Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:40 AM   #1
JHammerle

Drives: 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix
Looking into ordering a Camaro

Hey guys, the name is Justin, im new here. I live over in northren New Jersey and im looking into getting a Camaro LS, I pretty much want this car for its amazing styling of course and its 304hp from that V6. Im replacing my 2008 Grand Prix that is starting to become a money pit.

My question is, im going to be ordering this car black on black, I've never ordered a new car before, and I just want to know what would be the best way to do this. Should I go through directly with a dealership and see if I can get it without shipping fee or through chevy.com? Im trading my GP in also if that makes a differance. Any help would be great. Thanks Guys.
JHammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: EMB 135/140/145+2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHammerle View Post
Im replacing my 2008 Grand Prix that is starting to become a money pit.
How is it becoming a money pit? Worst case it has been on the road 2 1/2 years, and is still under warranty.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
infernoinandout

Drives: 2010 camaross/rs
You have to order through a dealership, chevy.com just gives options and pricing. Layout your car exactly like you want it and find a dealer at msrp, several are on this site. I would also call the dealers in your area and see what they have on the lot. I personnel would order specificly what I wanted and wait, oh wait I did.
You will pay the shipping fee no matter what if its a new car.

Last edited by infernoinandout; 12-27-2009 at 12:04 PM. Reason: shipping
infernoinandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #4
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
You can get one for considerably below MSRP these days. If the dealer won't sell it for at least invoice, go to another dealer.

I got mine for about $650 below INVOICE.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #5
SlasherMcGee

Drives: 2006 Crew Cab Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoinandout View Post
You have to order through a dealership, chevy.com just gives options and pricing. Layout your car exactly like you want it and find a dealer at msrp, several are on this site. I would also call the dealers in your area and see what they have on the lot. I personnel would order specificly what I wanted and wait, oh wait I did.
You will pay the shipping fee no matter what if its a new car.
If a dealer truly expected me to pay msrp or over, I'd walk out and never come back...
Old 12-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #6
JHammerle

Drives: 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix
Ok thanks guys, yeah I plan on doing these same exact things when I go to the dealers. So I will be getting one in the next month or so. I just want to make sure im doing everything right becuase I have bought a new car before let alone order one.

EMB135Driver: My GP was bought used no warrenty on except for the GM cert used warrenty that has expired. Its starting to have issues one after another.
JHammerle is offline   Reply With Quote