Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
retro500
 
retro500's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS Black L99
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: WEST PALM BEACH
Posts: 241
GM DISCOUNT

WHATS THE GM DISCOUNT? ONLY PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE GET IT?
PLEASE HELP
retro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
mikeSS


 
mikeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 7,335
there are different level of a GM discount you can get. if have a family member like dad grandparents, that worked for GM or working for GM, they can get you the most money off. at the most you could get almost 2k.

in a general sense people who work at Gm can get cars a little cheaper and can share there access code ..........
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
MemphisRaines
 
MemphisRaines's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Clive, IA
Posts: 97
The discount is 8% on the base vehicle (LS, 1LT, 2LT, etc.) and 20% on the options. Depending on how many options you get will determine how much overall discount percent you'll get. The post below contains a spreadsheet someone here put together that calculates the MSRP, Invoice, and Employee discount prices. It also has a summary where you can figure out exactly what your camaro will cost. It's very useful...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...aro+calculator
MemphisRaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
alfie43

 
alfie43's Avatar
 
Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alfie (Mariano) lives in Shelby Twp, Metro-Detroit
Posts: 1,119
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisRaines View Post
The discount is 8% on the base vehicle (LS, 1LT, 2LT, etc.) and 20% on the options. Depending on how many options you get will determine how much overall discount percent you'll get. The post below contains a spreadsheet someone here put together that calculates the MSRP, Invoice, and Employee discount prices. It also has a summary where you can figure out exactly what your camaro will cost. It's very useful...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...aro+calculator
The link that MemphisRaines provided is valid. I got the GM Employee discount from my brother. The pricing given on that document is correct to the dollar.
Alfie
__________________
alfie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #5
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!
 
tjd24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NW NJ
Posts: 3,449
The GM Credit Union Discount is the same as the GM Supplier discount - here's the link - https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/ip-...do?program=cud
__________________
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/tjd24 http://ny5thgen.com/TJD_RS.htm
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 & booked for #5
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #6
jeffa55
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Camaro 6M Cyber Grey
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 87
I have the GM Mastercard which earns 5% towards a new car every year up to $500 per year and a maximum of $3500. At some point they came out with a new card that earns more, but you are subject to a cap on most vehicles (like $1000) and cannot be used on others. I chose to keep my old card so I can use the full $3500 (if I have that much built up) on ANY vehicle. I have about $1500 in credit right now that I am giong to use on my camaro which should be here very soon. Over the years I have saved over $10K on GM cards with my wife's account and mine.
jeffa55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:20 AM   #7
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!
 
tjd24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NW NJ
Posts: 3,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa55 View Post
I have the GM Mastercard which earns 5% towards a new car every year up to $500 per year and a maximum of $3500. At some point they came out with a new card that earns more, but you are subject to a cap on most vehicles (like $1000) and cannot be used on others. I chose to keep my old card so I can use the full $3500 (if I have that much built up) on ANY vehicle. I have about $1500 in credit right now that I am giong to use on my camaro which should be here very soon. Over the years I have saved over $10K on GM cards with my wife's account and mine.
+1 - we kept the original card as well and enjoyed similar savings. On the Camaro we applied our earnings of $1,100 (had bought a G6 Hard Top Convertible 2 years ago hence the low earnings balance). As the dealer wasn't accepting GMS (nor could you apply both, but if they had honored the GMS I would've saved the GM Card earnings for the future) the GM Card earnings helped.

Note the new program is limited to 3%, down from 5% - https://www.gmcard.com/GMCard/
__________________
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/tjd24 http://ny5thgen.com/TJD_RS.htm
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 & booked for #5
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #8
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I can get you supplier, and save you even more money - after all, it's my job!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:08 AM   #9
Bert
synergy-green with envy
 
Drives: Cam....ry :-(
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Douglas, MA
Posts: 280
I am qualifed for the supplier discount through my employer, but on a Camaro it isn't much, example:

2SS with RS package
list: $35,795
supplier discount: $34,899
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #10
jeffa55
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Camaro 6M Cyber Grey
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 87
I barted some 'stuff' with the dealer and my 1SS/RS 6M will end up being $19,800 out of my pocket
jeffa55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:15 PM   #11
gregus73
 
gregus73's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Blue Challenger R/T
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 159
I got the supplier discount as well, it was $1500.00 off.
gregus73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #12
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
I am qualifed for the supplier discount through my employer, but on a Camaro it isn't much, example:

2SS with RS package
list: $35,795
supplier discount: $34,899
Take another 60 day gaurantee waiver rebate of $500 and a USAA rebate of $750 - there's ANOTHER $1250 off.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #13
savage71ChevelleSS
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS Imperial Blue
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 265
What is the USAA discount?
savage71ChevelleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #14
KateVrroom
 
KateVrroom's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 60
And aren't the discounts changing after jan 1st? Do we know what the changes are?
KateVrroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #15
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 123,973
I wish I knew about the GM mastercard, I would have got one a long time ago.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #16
solo40oz
 
solo40oz's Avatar
 
Drives: My wife crazy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 709
Anyone know yet if there is price protection on vehicles ordered before the Jan 5th change?
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #17
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
No price protection for GM employee's with the current GM Employee pricing ending 1/4/2010....the supplier will be about the same and will become ONE DISCOUNT PRICE.

Any other discounts - You get the incentives available at DELIVERY not ordering.

In stock units will save you right now...especially if we get hit with a price increase 1/1/2010
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #18
jkstew1
 
Drives: Dodge Challenger
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4
GM Card + discounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
I can get you supplier, and save you even more money - after all, it's my job!
Can you use your GM card savings with any of the discounts available?
jkstew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:50 AM   #19
armysig
Catch me if you can
 
armysig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage71ChevelleSS View Post
What is the USAA discount?

"USAA means United Services Automobile Association and its insurance, banking, investment and other companies." From the USAA website.

I'm not sure if it's opened up to non military, but when I became a member you needed to be a service member or a family member of someone on the military to join.

The rebate discount for members is $750.00
__________________
armysig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:16 AM   #20
alfie43

 
alfie43's Avatar
 
Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alfie (Mariano) lives in Shelby Twp, Metro-Detroit
Posts: 1,119
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
No price protection for GM employee's with the current GM Employee pricing ending 1/4/2010....the supplier will be about the same and will become ONE DISCOUNT PRICE.

Any other discounts - You get the incentives available at DELIVERY not ordering.
Scotty,
I have brothers that work for Ford, Chrysler and GM. Obviously, I got the GM Employee price for my Camaro and CTS and the Chrysler EP for my Town & Country.

Will I lose some percentage of my GM discount come January? What is the bottom line?

Geez! Am I going to be forced to buy Challenger or Mustang next time.

Alfie
__________________

Last edited by alfie43; 12-14-2009 at 11:10 AM.
alfie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #21
Tigertrj
 
Drives: White Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Baton Rouge,La
Posts: 109
Ushould get more off than that, my Aunt works for gm i got like 3500 off
Tigertrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #22
VADER SS L99


 
VADER SS L99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 2,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie43 View Post
Scotty,
I have brothers that work for Ford, Chrysler and GM. Obviously, I got the GM Employee price for my Camaro and CTS and the Chrysler EP for my Town & Country.

Will I lose some percentage of my GM discount come January? What is the bottom line?

Geez! Am I going to be forced to buy Challenger or Mustang next time.

Alfie
Come Jan 5 GM employees and their immediate families will get a preferred price(GMS discount) + a set amount discount on top of that depending on vehicle. Only bad thing is there is no discount on the Camaro on top of the prefered price discount. For example the corvette gets a $2500.00 discount plus the preferred price discount. This is fantastic saving on all GM cars EXCEPT the Camaro. The 2011 Camaro should qualify for the extra discount since it will no longer be a new year car though.
VADER SS L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:21 PM   #23
Kai Lae
 
Drives: CGM 2SS A6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cudahy WI
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Take another 60 day gaurantee waiver rebate of $500
What's that, haven't heard of that one
Kai Lae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:23 PM   #24
Kai Lae
 
Drives: CGM 2SS A6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cudahy WI
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
I'm not sure if it's opened up to non military, but when I became a member you needed to be a service member or a family member of someone on the military to join.
As far as I know, it is not and is not going to be. Though, I'm hearing ads for them on the radio which is kinda odd.
Kai Lae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:56 AM   #25
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
it is available with limited benefits for non-military....but it does get you the additional $750 (until the end of the month)
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USAA DISCOUNT $750.00 MIlitary Members BlownSS Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 15 11-30-2009 04:43 PM
* * GM Discount programs CHANGING January 5th! * * CamaroScotty Dealer Camaros for Sale 11 11-29-2009 06:33 PM
Is Non-GM employees eligible for employee discount (Family & Friends Discount)? pglover19 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 1 07-03-2009 01:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.