Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2008, 11:20 PM   #120
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine1wing View Post
well from what I"m already reading the 2010 mustangs will have more hp then the camaro. You'll have the twin turbo for the v6, and you'll have I believe the 5.7 for the v8. Waiting this long to come out might have hurt them cause the others know what they need more of. I can't wait to be at the track having all 3 muscle cars there racing, it'll be lots of fun.
Even if the new Mustang has more Horse Power, I find it hard to believe they can change the look so drastically of the Mustang that would make it a better looking car than the Camaro is today...
Supermans is offline  
Old 07-27-2008, 12:07 AM   #121
garagelogic
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,687
Hey, here's an idea, let's wait until both cars are on the street together and then compare them. I have to agree, who knows what's in store for the Mustang GT in the next 2 years both powertrain and styling. I know you have to compare the new Camaro with something, but let's remember the styling on the Mustang is already 3 years old (older, if you count the design time before it was introduced).

As for the power level, when you can sell hundreds of thousands of 300HP Mustangs a year with that setup, and you're the only ponycar in town, why invest the time and money to try and make it more powerful? Now that the Camaro SS is on the horizon, I would put money that Ford will add a little more pop to the Mustang GT in order to compete in sales. I do not, however, think Ford will match or beat the Camaro SS power at any point with the GT.

As for styling, Ford need to put some serious energy into a redesign if they want to compete head-to-head with the Camaro in that area, IMHO. The new Camaro is pretty darn nice in that department.
garagelogic is offline  
Old 07-27-2008, 01:51 AM   #122
LS9CamaroSS
 
LS9CamaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Cavalier RS
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Jordan, NY
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine1wing View Post
well from what I"m already reading the 2010 mustangs will have more hp then the camaro. You'll have the twin turbo for the v6, and you'll have I believe the 5.7 for the v8. Waiting this long to come out might have hurt them cause the others know what they need more of. I can't wait to be at the track having all 3 muscle cars there racing, it'll be lots of fun.
the 5.0 was the rumored engine i thought for the mack daddy Mustang... I still think the Camaro is going to be beating it on the street and the showroom like it did in the mid 70's... ahh the golden years...
LS9CamaroSS is offline  
Old 07-27-2008, 02:53 AM   #123
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Even if the new Mustang has more Horse Power, I find it hard to believe they can change the look so drastically of the Mustang that would make it a better looking car than the Camaro is today...
Heck...making it look better than it is right now will be a chore in itself! I don't think Ford has it in them to BEAT the design they have now. The current Mustang style is ....here it comes......pretty damn cool. I like it.











But that doesn't mean that I'd buy it.
TAG UR IT is offline  
Old 07-27-2008, 06:25 AM   #124
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Heck...making it look better than it is right now will be a chore in itself! I don't think Ford has it in them to BEAT the design they have now. The current Mustang style is ....here it comes......pretty damn cool. I like it.

But that doesn't mean that I'd buy it.
I like it too.. However I like the GT500 look better than the regular GT because..tada.. It resembles their concept 2005 mustang almost exactly.. I was very close to buying one of the GT500's a few years ago and could have gotten it at msrp. That is until I saw the Camaro concept and a probable GTO type engine in it for under $30,000 grand.. Then spending close to $50,000 on the GT500 didn't look like a good idea anymore.. I do agree, it will be hard for Ford to make the 2010 or 2011 Mustang look better than the GT500 looks now. The standard GT, I thnk can be improved upon in the front fascia.. So if the 2010-2011 Mustang looks more like the GT500 front, then I think it will be a bigger hit than before and more competition for GM and Dodge.. If they make the front more rounded as some mags claim, then they will be doomed from the start since the aggressive looks are what is making it sell.. TAG UR IT, I'm curious.. which do you like better? The Challenger looks or the GT500's?
Supermans is offline  
Old 07-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #125
garagelogic
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS View Post
hmm i think mine will beat yours... with that car being your TOP Mustang from the Ford factory you're gonna be a hurtin' puppy come February...
Actually, the GT500 is produced at a Ford factory, so that makes it tops from a Ford production facility.
garagelogic is offline  
Old 07-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #126
LS9CamaroSS
 
LS9CamaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Cavalier RS
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Jordan, NY
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Actually, the GT500 is produced at a Ford factory, so that makes it tops from a Ford production facility.
Then why is the top one you can build on Ford.com the GT convertible?
LS9CamaroSS is offline  
Old 07-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #127
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,623
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS View Post
Then why is the top one you can build on Ford.com the GT convertible?
I went to test drive a Mustang just to get a feel for the RWD pony car. Ford advertises the GT500 as one of their cars. Even the website shows a GT500 as though it is one of theirs.
The_Blur is offline  
Old 07-27-2008, 03:29 PM   #128
garagelogic
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,687
It is one of theirs. The car never sees Shelby's Las Vegas facility. They are built on the same assembly line, AutoAlliance International (Flat Rock,Michigan) with all the other Mustangs.

The reason you cannot order one from their website is because they are limited production, and only a dealer with a build allocation can order one. You can walk into you local Ford dealer today and order one however you like, as long as that dealer still has an allocation available.

Last edited by garagelogic; 07-28-2008 at 06:23 PM.
garagelogic is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 03:16 AM   #129
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
TAG UR IT, I'm curious.. which do you like better? The Challenger looks or the GT500's?
That's a toughie. Hmm....because I had given this a lot of thought before. But, it's really difficult for me to decide. I'd have to put them side by side for a comparison. ....mmm....you know? Each vehicle has it's good/bad things. I just don't know.

If I was forced to choose. I'd take the GT500. But, the concept Challenger could possibly change that choice.

Dang....really undecided here.
TAG UR IT is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #130
marticus24
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
It is one of theirs. The car never sees Shelby's Las Vegas facility. They are built on the same assmbly line, AutoAlliance International (Flat Rock,Michigan) with all the other Mustangs.
This is true. My future mother-in-law works on the line that builds them.
marticus24 is offline  
Old 08-19-2008, 03:12 PM   #131
porcupinekiller
 
porcupinekiller's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GT500
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posts: 662
First off I gotta say the new Camaro looks awesome and I can hardly wait to see one in person(my brother-in-law has already put down a deposit at a local GM dealer)!! But secondly I have to say some of you guys are in for a rude awakening if you think that you're going to hit the streets with a brand new 2010 Camaro and wipe out the competition at the track and in street skirmishes. It's going to take time to get some fast 2010 Camaro's on the streets. There are quite a few 11 sec 1/4 mile daily driver Mustang GT's running around (mine included)that are itching to show a new Camaro some tail lights. The 2005+ Mustangs have a huge head start and massive amounts of performance parts available at reasonable prices due to the high production volume of the cars and it's going to take some time for the 2010 Camaro to catch up and it will cost more to due so.
Also if it was not for the success of the 2005+ Mustang the Camaro would not have been resurrected from the grave for 2010.
I'm glad to see the current revival of the new muscle car (Camaro, Mustang and Challenger) as it was getting rather boring with just the Mustang out there (sorry Mopar guys but a 4 door Charger isn't a muscle car in my books even if it does have a HEMI lol). The only downside is that the new breed of muscle cars are so darn heavy!! I thought my Mustang was heavy at 3500+ lbs but the Camaro SS at 3850 lbs+ and the new Challenger at 4100 lbs+ are even worse. It would be nice if they could trim fat and get these babies down under 3300 lbs.
Heck if I could afford it I would have a 2010 Camaro SS,a C6 Z06 (still my current favorite car)and a SRT-8 Challenger sitting in my garage next to my Mustang. Long live American muscle cars!!!!!!!
I'm sure you guys are going to love your 2010 Camaro's once you finally get your hands on them.

Last edited by porcupinekiller; 08-19-2008 at 03:23 PM.
porcupinekiller is offline  
Old 08-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #132
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 WS6
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,435
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
First off I gotta say the new Camaro looks awesome and I can hardly wait to see one in person(my brother-in-law has already put down a deposit at a local GM dealer)!! But secondly I have to say some of you guys are in for a rude awakening if you think that you're going to hit the streets with a brand new 2010 Camaro and wipe out the competition at the track and in street skirmishes. It's going to take time to get some fast 2010 Camaro's on the streets. There are quite a few 11 sec 1/4 mile daily driver Mustang GT's running around (mine included)that are itching to show a new Camaro some tail lights. The 2005+ Mustangs have a huge head start and massive amounts of performance parts available at reasonable prices due to the high production volume of the cars and it's going to take some time for the 2010 Camaro to catch up and it will cost more to due so.
Also if it was not for the success of the 2005+ Mustang the Camaro would not have been resurrected from the grave for 2010.
I'm glad to see the current revival of the new muscle car (Camaro, Mustang and Challenger) as it was getting rather boring with just the Mustang out there (sorry Mopar guys but a 4 door Charger isn't a muscle car in my books even if it does have a HEMI lol). The only downside is that the new breed of muscle cars are so darn heavy!! I thought my Mustang was heavy at 3500+ lbs but the Camaro SS at 3850 lbs+ and the new Challenger at 4100 lbs+ are even worse. It would be nice if they could trim fat and get these babies down under 3300 lbs.
Heck if I could afford it I would have a 2010 Camaro SS,a C6 Z06 (still my current favorite car)and a SRT-8 Challenger sitting in my garage next to my Mustang. Long live American muscle cars!!!!!!!
I'm sure you guys are going to love your 2010 Camaro's once you finally get your hands on them.
give me a camaro and and a cam, tune, heads and ill kill mustangs with it
shank0668 is offline  
Old 08-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #133
porcupinekiller
 
porcupinekiller's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GT500
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
give me a camaro and and a cam, tune, heads and ill kill mustangs with it
Some you will but not all.
My brother-in-laws 1996 Z28 with heads, headers, cam, 4.10,s and a Procharger gave me a pretty good run until one of his head gaskets let go.

Last edited by porcupinekiller; 08-19-2008 at 04:14 PM.
porcupinekiller is offline  
Old 08-19-2008, 04:21 PM   #134
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown
 
Sizzox's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Vette
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salem, Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
First off I gotta say the new Camaro looks awesome and I can hardly wait to see one in person(my brother-in-law has already put down a deposit at a local GM dealer)!! But secondly I have to say some of you guys are in for a rude awakening if you think that you're going to hit the streets with a brand new 2010 Camaro and wipe out the competition at the track and in street skirmishes. It's going to take time to get some fast 2010 Camaro's on the streets. There are quite a few 11 sec 1/4 mile daily driver Mustang GT's running around (mine included)that are itching to show a new Camaro some tail lights. The 2005+ Mustangs have a huge head start and massive amounts of performance parts available at reasonable prices due to the high production volume of the cars and it's going to take some time for the 2010 Camaro to catch up and it will cost more to due so.
Also if it was not for the success of the 2005+ Mustang the Camaro would not have been resurrected from the grave for 2010.
I'm glad to see the current revival of the new muscle car (Camaro, Mustang and Challenger) as it was getting rather boring with just the Mustang out there (sorry Mopar guys but a 4 door Charger isn't a muscle car in my books even if it does have a HEMI lol). The only downside is that the new breed of muscle cars are so darn heavy!! I thought my Mustang was heavy at 3500+ lbs but the Camaro SS at 3850 lbs+ and the new Challenger at 4100 lbs+ are even worse. It would be nice if they could trim fat and get these babies down under 3300 lbs.
Heck if I could afford it I would have a 2010 Camaro SS,a C6 Z06 (still my current favorite car)and a SRT-8 Challenger sitting in my garage next to my Mustang. Long live American muscle cars!!!!!!!
I'm sure you guys are going to love your 2010 Camaro's once you finally get your hands on them.

I hope most ppl on here that think they are going to beat every car at the strip and street is going of a stock to stock basis
Sizzox is offline  
Old 08-19-2008, 04:28 PM   #135
porcupinekiller
 
porcupinekiller's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GT500
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzox View Post
I hope most ppl on here that think they are going to beat every car at the strip and street is going of a stock to stock basis
That being said many are stating that the 2010 Camaro will trounce the Mustang without even knowing what the 2010 Mustang will have for engine options. Bench racing just isn't as much fun a real racing. I think I'll head out and try to find a a new Challenger to lay a beating on.
porcupinekiller is offline  
Old 08-19-2008, 04:46 PM   #136
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown
 
Sizzox's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Vette
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salem, Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
That being said many are stating that the 2010 Camaro will trounce the Mustang without even knowing what the 2010 Mustang will have for engine options. Bench racing just isn't as much fun a real racing. I think I'll head out and try to find a a new Challenger to lay a beating on.

This is also true but i for one am not putting the 2010 mustang in for a factor because we have no real info about it yet. There is no doubt the mustang is gonna get more power it better otherwise the muscle car wars arnt gonna be as fun if you just blow their doors off we need actualy competition and i like the look of the current stangs never liked any other ones yet and i hope the 2010 looks just as good
Sizzox is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mustangs mike25 Off-topic Discussions 15 11-01-2009 12:20 PM
Mustangs................(if you like mustangs this thread is not the place for you) 1320junkie Off-topic Discussions 246 09-06-2009 01:27 AM
Shouldn't we be comparing this to the new Mustangs? StoutFiles 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 176 07-23-2009 05:26 PM
Who says Mustangs are for little girls? DGthe3 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 46 04-22-2009 06:10 PM
The Bullitt and The Boss: Two more new Ford Mustangs for 2007 KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 9 12-13-2006 09:14 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.