Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #26
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph View Post
Gran Turismo 4 had 720+ cars. There were no updates available. Polyphony Digital is a kick ass developer. They don't half ass games like a lot of other developers. Be prepared for an amazing launch, that includes 1000+ cars.
It's not about "half-assing" anything. It is about making money and downloadable content is how Sony and Microsoft make much more money off game titles. The game will be polished and complete no doubt, but if 5 Generations of Camaros and Mustangs are not on their initial list, it doesn't detract from the game play. What we want from GT5 is nothing but "options" in the eyes of the game developers and it sounds like they might sublet the designing of "extra" car models to a different company from what I've been reading.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:48 AM   #27
5thGenOwner

Drives: 20TEN SS/RS L99 (SIM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Get Forza 3... Awesome game, all the Camaro you can handle- Generations 1 thru 5!
I may have to do that... in the meantime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Need For Speed Shift has the 2010 Camaro SS in it.....

But its an arcade game masquerading as a sim and the fact the AI is out to murder you at every turn makes it an ultimately frustrating game.

GT5 is gonna kick ass. I have been playing the hell out of prologue. I have a full Logitech wheel and pedal setup on a frame with a racing seat etc, its sick.
That rocks! I like NFS too, it helps get out that aggression! But GT rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
It's not about "half-assing" anything. It is about making money and downloadable content is how Sony and Microsoft make much more money off game titles. The game will be polished and complete no doubt, but if 5 Generations of Camaros and Mustangs are not on their initial list, it doesn't detract from the game play. What we want from GT5 is nothing but "options" in the eyes of the game developers and it sounds like they might sublet the designing of "extra" car models to a different company from what I've been reading.
I'm cool with it either way... as long as I can purchase a 2010 SS, eventually!!

Gran Tourismo has been my overall favorite racing sim since the 1st installment. I have yet to get my PS3, but will certainly have it by the time GT5 hits America. I'm looking forward to a big leap forward from PS2 GT3!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:19 AM   #28
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
We need to make something clear about Gran Turismo 5. It will not feature all of those cars right at initial launch. They will likely be available as add-on packs probably costing anywhere between $4.99 and $9.99 per car model. So be prepared to open up your wallets for what you want when it becomes available. Probably follow a Rock Band-type add-on format every week or something.
But, Sony has not indicated this is the case in any way. GT4 had 700+ cars in it and Sony has promised over 1000 with the game. They have updated Prologue a bunch of times with new models and time trial challenges that were all free.

IMO its likely they will offer free brand new model updates (such as they did with Prologue when they added the GT by Citroen) and possibly they will add car packages (such as like an "American Car Pack" which has every variation of GM Chrysler, and Ford with some wacky ones like Vector and Mosler or something) but I can't see them charging $4.99 per car model. However I do agree it does seem like a LOT of variations on each car (making the car count if every brand is this extensive far far more than 1000), which seems to me that they will only include some of them in the game and if you want to expand you will need to buy an update, I just anticipate the updates to be big ones, not $4.99 per model.

Also as was said already Rock Band charges per new song because of royalty fees that must be paid on the music as well. They are higher than say the $1 you pay for an itunes song probably because they will sell far less copies of the song than itunes does.
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #29
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Oh, what I meant by car model, Rogue, was that they could offer the complete Camaro Generations 1-5, including special editions in a $4.99 DLC pack, or they could offer the complete manufacturer, such as Chevrolet and Ford, including all of their cars in the last 50+ years, as seperate DLC content. It's all speculation but Sony isn't likely to do us any favors, though the notion is nice. They plan on charging for "Home" soon. Thanks Sony! It is all still speculation but I wouldn't expect a handout.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #30
SS 376

Drives: IBM 1SS
But first Polyphony has to actually RELEASE GT5. There's been so many delays I'm wondering if it'll eventually just get cancelled.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #31
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Oh, what I meant by car model, Rogue, was that they could offer the complete Camaro Generations 1-5, including special editions in a $4.99 DLC pack, or they could offer the complete manufacturer, such as Chevrolet and Ford, including all of their cars in the last 50+ years, as seperate DLC content. It's all speculation but Sony isn't likely to do us any favors, though the notion is nice. They plan on charging for "Home" soon. Thanks Sony! It is all still speculation but I wouldn't expect a handout.
I doubt they will start charging for a lot, they tout that as a benefit over Xbox big time that everything is free. Home is cool but not cool enough to pay for. Anything really cool in Home you have to pay for already anyway (clothes, furniture, locations, etc). I could see them doing as you say, but like I said I anticipate big packages, and I also expect them to have at least one of each version of cars like the Camaro, but if you want everything like specialties and stuff you will have to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens Blvd View Post
But first Polyphony has to actually RELEASE GT5. There's been so many delays I'm wondering if it'll eventually just get cancelled.
Feb 2nd 2010 is the release date in Japan according to their site. Its supposedly been the most expensive game of all time to create, they will definitely be releasing something. Also the creator even said in an interview the game is basically ready to go just doing some final touches.
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #32
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Just give me the darn game!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #33
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
First of all PD (GT-devs) are making the beefiest raceing game ever made. There will be plenty of content that comes on the disc, 1000 cars (2.5 times more than Forza 3) is just the tip of the iceberg. Yes there will be DLC (down loadable content), But by my understanding there will be two verisons, a premium (similar to limited edition) and standard version. The priemium comes with the usual behind the scenes stuff, but if one buys the premium edition ALL DLC FOR GT5 WILL BE FREE!!!!! Don't know the price point though, roumor is $99. The standard GT5 will be the usual $59.99 and you can purchase any DLC you desire. The GT5 will not be half of a game, no way shape or form.

Around 1000 cars
Pit crews,
Weather effects,
Night time racing,
24hr Day/Night cycles
Rally raceing, Leman racing, Nascar racing, Drifting, Circuit racing etc...
TRACK EDITOR!!!! (create your own race track)
Clan support. and alot more, Sony is throwing the Kitchen sink at GT5.

Edit: Top Gear race track, Race Against the Stig times.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #34
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
First of all PD (GT-devs) are making the beefiest raceing game ever made. There will be plenty of content that comes on the disc, 1000 cars (2.5 times more than Forza 3) is just the tip of the iceberg. Yes there will be DLC (down loadable content), But by my understanding there will be two verisons, a premium (similar to limited edition) and standard version. The priemium comes with the usual behind the scenes stuff, but if one buys the premium edition ALL DLC FOR GT5 WILL BE FREE!!!!! Don't know the price point though, roumor is $99. The standard GT5 will be the usual $59.99 and you can purchase any DLC you desire. The GT5 will not be half of a game, no way shape or form.

Around 1000 cars
Pit crews,
Weather effects,
Night time racing,
24hr Day/Night cycles
Rally raceing, Leman racing, Nascar racing, Drifting, Circuit racing etc...
TRACK EDITOR!!!! (create your own race track)
Clan support. and alot more, Sony is throwing the Kitchen sink at GT5.

Edit: Top Gear race track, Race Against the Stig times.
Interesting, got a source for this info?

Old 12-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #35
mikeSS

Drives: 2013 E92 M3
play the new fronza
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #36
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 13 SRX Premium 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
lol Forza for the win!

but seriously, GT5 might be a warrantable reason to buy a PS3.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:45 PM   #37
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS M6
Quote:
I haven't heard of this either. I doubt they would make 2 versions of the game. That is would be the worst marketing Poly has ever done. I can understand the DLC for extra cars, but a different game "version"? I don't think so. They'll do a Collectors edition for sure, with behind the scenes & books, etc. Maybe it'll come with a limited edition/exclusive car but I doubt it would more than that.
jcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #38
truth411

Quote:
GTplanet.com, there are constantly GT developers on the site, though they can't say toooo much as of yet. User ID "Amir212" is a reilable soucre of info, similar to FbodFather here at camaro5. But of course info is limited, but he will chime in here and there to correct false information.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #39
truth411

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro View Post
I haven't heard of this either. I doubt they would make 2 versions of the game. That is would be the worst marketing Poly has ever done. I can understand the DLC for extra cars, but a different game "version"? I don't think so. They'll do a Collectors edition for sure, with behind the scenes & books, etc. Maybe it'll come with a limited edition/exclusive car but I doubt it would more than that.
Not 2 versions of the game, virtually all major games come out with a limited edition. GT will be no diferent, except the limited edition will be worth it, because all future DLC will be free of charge. Though the price might be $100 bucks, that is $40 more than the standard game.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:24 PM   #40
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
I really can't picture that being the true list. It may be a list of potential cars that they start with and make into a much smaller final car list for the game. Also that 10,000 car list includes vehicles that not one person would want in a game like the Chevy Express, or Astro, the Olds Ciera, that list also displays a 96 Camaro 30th anniversary and a 97 30th anniversary. Same thing goes with there being 2 35th anniversary SS's. GT has always had 100 different types of of the same R33 or R34 Nissan Skylines, and has been very limited in American cars except the 02 Camaro SS, 01 Z06/C5 Vette and the Mustang. For a list of cars like that from Sony/Gran Turismo it'd take literally 20 more years for the game to be completed.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #41
zerolm

Drives: Ford F-350/ 2SS/RS M6
Hey Rouge Leader, do you play online? What is your screen name? Mine is Zerolm just as on here. Where do you frequent right now?
zerolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #42
truth411

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
I really can't picture that being the true list. It may be a list of potential cars that they start with and make into a much smaller final car list for the game. Also that 10,000 car list includes vehicles that not one person would want in a game like the Chevy Express, or Astro, the Olds Ciera, that list also displays a 96 Camaro 30th anniversary and a 97 30th anniversary. Same thing goes with there being 2 35th anniversary SS's. GT has always had 100 different types of of the same R33 or R34 Nissan Skylines, and has been very limited in American cars except the 02 Camaro SS, 01 Z06/C5 Vette and the Mustang. For a list of cars like that from Sony/Gran Turismo it'd take literally 20 more years for the game to be completed.
Not 10,000 cars...lol about 1,000 cars.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #43
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerolm View Post
Hey Rouge Leader, do you play online? What is your screen name? Mine is Zerolm just as on here. Where do you frequent right now?
I am on there as Tommy_861. I have only really played using my Integra Type R, I've been in the beginner races. I have a F430 and a GTR now so I may start showing up in other places, but I haven't played alot.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #44
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 13 SRX Premium 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
lol isn't that the truth! 10 dozen civics and only two Corvettes.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #45
BearDownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS orange
is this game going to eventually come out for x-box?
BearDownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:49 PM   #46
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
I'm dissapointed, no smart car on the list. I wanted to take that POS and drive into a wall at maximum speed!
Old 12-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #47
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearDownSS View Post
is this game going to eventually come out for x-box?
Erhm no.... The company who makes the game is owned at least in part (maybe all) by Sony.
Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #48
SS 376

Drives: IBM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosher View Post
Erhm no.... The company who makes the game is owned at least in part (maybe all) by Sony.
That would make us even for Halo, and the GTA4 additional content whch is all X-Box-only.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:18 PM   #49
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosher View Post
Yep, Polyphony Digital is a studio completely owned by Sony. They are just allowed to be slightly autonomous because their games bring in the ca$h money!

Old 12-31-2009, 02:12 AM   #50
Rocketright

Drives: 2006 Acura RSX - S

Add me on Ps3 if you have online - Rocketright
Just add a msg from cmro5 or something.

I have NFS Drift, CamaroSS is pretty sweet.
Rocketright is offline   Reply With Quote