Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #841
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
The only problem with announcing it so early means the Challenger and Camaro know what they've got to beat.

As always we should be cautiously optimistic. We know what auto makers say and what they actually do are sometimes at odds. I'm hoping they can keep the weight down and the power up though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
this is true.

however.......do you relaly believe either company is in good enough financial position to spend money on changing their engines? i dont.

all Ford has done has pretty much matched them. it would be stupid of them to spend money just to out do them for a few years.

no its up to the super chargers and other things for the individual to make their car more powerful now

Chrysler are replacing their whole V6 line up with their FI and DI Phoenix engines and with the 4 bangers coming from Fiat .... things look promising, and if Dodge sticks the 6.4 in the Challenger and no price increase ... The challenger will be the cheapist muscle car with 500 HP

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Old 05-20-2009, 08:49 AM   #842
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I go super fast over all roads. I can haz speedz mofo. My type R sticker make it impossible to slow down.

LOL, but seriously.... it doesn't take 100 MPH speeds to notice a difference. Are you really trying to say IRS doesn't provide superior ride quality? Don't go there.

Example:
Over uneven/rough surfaces covered with pot holes only the wheels that hit the pot holes absorb the shock. A live axle would transfer the shockwave of the bump through the entire car.

But continue drinking the proverbial koolaid you like to speak of so often.

i know it's a better ride quality but the way people talk about SRA around here they make it sound as if you ran over an acorn on the road your car will spind out and roll over into a death roll.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:57 AM   #843
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I go super fast over all roads. I can haz speedz mofo. My type R sticker make it impossible to slow down.

LOL, but seriously.... it doesn't take 100 MPH speeds to notice a difference. Are you really trying to say IRS doesn't provide superior ride quality? Don't go there.

Example:
Over uneven/rough surfaces covered with pot holes only the wheels that hit the pot holes absorb the shock. A live axle would transfer the shockwave of the bump through the entire car.

But continue drinking the proverbial koolaid you like to speak of so often.

Sounds like you have an uneducated opinion on the topic. Thanks for that.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #844
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
I'm thinking the tranny, engine and brakes will gain < 50 lbs. The added safety will probably tack on another 100 lbs, but that's still a couple years away.
Yep that was my guess as well. About 150 in total bringing the Mustang to a little over 3700lbs. I dont think Ford will wait. No point in waiting it out, just go ahead and add the stuff and dont have to worry about it later. Also agree with you about the 360hp area. I was thinking more along the lines of about 375 or so and have been saying this for awhile. If they keep the weight under the Camaro and Challenger there is really no need for them to equal the hp of either. Just get close and they are still right in there with both in all aspects. As Fords modus operandi, not the most hp but still damn competitive and if you want more they will have a truck load of mods waiting to be applied.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:11 AM   #845
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 2SS MT 45th AE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
i know it's a better ride quality but the way people talk about SRA around here they make it sound as if you ran over an acorn on the road your car will spind out and roll over into a death roll.
Not at all. I was never implying that. On a smooth track, I think Ford made a decent cost/weight tradeoff decision w/the SRA. I can see the rational on both sides.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:16 AM   #846
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 2SS MT 45th AE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestack View Post
Sounds like you have an uneducated opinion on the topic. Thanks for that.
Educate me.

I'm happy to listen to both sides unless you just want to give me your opinion since you happen to own a car with IRS and one with SRA. Keep in mind, I have actually driven both as well and i've got an opinion on which I like better for my personal situation. Doesn't make it all inclusive for everyone in the world and neither does your experience.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #847
RobH

Drives: 2010 IBM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Based on my old 2001 S281, that description's not far from the truth. It gripped like a beast, but a good bump would unsettle it badly. I think that is the point being made.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #848
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Merf your full of opinions and thats about it.
So my opinions about what the engine WON'T be are less qualified than the opinions of what it will?

You have just as much proof about how ungodly the engine will be as I do arguing the fact, so how does your opinion hold more value, exactly?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:15 AM   #849
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Again. How can you form a opinion..negative or positive about something that we have just seen a picture of ? Yes you can speculate all day long. Until there are concrete data and facts out.....all you have is......wild guesses and speculations.

Then of course you get to see the whole it will fail blah blah blah..and other side of the camp. I will not make a judgment on nothing that I do not have solid info on.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:15 AM   #850
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
So my opinions about what the engine WON'T be are less qualified than the opinions of what it will?

You have just as much proof about how ungodly the engine will be as I do arguing the fact, so how does your opinion hold more value, exactly?
i didnt say anything about the engine being ungodly at all, are you sure you are looking at my posts? im saying you cannot say WHAT IT IS thats strictly your opinion. your bashing the engine we know not much about besides it's 400hp. it doesnt even exist in a mustang yet and you say that we are all going to be dissapointed and that the engine is performing at its peak already and so on... what qualified you to make those statements?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:17 AM   #851
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
So you are claiming that there are not opinions about how badass it's going to be? Hell the whole 400 HP number I didn't pull out of my ass, the OPINIONS of the fanboys did.

So I feel I'm perfectly in the green by countering fake numbers with my own.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #852
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
So you are claiming that there are not opinions about how badass it's going to be? Hell the whole 400 HP number I didn't pull out of my ass, the OPINIONS of the fanboys did.

So I feel I'm perfectly in the green by countering fake numbers with my own.
but you didnt state anything about numbers u basically told all of us how horrible the engine would be. where did you get all that from
Old 05-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #853
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
This is getting old. Running around in circles with off topic banter is better suited for PM's

Get back to the exact topic, or move on, Or I'll close it.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #854
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesh View Post
Yep that was my guess as well. About 150 in total bringing the Mustang to a little over 3700lbs. I dont think Ford will wait. No point in waiting it out, just go ahead and add the stuff and dont have to worry about it later. Also agree with you about the 360hp area. I was thinking more along the lines of about 375 or so and have been saying this for awhile. If they keep the weight under the Camaro and Challenger there is really no need for them to equal the hp of either. Just get close and they are still right in there with both in all aspects. As Fords modus operandi, not the most hp but still damn competitive and if you want more they will have a truck load of mods waiting to be applied.

dude. top brass said 400, it will be 400. they are not idiots

Closed Thread