Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
Rickie

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT Conv
Decent GM discount..... GONE!!!!

Well it was supposed to happen, and it did. The GM discount for direct employees is being changed to match a lower supplier discount. This discount will only add up to about 700 bucks on a 30K Camaro. For those without the GM discount, you may say, so.....
But for GM employees, it kind of sucks. Oh well.........
Rickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
SilverIce1
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Automatic
Hey, not to be argumentative, but at least thanks to tax dollars GM employees still have jobs. Without a job/income a bigger discount won't help buy the car.
SilverIce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
UnknownWarrior
GM Employee

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIce1 View Post
Hey, not to be argumentative, but at least thanks to tax dollars GM employees still have jobs. Without a job/income a bigger discount won't help buy the car.
just like every bank as well right? or do you not care about those who took A HELL of a lot more money then us...
Old 12-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
Black_2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
GM would have never needed money if the govt had kept their hands out of their business in the first place! They give them so many regulations and requirements that are totally worthless. They are what make it totally inefficient to make the cars. GM did great w/ the Camaro. The discounts just let me get the extra features that I wanted. Was a big help! As an employee you'd think they would want to give you every reason to buy your own cars though.
Black_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
That is bummer news eh.....
I was looking forward to getting GMS pricing! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
Rocks RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Glad I ordered mine along time ago and got the GMS discount.

PS: I have just over 13,000 miles on mine now.

Sporting MRT V1, Hurst short throw, and Injen long tube and loving it!!!

Also, over 125,000 miles and going.
Rocks RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #7
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_2SS View Post
GM would have never needed money if the govt had kept their hands out of their business in the first place! They give them so many regulations and requirements that are totally worthless. They are what make it totally inefficient to make the cars. GM did great w/ the Camaro. The discounts just let me get the extra features that I wanted. Was a big help! As an employee you'd think they would want to give you every reason to buy your own cars though.
Without making the dangerous step into politics, I'll simply point out that democracy places a lot of demands on the people to express their will to the government. Call your elected officials, and tell them what you want. If you fail to do so, the odds are that no one will for you.

GM employees now have a lower discount. This has nothing to do with the government. This is a policy designed to plug the bleed caused by unprofitable sales to people within the company. It makes sense because it keeps GM in the black, but at the same time it sucks for those who could have paid less a month ago.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
$**! Happens
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:00 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
No Politics.

Keep it on topic or the thread gets closed

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #10
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_2SS View Post
Old 12-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickie View Post
Well it was supposed to happen, and it did. The GM discount for direct employees is being changed to match a lower supplier discount. This discount will only add up to about 700 bucks on a 30K Camaro. For those without the GM discount, you may say, so.....
But for GM employees, it kind of sucks. Oh well.........
In some cases the new discount will be even a better deal - just not on new release vehicles.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #12
SilverIce1
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Automatic
No politics involved. Just pointing out that having a job is better than not having a job and being able to buy a new Camaro because you have a job is better than not having a job but being able to buy at a lower price with the money you don't have.

Except for the last nine years in Kansas and the six I served my country, I am a native of Metro-Detroit and have family that works for GM, Fiat (now), and Ford.

I also am Glad GM wasn't permitted to fail because I love my Camaro. The saving grace was tax dollars and federal debt - not politics - simply economic fact.
SilverIce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
No politics involved. Just pointing out that having a job is better than not having a job and being able to buy a new Camaro because you have a job is better than not having a job but being able to buy at a lower price with the money you don't have.

Except for the last nine years in Kansas and the six I served my country, I am a native of Metro-Detroit and have family that works for GM, Fiat (now), and Ford.

I also am Glad GM wasn't permitted to fail because I love my Camaro. The saving grace was tax dollars and federal debt - not politics - simply economic fact.
I understand, the warning was for everyone who might not be quite so able to separate facts from opinions

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #14
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Why the complaining? 10 Years ago there was no GMS pricing. Best deal an employee would get is invoice. As far as incentive for employee's buying a GM vehicle, seriously now, really.... What about Job security or just plain pride in one's work? Regardless what GM does, someone will be upset. Why not bigger rebates? Why not bigger engines? Why doesn't it come in green? Why doesn't it cook my breakfast, feed my kids and bath my dog? Seriously now, GM is building a great product, they are working on one of the biggest re-structuring's ever seen in the auto-industry, and will be re-innovating the car industry over the next couple years with Products like the VOLT, and the Hydrogen-Fuel Cell they are working on.
I Guarantee if it was your business, and it was your profit used then you would be alot more conservative with the discounts. Enjoy the vehicles, and honestly if the 500 dollar difference between the old GMS and new price setting, is making the Camaro, to expensive for you to purchase one, then with all due respect, you shouldn't be getting one.

Rants done.
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:09 PM   #15
jimsss

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrboyd_1980 View Post
Why the complaining? 10 Years ago there was no GMS pricing. Best deal an employee would get is invoice. As far as incentive for employee's buying a GM vehicle, seriously now, really.... What about Job security or just plain pride in one's work? Regardless what GM does, someone will be upset. Why not bigger rebates? Why not bigger engines? Why doesn't it come in green? Why doesn't it cook my breakfast, feed my kids and bath my dog? Seriously now, GM is building a great product, they are working on one of the biggest re-structuring's ever seen in the auto-industry, and will be re-innovating the car industry over the next couple years with Products like the VOLT, and the Hydrogen-Fuel Cell they are working on.
I Guarantee if it was your business, and it was your profit used then you would be alot more conservative with the discounts. Enjoy the vehicles, and honestly if the 500 dollar difference between the old GMS and new price setting, is making the Camaro, to expensive for you to purchase one, then with all due respect, you shouldn't be getting one.

Rants done.
It's alot more than $500.00!
This was a benefit for GM employees. As much as current employees and retirees have given, this is just one more thing taken from us.
We make the Camaro and should be able to have a GMS discount.
For those that still do not understand I will not try to explain it any further.
jimsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #16
jimsss

Originally Posted by jrboyd_1980
Why the complaining? 10 Years ago there was no GMS pricing.

That is a completely inaccurate statement. I think we should stick with what we know.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #17
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownWarrior View Post
just like every bank as well right? or do you not care about those who took A HELL of a lot more money then us...
Not to be offensive here, but the country could not survive without the banking system... everyone, including yourself or anyone else in this forum, would have been affected in a very negative manner.

If GM went down, only the automotive world would have been hurt, most of us here would have been fine...

So again I dont want to offend anyone, but be happy with your job, because every penny that GM spends is coming from us.

Having said that... Happy Holidays!

For the mods: No politics here, just a true fact!

Last edited by nashstat; 12-15-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Added the note for the mods.
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #18
smokinjoe

Drives: 1992 ragtop RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsss View Post
It's alot more than $500.00!
This was a benefit for GM employees. As much as current employees and retirees have given, this is just one more thing taken from us.
We make the Camaro and should be able to have a GMS discount.
For those that still do not understand I will not try to explain it any further.
I agree, I'm bummed after 30 years working for them maybe I'll buy used but that would be like shooting myself in the foot since I love my pension.
smokinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #19
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2007 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Not sure how much we're getting off now, but I'm just happy that we still have a discount.

My Cars: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE, 2007 Ford F-150 XL (State-issued)
Extended Family: 2013 GMC Terrain SLE, 1998 GMC Sonoma SLS Extended Cab

FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #20
WySilverado

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro M6 Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Not sure how much we're getting off now, but I'm just happy that we still have a discount.
That to me is a much better way to look at it....... Especially in our current Entitlement infested society.......
WySilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #21
YenkoSC

Drives: 1967 Camaro RS/SS, 1969 Camaro
Be grateful you are getting some sort of discount.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #22
jimsss

Everyone keeps saying "discount".
This is, (was) a GM employee benefit.
If you are not a GM employee then mabe that's why you don't understand.

The new (EVA) Employee Vehicle Allowance will now be used to help dealers clear out old stock or slow selling vehicles.
It will not apply to new releases or hot cars like the Camaro.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #23
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
No Politics.

Keep it on topic or the thread gets closed
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #24
gemicual4

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
You are so correct. The important part now is for GM to continue to improve, make great car's and trucks and pay back the loans.
gemicual4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #25
BadSS

Drives: 08 GMC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsss View Post
Everyone keeps saying "discount".
This is, (was) a GM employee benefit.
If you are not a GM employee then mabe that's why you don't understand.

The new (EVA) Employee Vehicle Allowance will now be used to help dealers clear out old stock or slow selling vehicles.
It will not apply to new releases or hot cars like the Camaro.

MY GOD GET A GRIP, THATS THE PROBLEM....you get too many BENEFITS
you could be standing in the unemployment line and not only would you NOT be getting that "benefit", you wouldn't be getting a paycheck. Remember, if your not getting a paycheck, you are not getting a Camaro either so the benefit would be moot - wouldn't it? As others stated, count your lucky stars you even have a job. Guess if your not happy with what your getting , I think McDonalds is hiring and I believe they have a good benefit package. Oh, wait a minute, McDonalds is not hiring either.

...just saying
BadSS is offline   Reply With Quote