Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #3333
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
I could go for some 60 degree weather!
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #3334
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I had a great time in SF. We spent Saturday doing the tourist thing and rented bikes and rode across the Golden Gate Bridge and then rode back on the ferry.

Sunday we went up to Petaluma for the grand opening celebration of a new internet podcasting station (TWiT.tv). I'm a moderator for the chat room for their live programs and the owner (Leo Laporte) was kind enough to invite us to the party. I met a lot of really cool people there.
Small world... was in Novato and Santa Rosa tue & wed. I ALMOST put on a jacket in the morning, great weather.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:30 AM   #3335
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Just dropping in to say hello. How are you enjoying the ride?
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #3336
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
Right now, it's covered and on a battery tender. I'll have it out again after my medical trial is done next week.

I've been reading up on 9" kits, forging the engine and 427 LSX engines. I am still not sure which way to go.

I also have found a new heat exchanger that looks promising...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167541
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #3337
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Right now, it's covered and on a battery tender. I'll have it out again after my medical trial is done next week.

I've been reading up on 9" kits, forging the engine and 427 LSX engines. I am still not sure which way to go.

I also have found a new heat exchanger that looks promising...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167541
I honestly think you're way too early to be looking at the 9" kit. I've run over 700RWHP and never had a problem. Of course I'm not running slicks either. I'm holding out to see if some less expensive options come out.

My LSX is being bored right now, and I'm dropping my car off to ARD this weekend!

I'm interested in getting more information on that heat exchanger as well. I sent a PM to Erik at Torq a couple of days ago, but haven't gotten a response yet.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #3338
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,912
Those intercooler photos look like a radiator, don't see air in/out, must be on the other side.... air/water cooler? That looks like a coolant sized nipple.

[edit] nevermind... I didn't realize the maggie had the cooler underneath the turbines like the LS9... I need to pay more attention in class
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #3339
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
My Savini wheels are still haunting me... the guy who bought them didn't pay for me to ship them (he selected "local pickup"). So, he had them shipped on his own. Guess what happened? There were chips in them due to shipping damage and he blames me. He wants $1000 back and has given me negative feedback. My first ever negative feedback on ebay. Ugh.

Savini sucks.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #3340
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
My Savini wheels are still haunting me... the guy who bought them didn't pay for me to ship them (he selected "local pickup"). So, he had them shipped on his own. Guess what happened? There were chips in them due to shipping damage and he blames me. He wants $1000 back and has given me negative feedback. My first ever negative feedback on ebay. Ugh.

Savini sucks.
You can fight that with eBay. He was supposed to pick those wheels up, and chose instead to ship them. Regardless of Savini's finish problems the wheels weren't like that when they were "locally picked up" by the shipper. If they damaged them in transit then it's the shipping company's problem. You should get with eBay and they'll remove that. I had the same thing happen to me with a computer. It was in great condition, and the guy came back a couple of weeks later and claimed the screen stopped working and it had water damage. I won the dispute with eBay, and the negative feedback was removed.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #3341
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
You can fight that with eBay. He was supposed to pick those wheels up, and chose instead to ship them. Regardless of Savini's finish problems the wheels weren't like that when they were "locally picked up" by the shipper. If they damaged them in transit then it's the shipping company's problem. You should get with eBay and they'll remove that. I had the same thing happen to me with a computer. It was in great condition, and the guy came back a couple of weeks later and claimed the screen stopped working and it had water damage. I won the dispute with eBay, and the negative feedback was removed.
Yeah, I've already filed with ebay to have them remove the feedback. I'll wait and see what they say.

IPS shipped the wheels and Brandon confirmed with me today that the wheels had no blemishes when they packaged them.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #3342
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
These wheels are like a curse.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #3343
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
These wheels are like a curse.
No shit.

__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #3344
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
No shit.


Sorry to hear. Yes, the curse of the Black Pearl Mrs. Jack Sparrow...
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #3345
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Sorry to hear. Yes, the curse of the Black Pearl Mrs. Jack Sparrow...
Savvy?
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #3346
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Aye. Stick to the code
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
4l80e, dss, ips motorsports, pfadt, smaug alert ftw, twin turbo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(5-4-09) Tags 2SS/RS CGM Delivered at Tom Henry! (with police escort!!!) :D TAG UR IT Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 153 08-11-2012 07:30 PM
CGM 2SS/RS Comes Home!! GMan33 USA - Great Lakes 2 04-18-2010 08:57 PM
The sad story of my CGM 2SS/RS... err non RS. Evotion USA - Southwest 15 06-09-2009 01:57 PM
new pics from the Oshawa yard gazers-son Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 168 04-29-2009 10:33 AM
3/26 Constraints CamaroScotty Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 25 03-27-2009 10:03 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.