Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2008, 05:03 AM   #57
WILHELM
 
WILHELM's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cali,Usa
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprhead5 View Post
I love what you did with the side scoops.

it's funny how someone can post a mustang pic on a camaro forum and we are all like thats neat but we still like camaros more. But if you posted a camaro pic on a mustang site they would hack your forum profile, find your house, and show up on your doorstep to scald you with burning oil.
I can tell you that you are wrong. I am an active poster on
many different Mustang forums and am the moderator of one
and I can tell you that I have posted up pictures of the new
Camaro various times so have other users and I can tell you that
they like it and don't have a problem with it. If you go in there with a
good attitude you will be treated nicely if you go in there thinking you
are better it will not be tolerated.
__________________
LIVE AND DIE WITH HONOUR.
WILHELM is offline  
Old 06-13-2008, 05:49 AM   #58
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,257
Which is how it should be. It's done here with mustang owners (normally)
__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is offline  
Old 06-13-2008, 09:11 AM   #59
Congoman775

 
Congoman775's Avatar
 
Drives: Muscle
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,315
you know.. i dont think to much of mustangs outside the 66-70 range. and i do happen to like the 05- present mustangs. even though we've seen so many we could probaly never see one again and be just fine.

and as for old camaros... i would take a 69' camaro SS over any kind of mustang from any year. Doesnt get any better than that.

Even though one day i WILL own a 1969 302 BOSS mustang
Congoman775 is offline  
Old 06-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #60
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout
 
Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 593
the only mustang id ever own is Elenore and only cause it was a movie car.
Bumble Bee '77 is offline  
Old 06-13-2008, 05:34 PM   #61
WILHELM
 
WILHELM's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cali,Usa
Posts: 51
Wow no love for Mustangs. Its sad there is love for Camaro's on Mustang forums. I like the 1965-1968 Mustangs a lot. After that I like the 1999-2009 Mustangs.
__________________
LIVE AND DIE WITH HONOUR.
WILHELM is offline  
Old 06-13-2008, 05:57 PM   #62
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows
 
nUcLeArEnVoY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 3,435
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
You wanna see hate for the poor Mustang, go to LS1Tech. They're hardcore over there.

There are a lot of spy photos of the 2010 'Stang refresh, unfortunately the entire car is bagged even moreso than the Camaro was in its "self-doubt" days. The headlights on it are more 1970'ish inspired and the tail lights... eh... I dunno what to make of them. Kinda ugly.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline  
Old 06-13-2008, 06:10 PM   #63
WILHELM
 
WILHELM's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cali,Usa
Posts: 51
I don't know about the head lights either. I like the current Mustang body style.
I guess I will know weather I like the new look or not when Ford officially reveals the face lifted Mustang.
__________________
LIVE AND DIE WITH HONOUR.
WILHELM is offline  
Old 06-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #64
Tomash
 
Tomash's Avatar
 
Drives: (black 2SS Camaro), Suzuki SX4
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILHELM View Post
Wow no love for Mustangs. Its sad there is love for Camaro's on Mustang forums. I like the 1965-1968 Mustangs a lot. After that I like the 1999-2009 Mustangs.
Hey, Mustang is pretty cool. It's just some innocent joking and competition - partly of jelaousy, because Ford guys got their toy first
Tomash is offline  
Old 06-13-2008, 11:36 PM   #65
WILHELM
 
WILHELM's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cali,Usa
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomash View Post
Hey, Mustang is pretty cool. It's just some innocent joking and competition - partly of jelaousy, because Ford guys got their toy first
Well hopefully the wait for our Camaro will be worth it.
__________________
LIVE AND DIE WITH HONOUR.
WILHELM is offline  
Old 06-14-2008, 08:51 AM   #66
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,746
This must be the right place to ask this:

Does anyone out there have a feeling for what the Mustang crowd is saying about all the new Camaro news and rumors floating about? I don't frequent any mustang forums but if anyone does, what are they saying?

I mean, are they sticking their heads in the sand and ignoring the Camaro hoping it's going to go away, or are they lamenting the fact that it puts them to shame, or are they in denial saying that the Camaro is too good to be true, or are they bagging on the Camaro for feeble reasons?

It would be very interesting to see if they are scared and how they are reacting.
Captain Awesome is offline  
Old 06-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #67
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 27,580
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Or are they impressed? Animosity isn't the ONLY possible reaction to the car.

(Of course, I don't visit any of those forums either, so......)
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline  
Old 06-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #68
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows
 
nUcLeArEnVoY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 3,435
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
This must be the right place to ask this:

Does anyone out there have a feeling for what the Mustang crowd is saying about all the new Camaro news and rumors floating about? I don't frequent any mustang forums but if anyone does, what are they saying?

I mean, are they sticking their heads in the sand and ignoring the Camaro hoping it's going to go away, or are they lamenting the fact that it puts them to shame, or are they in denial saying that the Camaro is too good to be true, or are they bagging on the Camaro for feeble reasons?

It would be very interesting to see if they are scared and how they are reacting.
Some of the more honest, dignified members are probably impressed by the car... maybe relishing and appreciating the fact that Chevy has heeded the call and is adding another testament to this modern-day muscle car mania. Otherwise, most of them are poking fun at it, similar to how we do to Mustangs. It's all in good rivalry. We should be thankful for the Mustang. If it isn't as powerful and influential as it is, we wouldn't be comparing Camaros to it because there'd BE no comparison... but there is one. Or else, we'd be treating Mustangs like Civics. Camaros and Mustangs are both Pony Cars with V8 engines and both of them are always finding ways to outsmart eachother. Just the way of the world.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline  
Old 06-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #69
WILHELM
 
WILHELM's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cali,Usa
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
This must be the right place to ask this:

Does anyone out there have a feeling for what the Mustang crowd is saying about all the new Camaro news and rumors floating about? I don't frequent any mustang forums but if anyone does, what are they saying?

I mean, are they sticking their heads in the sand and ignoring the Camaro hoping it's going to go away, or are they lamenting the fact that it puts them to shame, or are they in denial saying that the Camaro is too good to be true, or are they bagging on the Camaro for feeble reasons?

It would be very interesting to see if they are scared and how they are reacting.
I can answer that question for you. Many think the Camaro will pass away again after a five year period probably because of gas prices and weak sales.
Others have doubts that it will even make it into production and if so they think it will be to late because if should have been relased last year with Transformers. Others think that it will be heavy and there will not be many on the road. I have seen many though with their S197's just saying "Bring It". Another thing is the Challenger is almost here so the Mustang has other things to think about. The SRT-8's for 2008 is already sold out and its going around that the full 2009 lineup is taking orders with the V-6 making 250HP and the R/T 5.7L HEMI making 370HP.
__________________
LIVE AND DIE WITH HONOUR.
WILHELM is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 07:01 AM   #70
michele.lee
 
michele.lee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro and 1992 Blazer
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fort Mill SC
Posts: 24
squish a stang

My neighbor has a new mustang gt and he loves to come home late at nite and rev his engine - i can't wait to pull the same - but early in the morning in my 2010!!

maybe i'll convert him when he gets tired of only seeing my tailights!
michele.lee is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mustangs mike25 Off-topic Discussions 15 11-01-2009 11:20 AM
Mustangs................(if you like mustangs this thread is not the place for you) 1320junkie Off-topic Discussions 246 09-06-2009 12:27 AM
Shouldn't we be comparing this to the new Mustangs? StoutFiles 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 176 07-23-2009 04:26 PM
Who says Mustangs are for little girls? DGthe3 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 46 04-22-2009 05:10 PM
The Bullitt and The Boss: Two more new Ford Mustangs for 2007 KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 9 12-13-2006 08:14 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.