Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 12:17 PM   #851
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
So you are claiming that there are not opinions about how badass it's going to be? Hell the whole 400 HP number I didn't pull out of my ass, the OPINIONS of the fanboys did.

So I feel I'm perfectly in the green by countering fake numbers with my own.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #852
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
So you are claiming that there are not opinions about how badass it's going to be? Hell the whole 400 HP number I didn't pull out of my ass, the OPINIONS of the fanboys did.

So I feel I'm perfectly in the green by countering fake numbers with my own.
but you didnt state anything about numbers u basically told all of us how horrible the engine would be. where did you get all that from
Old 05-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #853
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
This is getting old. Running around in circles with off topic banter is better suited for PM's

Get back to the exact topic, or move on, Or I'll close it.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #854
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesh View Post
Yep that was my guess as well. About 150 in total bringing the Mustang to a little over 3700lbs. I dont think Ford will wait. No point in waiting it out, just go ahead and add the stuff and dont have to worry about it later. Also agree with you about the 360hp area. I was thinking more along the lines of about 375 or so and have been saying this for awhile. If they keep the weight under the Camaro and Challenger there is really no need for them to equal the hp of either. Just get close and they are still right in there with both in all aspects. As Fords modus operandi, not the most hp but still damn competitive and if you want more they will have a truck load of mods waiting to be applied.

dude. top brass said 400, it will be 400. they are not idiots
Old 05-20-2009, 01:38 PM   #855
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
and another mustang thread down the drain......... why must you all drop into child like arguing and ruin it for people who want to have a mature conversation about mustangs....
Old 05-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #856
comiskeybum
Banned

i think the thread is dead anyway. fact is 5.0 is back.......we know all 3 cars will basically be equal now. not much else to say really.......
Old 05-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #857
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
I would tend to agree threads like this should be closed (or better moderated, however you look at it) if they just turn into bickering among the ranks.

If Mustang guys want to talk about the Mustang, there are other Forums for that. On the other hand if Camaro guys want to make a thread about the competition to stay up-to-date, the rest of the community should have the maturity to see that and not dilute the thread with mindless insults.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #858
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2010 Camaro & 2008 Corvette
I like 'em all, well not so much the challenger because IMO the interior looks like crap. I think the Mustang is a very nice looking car and my only problem was the low HP. If Ford can deliver 400hp they have a winner. OK, I've given my opinion, the argument has been settled and the thread can now be closed.

Ordered 11-04-08, NFHCTC
Old 05-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #859
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
I withdraw.

/whiteflag
Old 05-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #860
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
This is definitely going to narrow the current gap..
Definitely...Assuming the price doesn't jump as a result, this will force me to look a lot closer at the Mustang in a couple years when I'm about to buy....damn.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #861
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Definitely...Assuming the price doesn't jump as a result, this will force me to look a lot closer at the Mustang in a couple years when I'm about to buy....damn.
Seeing as there is a .2 second difference in 60 times between the cars RIGHT NOW, id be suprised if there was still a gap after gaining 75hp/65lbft

I am somewhat skeptical that Chevy will respond with greater performance given the current economic state, but I cant imagine the 5.0L having the same aftermarket capabilities as the LS3.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:13 PM   #862
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Seeing as there is a .2 second difference in 60 times between the cars RIGHT NOW, id be suprised if there was still a gap after gaining 75hp/65lbft
Yeah -- but you have to get the "trackpack" which comes with gears and tires etc needed to get so fast right now. That's what I meant by price increase, really -- I'd like to know how they start packaging things in the 2011 model...then you have to consider additional weight the Mustang will undoubtedly gain to deal with the power...plus the potential offering of a steeper axle ratio from Chevy...there are so many variables to consider...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
I am somewhat skeptical that Chevy will respond with greater performance given the current economic state, but I cant imagine the 5.0L having the same aftermarket capabilities as the LS3.
Chevy can improve many things about the Camaro -- economic status be damned. If the car sells, they aren't going to leave it stagnant. Especially if they intent to compete with the foreign offerings in the sports coupe segment.

As for the aftermarket for the 5.0....it will be zero at the beginning, but it'll catch up. It's a Mustang for goodness sakes.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #863
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Yeah -- but you have to get the "trackpack" which comes with gears and tires etc needed to get so fast right now. That's what I meant by price increase, really -- I'd like to know how they start packaging things in the 2011 model...then you have to consider additional weight the Mustang will undoubtedly gain to deal with the power...plus the potential offering of a steeper axle ratio from Chevy...there are so many variables to consider...

Chevy can improve many things about the Camaro -- economic status be damned. If the car sells, they aren't going to leave it stagnant. Especially if they intent to compete with the foreign offerings in the sports coupe segment.

As for the aftermarket for the 5.0....it will be zero at the beginning, but it'll catch up. It's a Mustang for goodness sakes.
And the additional weight of meeting the 2012 crash test standards (which the Camaro already does). That will add a few pounds as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
Old 05-20-2009, 10:26 PM   #864
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:

The 'track pack' will even out the pricing for sure. After its all said and done I think the Mustang will have a slight weight adv. (I dont believe it needs more than 100lbs of added weight, which will leave roughly a 200lb adv.) with the Camaro retaining a power advantage, and both will sell for around the same $$. The Base GT will be less than the Base 1SS, but they will be similar when comfortably equipped.

I dont think GM (as easy as it might be) will update any performance aspects of the camaro until a possible mid-generation refresh, certainly not any time soon. After all, they would retain the superior 426hp, which would be a main selling point in their advertising, and they really wouldnt be ''loosing'' they just wouldnt be ''winning''. Nothing wrong with having equal performance. Especially when having a performance division somehow creates bad press. Thanks Obama.

As for the 5.0L aftermarket... no doubt it will come but I dont think it will be as easily upgradable as the LS3. Just a hunch.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #865
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
i think the track pack tires are the same they put on the SS, just 19s instead of 20s
Old 05-20-2009, 11:05 PM   #866
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
i think the track pack tires are the same they put on the SS, just 19s instead of 20s

This is correct
Old 05-21-2009, 12:09 AM   #867
comiskeybum
Banned

guys this really makes no difference. if there is a person who IS NOT LOYAL to either brand trying to buy a muscle car the bottom line is that they will see similar numbers on both. one wont be bette rthan the other. they will simply choose the car they think looks cooler, feels cooler, and sounds cooler.

99% of people done look at gearing, cornering, or even 1/4 times for that matter. they simply look at horsepower and price.......then they look at looks and personal feel.

that is all that matter to 99% of people.

so my point is........both cars will sell because they will be equal in most peoples eyes. it will be up to driving skill and aftermarket mods to decide pure race winners.

so arguing about who is better production wise after the 5.0 comes out is needless and stupid. you will buy whatever car you think is coolest. the end.......please close this thread

Closed Thread