Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
Rickie
 
Drives: 2000 Mustang GT Conv
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: michigan
Posts: 89
Decent GM discount..... GONE!!!!

Well it was supposed to happen, and it did. The GM discount for direct employees is being changed to match a lower supplier discount. This discount will only add up to about 700 bucks on a 30K Camaro. For those without the GM discount, you may say, so.....
But for GM employees, it kind of sucks. Oh well.........
Rickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
SilverIce1
Silver Ice
 
Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Automatic
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 191
Hey, not to be argumentative, but at least thanks to tax dollars GM employees still have jobs. Without a job/income a bigger discount won't help buy the car.
SilverIce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
UnknownWarrior
GM Employee
 
UnknownWarrior's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIce1 View Post
Hey, not to be argumentative, but at least thanks to tax dollars GM employees still have jobs. Without a job/income a bigger discount won't help buy the car.
just like every bank as well right? or do you not care about those who took A HELL of a lot more money then us...
__________________
2010 Camaro SS/RS - Doug Thorley LT's, SNL V.X Cam/Tune, ADM Cold Air Intake, GMPP Exhaust
UnknownWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
Black_2SS
 
Black_2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 275
GM would have never needed money if the govt had kept their hands out of their business in the first place! They give them so many regulations and requirements that are totally worthless. They are what make it totally inefficient to make the cars. GM did great w/ the Camaro. The discounts just let me get the extra features that I wanted. Was a big help! As an employee you'd think they would want to give you every reason to buy your own cars though.
Black_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,281
That is bummer news eh.....
I was looking forward to getting GMS pricing! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
Rocks RS

 
Rocks RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cortland Ohio
Posts: 779
Glad I ordered mine along time ago and got the GMS discount.

PS: I have just over 13,000 miles on mine now.
__________________
2010 Camaro 2LT / RS - Black w/IO interior & M6

Sporting MRT V1, Hurst short throw, and Injen long tube and loving it!!!

Also, over 125,000 miles and going.
Rocks RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #7
The_Blur
Rock Chalk
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon Super Sport
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,687
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_2SS View Post
GM would have never needed money if the govt had kept their hands out of their business in the first place! They give them so many regulations and requirements that are totally worthless. They are what make it totally inefficient to make the cars. GM did great w/ the Camaro. The discounts just let me get the extra features that I wanted. Was a big help! As an employee you'd think they would want to give you every reason to buy your own cars though.
Without making the dangerous step into politics, I'll simply point out that democracy places a lot of demands on the people to express their will to the government. Call your elected officials, and tell them what you want. If you fail to do so, the odds are that no one will for you.

GM employees now have a lower discount. This has nothing to do with the government. This is a policy designed to plug the bleed caused by unprofitable sales to people within the company. It makes sense because it keeps GM in the black, but at the same time it sucks for those who could have paid less a month ago.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
ChriSS84
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati,Ohio
Posts: 853
$**! Happens
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:00 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,293
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
No Politics.

Keep it on topic or the thread gets closed
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #10
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_2SS View Post
GM would have never needed money if the govt had kept their hands out of their business in the first place! They give them so many regulations and requirements that are totally worthless. They are what make it totally inefficient to make the cars. GM did great w/ the Camaro. The discounts just let me get the extra features that I wanted. Was a big help! As an employee you'd think they would want to give you every reason to buy your own cars though.
__________________
Bought my Camaro from Eric Hall(817) 421-7266
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,801
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickie View Post
Well it was supposed to happen, and it did. The GM discount for direct employees is being changed to match a lower supplier discount. This discount will only add up to about 700 bucks on a 30K Camaro. For those without the GM discount, you may say, so.....
But for GM employees, it kind of sucks. Oh well.........
In some cases the new discount will be even a better deal - just not on new release vehicles.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #12
SilverIce1
Silver Ice
 
Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Automatic
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 191
No politics involved. Just pointing out that having a job is better than not having a job and being able to buy a new Camaro because you have a job is better than not having a job but being able to buy at a lower price with the money you don't have.

Except for the last nine years in Kansas and the six I served my country, I am a native of Metro-Detroit and have family that works for GM, Fiat (now), and Ford.

I also am Glad GM wasn't permitted to fail because I love my Camaro. The saving grace was tax dollars and federal debt - not politics - simply economic fact.
SilverIce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,293
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIce1 View Post
No politics involved. Just pointing out that having a job is better than not having a job and being able to buy a new Camaro because you have a job is better than not having a job but being able to buy at a lower price with the money you don't have.

Except for the last nine years in Kansas and the six I served my country, I am a native of Metro-Detroit and have family that works for GM, Fiat (now), and Ford.

I also am Glad GM wasn't permitted to fail because I love my Camaro. The saving grace was tax dollars and federal debt - not politics - simply economic fact.
I understand, the warning was for everyone who might not be quite so able to separate facts from opinions
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #14
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache
 
jrboyd_1980's Avatar
 
Drives: Everything
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,174
Why the complaining? 10 Years ago there was no GMS pricing. Best deal an employee would get is invoice. As far as incentive for employee's buying a GM vehicle, seriously now, really.... What about Job security or just plain pride in one's work? Regardless what GM does, someone will be upset. Why not bigger rebates? Why not bigger engines? Why doesn't it come in green? Why doesn't it cook my breakfast, feed my kids and bath my dog? Seriously now, GM is building a great product, they are working on one of the biggest re-structuring's ever seen in the auto-industry, and will be re-innovating the car industry over the next couple years with Products like the VOLT, and the Hydrogen-Fuel Cell they are working on.
I Guarantee if it was your business, and it was your profit used then you would be alot more conservative with the discounts. Enjoy the vehicles, and honestly if the 500 dollar difference between the old GMS and new price setting, is making the Camaro, to expensive for you to purchase one, then with all due respect, you shouldn't be getting one.

Rants done.
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USAA DISCOUNT $750.00 MIlitary Members BlownSS Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 15 11-30-2009 03:43 PM
Unique question about GM supplier discount Arch Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 19 06-02-2009 11:21 AM
Good news for Nor Cal people if you haven't ordered yet!!! Group discount Mindz USA - California 26 05-11-2009 08:43 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.