodations it would be possible but would make much more sense to ship the lights to us or drive to our facility.
Well I guess that makes me look like an idiot. My question is have you done it to the new Camaro? The Projector retrofit you speak of. And the link I posted is a Bi-Xenon Projector. Did you even open the link ? I'm messageing Mecha b/c he's in the DFW area to see what he can do.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:28 PM   #45
ottobody
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 trans am/camaro
we have a couple sets of OE 2SS/RS HID Xenon headlights for sale if any one is interested?? 900 with the bulbs
ottobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:39 PM   #46
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Looks cool Justin! I'm waiting

meantime, hopefully the LED bulbs come in for the DRLs! Waiting for those in white and my amber footwell lights
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; Subthump; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:07 AM   #47
Mecha
AAC Certified Installer

Drives: 2011 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Quote:
Well I guess that makes me look like an idiot. My question is have you done it to the new Camaro? The Projector retrofit you speak of. And the link I posted is a Bi-Xenon Projector. Did you even open the link ? I'm messageing Mecha b/c he's in the DFW area to see what he can do.
I have never done Retrofit on a camaro non-rs sorry. sure i could do it but whose going to be the guinea pig. see quote below. may want to look at that as an option right now. being the first to retrofit will cost some $$$ as there will be some trial and error.

just something to think about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottobody View Post
we have a couple sets of OE 2SS/RS HID Xenon headlights for sale if any one is interested?? 900 with the bulbs
Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #48
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Anyone do amber bulbs in either led or regular bulb that matches the colour of the turn signals for the fogs>?
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:58 PM   #49
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
Updates on the fogs Justin??!?!?
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #50
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
Anyone do amber bulbs in either led or regular bulb that matches the colour of the turn signals for the fogs>?
We offer Amber Bulbs, what bulb are you referring to that you want to replace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpanda305x View Post
Updates on the fogs Justin??!?!?
Making progress, testing and making adjustments to have installation as simple as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brjray View Post
Are you making these HID xenon? The link you sent to the summitracing site was for the xenon hid version. I think this was what you meant to paste. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLA-009071081/
Yes, the RS version is Xenon. The non-RS will have an option of Xenon or non-Xenon.