Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
wildcatjake
Full of Shenanigans

Drives: The pedal through the floor pan...
Anyone have SCT X3?

Hey everyone. I know that SCT has supported the Camaro since about August, but I havent heard of anyone using the SCT X3 handheld programmer. I have one for my 07 Silverado and have been very pleased with it for about 40k miles now. I like the idea of being able to switch between 3 CUSTOM tunes and also being able to reset to stock if I need to.

Anyone have any experience with this unit?
GMPP 21" Wheels - Volant CAI - XS Power LT's and exhaust - Custom Tune - MGW Short Throw - IOM Heritage Grille - 25% Tint - AAC Amber LED Upgrade, Footwells, and DRL's - JL 10W7 in a Subthump Box - Active Image Dynamics and Vifa Components - Kenwood Amps - Lots of Sound Deadener - Big Worm full tint kit and bowties

Future Plans: Vmax ported TB - More AAC goodies - Drop Springs/Sways/Bushings
Wish List: AirLift - Whipple - Cam
wildcatjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatjake View Post
Hey everyone. I know that SCT has supported the Camaro since about August, but I havent heard of anyone using the SCT X3 handheld programmer. I have one for my 07 Silverado and have been very pleased with it for about 40k miles now. I like the idea of being able to switch between 3 CUSTOM tunes and also being able to reset to stock if I need to.

Many of the handhelds, if not most of them, have the ability to store several tunes and keep the OEM tune in memory so you can go back to stock settings.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
This is our primary tuning device for the Camaro and it works great. We chose this device because SCT's software does everything HP tuners can and it also restores all the checksum (cvn) information when returning back to stock it it can not be traced
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #4
Deeboe
Bowtie, FOR LIFE!!!!

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS SW/IOM Interrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatjake View Post

yeah i went with sct, and their concept seems cool to me, from what im understanding they tune with specific bolt-ons per your car. so its custom rather than canned. waiting for my tune right now from paul. The package the X3 comes with everthing you need usb cable, software, etc. My only prob (small) was on installation of the software, we run MAC in our house, and I had to find a CPU with IE 7 or higher for it. I havent added LTs yet but will next week. All bolt-on upgrades can be retuned for no charge at SCT and they will re-tune, Im just ready to let The TM go on my L99. once i get the tune i will let you all know, but knowing me i will sent it back to get dialed in just right, but right now im feeling them
2010 CGM SS/RS A6 (RIP)
one pissed SS right there!!!!
Deeboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:18 PM   #5
1bacamaro

Drives: 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister@Torq View Post
This is our primary tuning device for the Camaro and it works great. We chose this device because SCT's software does everything HP tuners can and it also restores all the checksum (cvn) information when returning back to stock it it can not be traced
I have the sct from Torq with their tunes and very happy with it.
1bacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
Deeboe
Bowtie, FOR LIFE!!!!

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS SW/IOM Interrior
bout to upload mines now, Paul was very helpful in the process.......
2010 CGM SS/RS A6 (RIP)
one pissed SS right there!!!!
Deeboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #7
sixty9fordkiller
bowtie junkie

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
just got my SCT Tuner Today from Jannetty Racing. All i have on the car so far is MBRP Cat-Back and AIRAID CAI. Ted is gonna do my tune

sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote