Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2008, 02:05 PM   #126
MAROobsession
 
MAROobsession's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Honda Accord V6
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palm Beach FL
Posts: 87
doesnt the SS come stock with 20''s???
__________________
Dodge builds challengers, Chevy builds champions
MAROobsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:08 PM   #127
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro
 
RB43TD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 541
Got the email too this monring. I completed the survery completely and there was no link to any Camaro related. I then went back and did the survey again but this time only completed question 1 and then hit the Recommendations button. That's when it brought up the link to the Camaro Survey.
__________________
When I was a young boy, I was certain that the world was good or bad....black or white. As time passed I grew up and learned there was only grey.
RB43TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:32 PM   #128
Sarge54
 
Sarge54's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 Pontiac GTO
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9
Got the email last night, did it this morning. NIce!
Sarge54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:11 PM   #129
Vash


 
Drives: 00 Blazer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,128
Charging for the rim rider? (thin spare). If the wheel pattern is same as 4th gen i'll get one from salvage and toss it in the trunk. (ok so I am tight wad.. and broke).
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:18 PM   #130
dayvedayve
 
Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gulf Coast of Texas
Posts: 388
I Believe the Camaro has a tire inflation system standard so you really would not need a spare.
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:38 PM   #131
Vash


 
Drives: 00 Blazer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,128
Monitor system is for psi, which is great but won't fix a blow out. I live out in the sticks and sometimes am up to 100 miles away from closest tire shop or tow truck. No big deal it's not that expensive and that might be for SS. Will have to look at the sales brochure again.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:44 PM   #132
dayvedayve
 
Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gulf Coast of Texas
Posts: 388
The spare tire is not an available option for the SS. The inflator is your only hope besides Onstar
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:07 PM   #133
EllwynX


 
EllwynX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvedayve View Post
The spare tire is not an available option for the SS. The inflator is your only hope besides Onstar
That brings up a question...

If I have a flat (and don't have the inflator or it's not enough to help) will I be charged anything if I contact OnStar and they send a tow truck or something?
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:14 PM   #134
fastball
White 'n Nerdy
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
That brings up a question...

If I have a flat (and don't have the inflator or it's not enough to help) will I be charged anything if I contact OnStar and they send a tow truck or something?
I remember Oldsmobile offered complimentary 24 hour road side assistance in the late 1980's included with the duration of the factory 3/36 warranty.... I remember the sticker on my Mom's 1988 Delta 88 on the window with the 800 number and the Oldsmobile Edge.

I think Cadillac may do that today, but I'm not sure about any of GM's other divisions.

The OnStar call will be free within the first year you own the car, and thereafter you may be on your own for the OnStar call (if you don't pick up the subscription), the tow, and the tire repair/replacement
__________________
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:12 AM   #135
Vash


 
Drives: 00 Blazer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvedayve View Post
I Believe the Camaro has a tire inflation system standard so you really would not need a spare.
So is that an actual 12v airpump with hose?
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:55 AM   #136
CWI
Helping Build America
 
CWI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nationwide
Posts: 3,762
I'm guessing it will be something like "fix-a-flat" in a can.
__________________
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!"
CWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #137
headpunter
Not That sad..considering
 
headpunter's Avatar
 
Drives: Man
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: the part of washington the capital forgot about.
Posts: 3,784
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
it is a mix of fix a flat and a compressor. and it fits into the spare tire well.
__________________
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:22 PM   #138
speedbroker
Custom Instigator
 
speedbroker's Avatar
 
Drives: Acura TSX
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 68
Done. I hope they add more customized accessory packages and ask more about vert preferences in the future..
speedbroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:39 PM   #139
logan1080
 
logan1080's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 693
Everyone DO this.

DO this survey (http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/insi...y/?id=cid00021) and then do the survey on what you would prefer on the camaro. and say supercharger in the comments section!!!!
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #140
TRIXXTERR
 
TRIXXTERR's Avatar
 
Drives: 96 Z28
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 612
REPOST..
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ghlight=survey
__________________
"...50 years from now, when you're looking back on your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by FbodFather
In light of the recent comments concerning Camaro, and the increased excitement as it finally comes to market, please take a moment and read the following closely;

Remember- "It ain't ready 'til it's ready!" Just because we show it to you early, doesn’t mean it’s ready.
TRIXXTERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:08 PM   #141
Vash


 
Drives: 00 Blazer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,128
To keep production costs down they need to keep it simple. At least for now.

It's gonna be one heck of a busy production line and custom orders are not a good idea if you want to make like X number of X on a given day.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:16 PM   #142
baileyrx
 
baileyrx's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 g35
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: nc
Posts: 205
i just got the same email today too...
baileyrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:17 PM   #143
Vash


 
Drives: 00 Blazer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,128
I put they should make one with 2.2 4 cyl.....

(lol jk)..
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:57 PM   #144
2010_5thgen


 
2010_5thgen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Acadia Denali
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,274
if you notice what it says, it asks you to leave comments to make the web sight better not the actual camaro. it is wanting to know if there is any hcanges they can make in making the questionaire better. i thought the same thing the first time, that they were talking about making the car better, but, its for the advisor page.
__________________

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #145
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,274
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It let me do this a second time. I posted the following in my comments:

As a Chevrolet car enthusiast, GM should be aware of my gratitude for producing the 2010 Camaro with so much input from car enthusiasts. This car will represent Chevrolet's commitment to car lovers, not just car drivers, and by building such a perfectly designed and planned machine, Chevrolet is sure to gain back some of that market share that has been lost to import companies over previous years.

The following are my concerns and expectations that will make or break the Camaro.

THE BOAT FACTOR—This car weighs 2 tons. GM can make it sound pretty by having it weight just a tad less, but that curb weight is ridiculous. The horsepower is downright impressive, but the weight makes it necessary. Some sort of diet is due for the new Camaro. GM needs to allow aftermarket companies the chance to produce lightweight parts.

COBALT SS—Scoring 8:20 on the Nurburgring was impressive, but I worry that the Cobalt SS's 8:22 is a little close. What can GM do to better the Camaro's time to better establish it as the number 2 car on GM's roster? With times so close, it makes an enthusiast wonder why the new model is infringing on the classic heritage of a Chevy muscle car.

GM PERFORMANCE PARTS—Ford offers supercharger kits for the Mustang, making 400 horsepower easy to match with a lighter car. For the Camaro to stay ahead, GMPP needs to offer the same sorts of products. I expect an exhaust, interior trim kits (not that electric one on the Cobalt), an intake, hockey stick stripes, SS-style stripes, and 2 sets of rims. GM would do well to offer a supercharger kit with supplemental stage kits.

THE LAW—Parts by GMPP should be covered by warranty if installed by a GM dealers. Additionally, parts installed by anyone that do not cause the part in question to break must not be blamed for malfunction. GM must enforce this.

RALLY SPORT—The RS package should not be overlooked. Make sure that plenty are available. This will be among the most commonly ordered options.

ENLIGHTEN ME—The interior should be color-matched to the car, and so should the lighting. Cyber Grey is a possible exception.

GREEN—Rally Green is a classic color. Why is there no green Camaro? That was a terrible decision that made several enthusiasts upset. It doesn't have to be common. it just has to be available. If made available only by order, it would be easy to sell. Stripes and interior packages (inserts, trim) should also be available in green.

THE WAY SHE MOVES—The suspension has a lot to take under all of that weight. GM must make sure that it feels like a sports car. If it feels like a boat, like the Challenger, enthusiasts will be angry and other customers will be unforgiving.

ZL1—A performance Camaro must exist with this name to follow the ZR1. It doesn't have to come out right away. GM should put some time into figuring out this machine.

ETHANOL—Chevrolet should offer a Flex Fuel Camaro. It will sell if it can maintain the same performance numbers. There is a very strong interest in an ethanol-running Camaro.

PROMOTIONS—Bumblebee has converted many people over to Chevrolet for his role in Transformers. Keep up this kind of work in the future. It is definitely paying off for a lot of cars.

Z28—Chevrolet enthusiasts will not forgive GM for failing to release a Z28 in this generation. A Z28 must exist. Ordinary car buyers will live without it, but enthusiasts will turn their backs on Chevrolet for not reviving the Z28 nameplate. It does not have to be available at launch as many enthusiasts have claimed that they will patiently await the Z28's return, but Chevrolet does not have forever. These enthusiasts will go buy something else and Chevrolet will lose many an opportunity to sell a legendary car to very important supporters.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:31 PM   #146
tmane'sLtRs
Rs Member
 
Drives: 2001 Impala
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It let me do this a second time. I posted the following in my comments:

As a Chevrolet car enthusiast, GM should be aware of my gratitude for producing the 2010 Camaro with so much input from car enthusiasts. This car will represent Chevrolet's commitment to car lovers, not just car drivers, and by building such a perfectly designed and planned machine, Chevrolet is sure to gain back some of that market share that has been lost to import companies over previous years.

The following are my concerns and expectations that will make or break the Camaro.

THE BOAT FACTOR—This car weighs 2 tons. GM can make it sound pretty by having it weight just a tad less, but that curb weight is ridiculous. The horsepower is downright impressive, but the weight makes it necessary. Some sort of diet is due for the new Camaro. GM needs to allow aftermarket companies the chance to produce lightweight parts.

COBALT SS—Scoring 8:20 on the Nurburgring was impressive, but I worry that the Cobalt SS's 8:22 is a little close. What can GM do to better the Camaro's time to better establish it as the number 2 car on GM's roster? With times so close, it makes an enthusiast wonder why the new model is infringing on the classic heritage of a Chevy muscle car.

GM PERFORMANCE PARTS—Ford offers supercharger kits for the Mustang, making 400 horsepower easy to match with a lighter car. For the Camaro to stay ahead, GMPP needs to offer the same sorts of products. I expect an exhaust, interior trim kits (not that electric one on the Cobalt), an intake, hockey stick stripes, SS-style stripes, and 2 sets of rims. GM would do well to offer a supercharger kit with supplemental stage kits.

THE LAW—Parts by GMPP should be covered by warranty if installed by a GM dealers. Additionally, parts installed by anyone that do not cause the part in question to break must not be blamed for malfunction. GM must enforce this.

RALLY SPORT—The RS package should not be overlooked. Make sure that plenty are available. This will be among the most commonly ordered options.

ENLIGHTEN ME—The interior should be color-matched to the car, and so should the lighting. Cyber Grey is a possible exception.

GREEN—Rally Green is a classic color. Why is there no green Camaro? That was a terrible decision that made several enthusiasts upset. It doesn't have to be common. it just has to be available. If made available only by order, it would be easy to sell. Stripes and interior packages (inserts, trim) should also be available in green.

THE WAY SHE MOVES—The suspension has a lot to take under all of that weight. GM must make sure that it feels like a sports car. If it feels like a boat, like the Challenger, enthusiasts will be angry and other customers will be unforgiving.

ZL1—A performance Camaro must exist with this name to follow the ZR1. It doesn't have to come out right away. GM should put some time into figuring out this machine.

ETHANOL—Chevrolet should offer a Flex Fuel Camaro. It will sell if it can maintain the same performance numbers. There is a very strong interest in an ethanol-running Camaro.

PROMOTIONS—Bumblebee has converted many people over to Chevrolet for his role in Transformers. Keep up this kind of work in the future. It is definitely paying off for a lot of cars.

Z28—Chevrolet enthusiasts will not forgive GM for failing to release a Z28 in this generation. A Z28 must exist. Ordinary car buyers will live without it, but enthusiasts will turn their backs on Chevrolet for not reviving the Z28 nameplate. It does not have to be available at launch as many enthusiasts have claimed that they will patiently await the Z28's return, but Chevrolet does not have forever. These enthusiasts will go buy something else and Chevrolet will lose many an opportunity to sell a legendary car to very important supporters.
I Know i only have 2 other posts but I have been following this site for about a year now. About the weight thing, well fbodfather has already stated that one of the main reasons is for safety regulations and another is engineering its very hard these days to meet standards on a car like this and keep the weight down.

I do believe aftermarket parts should be made to make it a little lighter and i think people will want more power and in the long run gm will make performance parts and its not fully enforced in law but everyone has said and in my opinion too that parts that break anything would be covered by gm.

RS will be a big fad for this generation so yes they should produce many of these in the long run and if you want rally green you should wait you never know what might happen but for financial reason gm is producing camaros in some of the most popular colors first. The same for the Z28. Ethanol or some type of flexible fuel probably will be offered in later years but right now ethanol isnt that great of a solution.

Great post though i believe in a lot of your concerns
__________________
Keep your coins, I want change!
tmane'sLtRs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #147
Vash


 
Drives: 00 Blazer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,128
They already have a light design. It's called a Corvette. The Camaro should not be built as a cheap Corvette. That would hurt Corvette sales and image.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #148
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,274
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmane'sLtRs View Post
I Know i only have 2 other posts but I have been following this site for about a year now. About the weight thing, well fbodfather has already stated that one of the main reasons is for safety regulations and another is engineering its very hard these days to meet standards on a car like this and keep the weight down.

I do believe aftermarket parts should be made to make it a little lighter and i think people will want more power and in the long run gm will make performance parts and its not fully enforced in law but everyone has said and in my opinion too that parts that break anything would be covered by gm.

RS will be a big fad for this generation so yes they should produce many of these in the long run and if you want rally green you should wait you never know what might happen but for financial reason gm is producing camaros in some of the most popular colors first. The same for the Z28. Ethanol or some type of flexible fuel probably will be offered in later years but right now ethanol isnt that great of a solution.

Great post though i believe in a lot of your concerns
I only wanted to explain our concerns as a community. These are not all my concerns. I think the Camaro is great, but I want everyone to be happy with it, so I included concerns that are not my own.

I'm not so worried about the weight. Everyone has to weigh a little more until scientists discover a lighter way to build modern cars.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:47 PM   #149
Vash


 
Drives: 00 Blazer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,128
Another big thing is the the vette's frame is all alum alloy. The Camaro is galvanized steel. $$$ cost difference.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 08:33 PM
CNN: Camaro: From sketchpad to street - The rebirth of a muscle car ... Gatecrasher 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 49 10-05-2009 04:33 PM
Detroit News panel wants GM to build Camaro concept Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 03-15-2009 05:38 PM
The camaro should come out this year bobbyhhh 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 44 01-18-2007 12:18 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.