Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
blackedout010
 
Drives: on order black 2010 2ss
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: north carolina
Posts: 704
360 forged (forged dist.) nightmare!!!!!!!

i placed an order for a set of 20" spec multi's back in late june!! i got the wheels started with a $2000 deposit and would be charged the remaining amount once completed. inwhich i was told 6-8wks lead time. however 3 weeks into the order i was surprisingly laid off... after 9.5 yrs on the job. i immediatley contacted the guys at forged distributing and them what had happend and pretty much im gonna have to cancel wheels.(very embarrased ive never had to do such and try my best to start what i finish) at first i was told everything is ok "thats been happening to alotta folks" we can work this out no problem and they would get back with me on refund. also at this piont wheels were nowhere near being completed as well.
so 3 or 4 more weeks go by honestly at this point im looking for jobs and looking into schooling or a new career. so i admit i could have been on top of things alot better tough times.. when finally i get a call stating i cant get a refund til wheels are sold cause they are done!!!! first off, wheels were nowhere close to being done at the time i notified them! i asked why they were completed and why production wasnt stopped?? with no straight answer they said they would have alaine call me back. btw this is late august.
i get the call from him later that day and he states wheels are done and he cant refund me til they are sold. however he felt confident they would sell quickly and he would get wheels out his salesmen asap. so i gave him the benifit of the doubt.(feeling bad i had canceled) i would wait til wheels sold to get refund.
now since ive called every 2 to 3 wks and no progress. this week has been the worst the guy who answered the phone said i bought wheels from 360forged not forged dist. that they cant refund me nothing??? lol i told him ive talked to alaine on this and my account was charged from forged dist. not 360 forged. he replies "o well ill get him to call you asap". this was monday ive called everyday since cant get through and no return.
honestly i felt bad that all this happend and i am understanding. but this is b.s. ive been more than patient and want my money back. they have $2000 of my money and i have nothing to show for it. its been nearly 5 months since i cancelled ordered. i cant get through to forged dist. through the phone so i figure id try here.
blackedout010 is online now  
Old 12-11-2009, 10:27 PM   #2
1320junkie
Account Suspended
 
Drives: The Imperial Army
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Darkside
Posts: 15,898
Man I wish you would have done your research before you went with 360 Forged. They are not allowed on this forum at all. Never have been never will be. And we give everyone a clean slate to start from. They beat me for $5000 on my vette rims...but I prevailed in the end.
1320junkie is offline  
Old 12-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
blackedout010
 
Drives: on order black 2010 2ss
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: north carolina
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Man I wish you would have done your research before you went with 360 Forged. They are not allowed on this forum at all. Never have been never will be. And we give everyone a clean slate to start from. They beat me for $5000 on my vette rims...but I prevailed in the end.
yea me too!!! any advice on how to prevail??? im all ears!!! ive never had to deal with any situation like this.. any advice would be great!!!
blackedout010 is online now  
Old 12-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #4
Andro
NOICE!!! ™
 
Andro's Avatar
 
Drives: Force Fed 427
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: GOT BOOST?
Posts: 5,216
Heard nothing but bad things about this vendor
__________________
Andro is offline  
Old 12-11-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
meanmike
Account Suspended
 
Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,170
I believe you can take them to small claim's for that amount. I would at least give that a try.
meanmike is offline  
Old 12-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #6
1320junkie
Account Suspended
 
Drives: The Imperial Army
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Darkside
Posts: 15,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedout010 View Post
yea me too!!! any advice on how to prevail??? im all ears!!! ive never had to deal with any situation like this.. any advice would be great!!!
Shoot me a pm with your number and I will call you tomorrow afternoon
1320junkie is offline  
Old 12-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #7
blackedout010
 
Drives: on order black 2010 2ss
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: north carolina
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Shoot me a pm with your number and I will call you tomorrow afternoon
thanks!! will do
blackedout010 is online now  
Old 12-12-2009, 06:43 AM   #8
JoshJ81
 
JoshJ81's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS Black
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
Posts: 257
well???? What's happening? I hate this kind of SH!T!
__________________
2SS/RS A6 L99 - Black w/White Stripes

K&N Air Intake System
Muffler Delete
JoshJ81 is offline  
Old 12-12-2009, 07:41 AM   #9
1320junkie
Account Suspended
 
Drives: The Imperial Army
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Darkside
Posts: 15,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshJ81 View Post
well???? What's happening? I hate this kind of SH!T!
It didnt happen on this forum or are the a vendor on this forum. It happened outside of here
1320junkie is offline  
Old 12-12-2009, 07:55 AM   #10
Indpowr
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Corvette C6
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,028
Tried to warn people, no one listened to my posts.. Wish you the best. Junkie will help.
Indpowr is offline  
Old 12-12-2009, 07:57 AM   #11
1320junkie
Account Suspended
 
Drives: The Imperial Army
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Darkside
Posts: 15,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
Tried to warn people, no one listened to my posts.. Wish you the best. Junkie will help.
You sure did warn people.
1320junkie is offline  
Old 12-12-2009, 08:33 AM   #12
55Designs

 
Drives: 2010
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Westchester NY
Posts: 991
Food for thought. If you go on the 360 website you will see wheels from D2 forged, Concave and others.

Its all the same circle of people so anyone please be careful. Granted HRE is expensive but you will never get screwed going with HRE and they do everything in house unlike these other guys.
55Designs is offline  
Old 12-12-2009, 09:07 AM   #13
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS and a 09' Deluxe
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 117
Correct me if im wrong but doesn't "DEPOSIT" meen if buyer falls through with the sale seller keeps it? just asken...not chosen any sides.
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe is offline  
Old 12-12-2009, 09:52 AM   #14
g-townmach
I FARTED
 
g-townmach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: cen-tex
Posts: 874
This kind of thing goes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. Go check out www.corvetteforums.com to see where it all started. Forged dist screwed ALOT of people but i thought earlier this year they changed staff completely and started treating people better and honoring their orders now... i guess not. Don't worry it'll get worked out, just got to be careful with alot of aftermarket companies b/c alot of them are terribly run businesses. If I were you, I'd just pay them and get your wheels and sell them on here for a couple hundred bucks less than what you paid. I'm sure alot of people would be more than happy to buy a set of good looking 360 forged wheels w/o having to deal w/ forged dist. I've been looking for a set of wheels ya know
__________________
g-townmach is offline  
Old 12-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #15
blackedout010
 
Drives: on order black 2010 2ss
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: north carolina
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-townmach View Post
This kind of thing goes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. Go check out www.corvetteforums.com to see where it all started. Forged dist screwed ALOT of people but i thought earlier this year they changed staff completely and started treating people better and honoring their orders now... i guess not. Don't worry it'll get worked out, just got to be careful with alot of aftermarket companies b/c alot of them are terribly run businesses. If I were you, I'd just pay them and get your wheels and sell them on here for a couple hundred bucks less than what you paid. I'm sure alot of people would be more than happy to buy a set of good looking 360 forged wheels w/o having to deal w/ forged dist. I've been looking for a set of wheels ya know
yea i may look into buying the wheels. i really dont have the money right now. however i may try to get finished picks up and someone get themat agreat deal. but im willing to bet their will be an excuse from them if i say i want them lol
blackedout010 is online now  
Old 12-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #16
RBD
 
RBD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mendota, IL
Posts: 706
If you want a SUPER High Quality wheel set and the best service,
please try AXIOM or COR Forged. With an infinate choice of finishes
and Camaro specific fitments these should be your first choice.
Hope it works out for you...........go get 'em !

AXIOM 502 in 21" pictured
Attached Images
 
RBD is offline  
Old 12-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #17
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS and a 09' Deluxe
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBDesigns View Post
If you want a SUPER High Quality wheel set and the best service,
please try AXIOM or COR Forged. With an infinate choice of finishes
and Camaro specific fitments these should be your first choice.
Hope it works out for you...........go get 'em !

AXIOM 502 in 21" pictured

Look its another commercial which has nothing to do with the thread. No sympathy or answers for the OP, just looken to make a dollar...The guy can't afford to pay off his original set because he lost his job so why buy yours.


To the OP have contacted your credit card company. They may help to get your $$$ back. You never know.
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 02:11 PM   #18
robertway

 
robertway's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBDesigns View Post
If you want a SUPER High Quality wheel set and the best service,
please try AXIOM or COR Forged. With an infinate choice of finishes
and Camaro specific fitments these should be your first choice.
Hope it works out for you...........go get 'em !

AXIOM 502 in 21" pictured
__________________

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin




LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #19
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,199
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I will be ordering through someone who will be providing additional parts for my car, like Indpower. There's no way that I would deal with someone off Camaro5.
The_Blur is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 02:19 PM   #20
ZZcamaro


 
Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,706
I also had a bad experience with 360 Forged. I was working with them in order to setup a sponsorship for my build. It was along the lines of the same idea, where I would have to front them all of the build money and wait for an extended period of time for my wheels. They also could not give me a completion date when they knew I had a hard date that this car must be complete.

I am now looking elsewhere for sponsors!! Other offers are out there, but I have been reluctant to pursue them due to this leaving a bad taste in my mouth. GRRRRRR
ZZcamaro is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #21
BMT CAMERO
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO IS BLACK SS2RS #2599
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BEAUMONT
Posts: 142
I HAVE BOUGHT THREE SET OF WHEELS FROM THEM WITHOUT ANY TROUBLE FROM THEM AT ALL? MAYBE I WAS LUCKY. I JUST SENT 2 WHEELS BACK TO GET REPAIRED I GUESS WE WILL SEE. ILL KEEP U POSTED. I DO HAVE SPEC 5 CHROME LIP AND BRUSHED CENTERS FOR SALE WITH INVO TIRES FOR SALE CHEAP $4500.00 FOR TIRES AND WHEELS
BMT CAMERO is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #22
2010_5thgen


 
2010_5thgen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Acadia Denali
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,274
360 forged is a very shotty company. it took me 5 months before i finally got my wheels and all they did was lie to me the whole time about everything. i could have told you to stay away from them. i love the wheels but the company sucks balls. i threatened to cancel my order many times and they would tell me whatever i wanted to hear just so i didnt cancel.
__________________

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #23
2010_5thgen


 
2010_5thgen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Acadia Denali
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
I also had a bad experience with 360 Forged. I was working with them in order to setup a sponsorship for my build. It was along the lines of the same idea, where I would have to front them all of the build money and wait for an extended period of time for my wheels. They also could not give me a completion date when they knew I had a hard date that this car must be complete.

I am now looking elsewhere for sponsors!! Other offers are out there, but I have been reluctant to pursue them due to this leaving a bad taste in my mouth. GRRRRRR
they told me the same thing. they were going to sponsor my car and get me a bunch of sponsorships and have my car at SEMA. needless to say i was not at SEMA and SCOTT GIBSON CAN KISS MY ASS. and if i ever saw him, i would have a few choice words and actions for him.
__________________

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #24
2010_5thgen


 
2010_5thgen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Acadia Denali
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMT CAMERO View Post
I HAVE BOUGHT THREE SET OF WHEELS FROM THEM WITHOUT ANY TROUBLE FROM THEM AT ALL? MAYBE I WAS LUCKY. I JUST SENT 2 WHEELS BACK TO GET REPAIRED I GUESS WE WILL SEE. ILL KEEP U POSTED. I DO HAVE SPEC 5 CHROME LIP AND BRUSHED CENTERS FOR SALE WITH INVO TIRES FOR SALE CHEAP $4500.00 FOR TIRES AND WHEELS
still dont know how to spell camaro and still typing in caps lock and still defending a shitty company full of liars and gone through 3 owners in 6 months.
__________________

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #25
1320junkie
Account Suspended
 
Drives: The Imperial Army
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Darkside
Posts: 15,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
still dont know how to spell camaro and still typing in caps lock and still defending a sh*tty company full of liars and gone through 3 owners in 6 months.
He has explained before that he is partially blind and that is why he is on the pc typing in all caps.
1320junkie is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my new 360 Forged Spec 5ive wheels 2010_5thgen Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 111 08-16-2009 12:26 PM
360 Forged Straight 5ives Watchamacoolitt Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 0 08-09-2009 02:53 AM
360 Forged Concave Wheels 08z51c6 Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 25 06-09-2009 11:58 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.