Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 05:35 PM   #26
Twin Turbo

Drives: '05 Ford Mustang
No worries Tag.....it's all good.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:45 PM   #27
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRich View Post
Actually i love the car its clean looking, but the camaro is clean looking and mean looking,

But one thing Wheres the Door Handles?????
Because Ford never thought anyone would actually want to get in it. Haha jk.

It looks nice

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Old 01-17-2008, 10:00 PM   #28
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2005 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprhead5 View Post
I love what you did with the side scoops.

it's funny how someone can post a mustang pic on a camaro forum and we are all like thats neat but we still like camaros more. But if you posted a camaro pic on a mustang site they would hack your forum profile, find your house, and show up on your doorstep to scald you with burning oil.
You know thats not true...
Over at Mustang Forums there are Moderators that don't own Mustangs,
One owns a Camaro and another own a 2005 GTO. Sidewayz6.0 Senior Site Moderator
There are several Members that own both Mustangs and Camaros.

And there are Long time Members Like
SSteele, TommyV8, 98LS1, Pewterwssicc, SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
, MrRogers, C6 VETTE, 2004M6GTO, slims00ls1z28, stanger88, S8ER01Z, The Stig, nickdotcom2.0, Redneck97, SpecterGT260, tspence45 To name a few just in one thread

Check out the drag racing section I never see the activity you say goes on.

Then there people like me who want to own all three of the new edge muscle
I own a 05 Mustang GT, I am Buying a 2010 Camaro and I am trying to justify the Challenger.

I love them all

Last edited by 2K05GT; 01-17-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #29
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo View Post
Well, the 2010 is really a facelifted '05.

It's likely to get hips and the front end is said to be GT500 inspired. The rear's more of a mystery.

Whether the rumoured 350+bhp "standard" V8 is ready from day one is another matter, but it'd make sense.
Those are pretty skinny hips on that 'Stang. My Camaro will have some hips that'll give you a... well, someone had a good word on here recently and I don't remember who, but a Camarogasm... Yeah, that's a fitting word.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:45 AM   #30
Twin Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post

Then there people like me who want to own all three of the new edge muscle
I own a 05 Mustang GT, I am Buying a 2010 Camaro and I am trying to justify the Challenger.

I love them all
I'm with you, there, matey! If I just had:

A) A 3 car garage
B) The money!

Then all three would be mine. What a line up that would be
Old 01-18-2008, 04:20 AM   #31
vontivonti

Drives: 1969 Ford Mustang 428 CJ
For all who are wondering why i put a Mustang redesign on a Camaro Page: no, it's not to get people angry. I love Muustangs (especialy my 69 Ford Mustang 428 Cobrajet), and I love the new Camaro.

I think both cars are very bold and masculin. The NEW Camaro is in my opinion stronger in expression than the current Mustang and the OLD Mustang is stronger than the old Camaro.

So that leaves one question: What is it, that made the 69 Mustang looking so cool? How would that look on the 05 Model today? Can a redesign make the Mustang even stronger than the new Camaro?

Ford is asking themself the same questions... and i am wondering, what answers the will have 2010. One thing is clear: those 2 Cars compete in the same marketsegment... like 30 Years ago.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:39 AM   #32
Twin Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vontivonti View Post
I think both cars are very bold and masculin. The NEW Camaro is in my opinion stronger in expression than the current Mustang and the OLD Mustang is stronger than the old Camaro.

So that leaves one question: What is it, that made the 69 Mustang looking so cool? How would that look on the 05 Model today? Can a redesign make the Mustang even stronger than the new Camaro?

Ford is asking themself the same questions... and i am wondering, what answers the will have 2010. One thing is clear: those 2 Cars compete in the same marketsegment... like 30 Years ago.
vontivonti - You're thinking along very similar lines to me. The '69 Mustang (such as you're gorgeous beast of a car) is my favourite looking Mustang and I think the new Camaro picks up on a lot of it's styling themes (although the reality is the '69 Camaro and '69 Mustang had similar styling) particularly around the rear 3/4.

For me, the current '05 Mustang takes a '65 Mustang style and brings it up to date. I'd love to see what the same approach to a '69 would look like.

See here for a thread I started on another forum.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=74651
Old 01-18-2008, 02:24 PM   #33
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo View Post
vontivonti - You're thinking along very similar lines to me. The '69 Mustang (such as you're gorgeous beast of a car) is my favourite looking Mustang and I think the new Camaro picks up on a lot of it's styling themes (although the reality is the '69 Camaro and '69 Mustang had similar styling) particularly around the rear 3/4.

For me, the current '05 Mustang takes a '65 Mustang style and brings it up to date. I'd love to see what the same approach to a '69 would look like.

See here for a thread I started on another forum.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=74651
Were all three on the same wave length.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #34
NateZ

Drives: 1970 Chevelle SS454

Make that 4 on the same wavelength. Yes, there was just something about the '69 Mach 1 428CJ. I happen to like that one myself, vonti.

Personally, I love all muscle cars regardless of brand. In the background and in my sig below, you can see my Chevelle SS454. For what it's worth, I've had these cars for quite some time. I can only imagine how broke I'd be if I had purchased them in recent years when the prices were just ... well ... insanely high.

Now I'm just patiently waiting for the new Camaro. Daddy needs a new daily driver.

'70 SS454 -- When The Only Carbs You Cared About Were Under the Hood.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #35
Twin Turbo

I'm in good company. The Chevelle and the Mach1 are gorgeous
Old 01-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #36
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
I'm definitely more a Camaro guy than a Mustang guy, but I have to tell you, those older Mustangs are just beautiful. My dream would be to own (at least) one Camaro from each generation and one Mustang from each of the first few generations. I haven't done much research on the Mustang history, so I couldn't tell you what year they stopped appealing to me.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:47 AM   #37
vontivonti

Drives: 1969 Ford Mustang 428 CJ
ha ha, WOW, you have about the same car as I have. An red R-Code! Mine is manualy shiftet. I think also that a new Camaro will fit beside my 69 Mustang very nicely :-) I bougt mine in Paris (France) for 18'000 USD :-)
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #38
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smike07 View Post
Those are pretty skinny hips on that 'Stang. My Camaro will have some hips that'll give you a... well, someone had a good word on here recently and I don't remember who, but a Camarogasm... Yeah, that's a fitting word.
I have heard the the 09 Mustang is going to have hips.
This is one of my Few complaints on the Mustang, is that from fender to fender it's to sharp or straight of a line. I also would like to see 400hp as well, I have 350hp (Dyno 328rwhp) now and it's fun but I would like it to be a bit more.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:37 PM   #39
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
I'm definitely more a Camaro guy than a Mustang guy, but I have to tell you, those older Mustangs are just beautiful. My dream would be to own (at least) one Camaro from each generation and one Mustang from each of the first few generations. I haven't done much research on the Mustang history, so I couldn't tell you what year they stopped appealing to me.
Oh Maybe 74 with the Mustang II? I liked the Fox Bodies though.
The 68-71 was may favorite years for both the Mustang and Camaro/Firebird.
I wish I would have never Sold my 1971 455 T/A. White with Blue Stripes hmmmmmmm.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:48 PM   #40
Camarogasm

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smike07 View Post

Look at my ID
Old 02-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #41
Flyin'Camaros
BumbleBee is my Hero...

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Black M6
I only liked the styling of 60's mustangs..(just preference, no bashing).. But, THE only mustang I will get in is a P-51!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #42
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin'Camaros View Post
I only liked the styling of 60's mustangs..(just preference, no bashing).. But, THE only mustang I will get in is a P-51!!!
To each his own, but some what narrow minded, it's like saying I will only date Blondes, you could be missing out on some fun with Red heads or Brunettes.

That's Why I love Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers they are like Women, Black, White and Asian, all freakin Hot and would hate to miss out on anything. But thats just me.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #43
Navy Blue
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2001 Chevy Impala
wow those are pretty cool, i'm a young guy and respect american muscle from the first gen's to the current, the reason i'm going for the camaro i'd say would be because of the looks now, just like you guy's have your 69's n such, 50 years from now i want to have my 2009's well kept. but the reason i post is to really thank you gentlemen and ladies for allowing me to view a piece of your history...those cars are beautiful.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #44
chevys

Drives: 03 Mach 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateZ View Post

Make that 4 on the same wavelength. Yes, there was just something about the '69 Mach 1 428CJ. I happen to like that one myself, vonti.

Personally, I love all muscle cars regardless of brand. In the background and in my sig below, you can see my Chevelle SS454. For what it's worth, I've had these cars for quite some time. I can only imagine how broke I'd be if I had purchased them in recent years when the prices were just ... well ... insanely high.

Now I'm just patiently waiting for the new Camaro. Daddy needs a new daily driver.
That mach 1 is HAWT! I lurk around here too because I like all of them. The challenger is last on my list because of price but I think they are sharp. The only thing looks wise that Im trying to get past on the Camaro is the grill. It looks like a smily face for some reason to me but a lot can change between now and production. Im sure it will be a great car.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:01 AM   #45
Flyin'Camaros
BumbleBee is my Hero...

Quote:
To each his own, but some what narrow minded, it's like saying I will only date Blondes, you could be missing out on some fun with Red heads or Brunettes.

That's Why I love Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers they are like Women, Black, White and Asian, all freakin Hot and would hate to miss out on anything. But thats just me.
You are absolutely right...TO EACH THERE OWN. Intereseting analogy...on the women...you must be single...if not, never mind not going there.

This is a Camaro vs Mustang thread right? hmmmm ok..I NEVER bashed the mustang (said it in my post), just said my preference is not the mustang and would rather fly one! I like the old styling better and think that Ford has slacked in the mustang..JUST MY OPINION...there are some with newer mustangs that are pretty nice because of what people have personally done. But, I am into the Camaro...Challengers, Chelvelles, sweet...but only want and have $$$ for the Camaro

As for the women...Dated, and still married a blonde, she is my Camaro!!

Last edited by Flyin'Camaros; 02-06-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #46
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Quote:
You are absolutely right...TO EACH THERE OWN. Intereseting analogy...on the women...you must be single...if not, never mind not going there.

This is a Camaro vs Mustang thread right? hmmmm ok..I NEVER bashed the mustang (said it in my post), just said my preference is not the mustang and would rather fly one! I like the old styling better and think that Ford has slacked in the mustang..JUST MY OPINION...there are some with newer mustangs that are pretty nice because of what people have personally done. But, I am into the Camaro...Challengers, Chelvelles, sweet...but only want and have $$$ for the Camaro

As for the women...Dated, and still married a blonde, she is my Camaro!!
Sorry just a defensive posture, I am a Mustang Owner on a Camaro site,
even though it's my First Ford, I Love My Mustang, it's better than I expected it to be. I test drove the 05 GTO first and then the Charger R/T
and then finally the Mustang. All three were Auto Trannies because I can't use my left knee to push the clutch in (Crushed it in a Motorcycle accident)
the Mustang performed better than the GTO (Yes remember Auto) and Charger R/T, plus the price was right and frankly it looked better that the others. The GTO interior was the nicest, and the charger had tons of bells and whistles but they did not do anything for me. So when you say "THE only mustang I will get in is a P-51!!!" I took it as ok, another Ford Hater Chevy Fan boy and maybe you don't know what your missing, you may like it. Sure it's not going to be as fast as a Camaro but it has it's own charm.

I can't wait to buy my camaro, I am just as thrilled as I was when I got my Mustang, or even when I bought my first Muscle car in 1981. it was a 1971 Pontiac Trans Am 455. I loved that car.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #47
Flyin'Camaros
BumbleBee is my Hero...

Quote:
Sorry just a defensive posture, I am a Mustang Owner on a Camaro site,
even though it's my First Ford, I Love My Mustang, it's better than I expected it to be. I test drove the 05 GTO first and then the Charger R/T
and then finally the Mustang. All three were Auto Trannies because I can't use my left knee to push the clutch in (Crushed it in a Motorcycle accident)
the Mustang performed better than the GTO (Yes remember Auto) and Charger R/T, plus the price was right and frankly it looked better that the others. The GTO interior was the nicest, and the charger had tons of bells and whistles but they did not do anything for me. So when you say "THE only mustang I will get in is a P-51!!!" I took it as ok, another Ford Hater Chevy Fan boy and maybe you don't know what your missing, you may like it. Sure it's not going to be as fast as a Camaro but it has it's own charm.

I can't wait to buy my camaro, I am just as thrilled as I was when I got my Mustang, or even when I bought my first Muscle car in 1981. it was a 1971 Pontiac Trans Am 455. I loved that car.
I can't wait to buy the Camaro either!!! This will be my first car with some B@lls...

Personally, next to you guys, I am nothing of a muscle car guy compared to what you all love and know...I would have to fly the P-51 to stay up with most of you guys...(which would be )
I am fairly new to loving muscle cars. I loved this camaro since it debuted..(like alot of others) as a matter of fact I like the older camaros better than the rest...but what some of these guys have done to all generations of camaros is sweet. I would not put down anyone's ride, or opinion of what they think. I have a personal opinion, like you do, on what we like, but hey that is what makes the world go round right!?! Didn't mean it to be like a jab...just havin' fun.

By the way, that Trans Am must have been SWEEEET!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:19 AM   #48
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Quote:
I can't wait to buy the Camaro either!!! This will be my first car with some B@lls...

Personally, next to you guys, I am nothing of a muscle car guy compared to what you all love and know...I would have to fly the P-51 to stay up with most of you guys...(which would be )
I am fairly new to loving muscle cars. I loved this camaro since it debuted..(like alot of others) as a matter of fact I like the older camaros better than the rest...but what some of these guys have done to all generations of camaros is sweet. I would not put down anyone's ride, or opinion of what they think. I have a personal opinion, like you do, on what we like, but hey that is what makes the world go round right!?! Didn't mean it to be like a jab...just havin' fun.

By the way, that Trans Am must have been SWEEEET!

I found a P-51A you could get into...

Roush P-51A 510HP car for 2008

You have no Idea how much I enjoyed the Trans Am, it was an awsome car.
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2008, 11:06 AM   #49
Flyin'Camaros
BumbleBee is my Hero...

That is some good marketing right there. I bet that engine sounds good...Just think if it sounds like your getting passed by an actual P-51! I would say that is a pretty nice ride...I like the overall scheme and paint as well

That Trans Am is AWESOME...Yeah that must have been tough to sell...but hey, it sounds like you have some great memories...that is priceless.

I forgot to say in the last post, I hope they have the option for a sport shift to either use as auto or a clutchless manual...that would be sweet.....sounds like it would be good for you if interested.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #50
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^^^That is a SWEET TA!!! I keep passing by one in one of the areas I work...same blue and white. I only wish they'd want to sell it. I could garage it for a later day and time to build back up.

Closed Thread