Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

tandtperformance.com
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
Lonewolf0346

Drives: Future 2010 SS/RS
Ordering Questions

Hey Guys,

First off, huge props for this awesome site that you guys have put together. I don't even have a Camaro yet and I already have a list and some know how on some of the mods I will do when I do get one.

A little about me, I am an 26 year old Apache pilot in the Army and am currently deployed to Afghanistan. I will be returning home in November and I will be getting a 2SS/RS then.

That's where my questions start. When do you recommend I put my order in so that I will be able to pick up the car when I get back? I am a little worried with being able to get the car I want due to the fact that GM is limiting the number of SS's being produced. I am working with a dealer in Indy right now who is going to give me a sweet deal using the GM military discount and the USAA discounts. He is asking for $1,000 down in order to put the order in and then I pay the rest on delivery. Does this seem normal? I will be going home on leave for two weeks in February is there anything I can do then in order to assure my car gets built?

Again awesome site any help on the matter of when to put the order in and how to up my chances of getting a car built is greatly appreciated!
Lonewolf0346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:05 AM   #2
BOOTZILLA
Banned

Drives: Black 2010 SS/RS
You're better off ordering it late enough to ensure that you'll be here when it arrives.

You don't want the dealer to sell it out from under you because you weren't here to receive it.
BOOTZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:12 AM   #3
wer2foxs

Drives: 2010 VR SS
Hey Lonewolf, first of all I can't Thank you enough for protecting our country it is truly an honor answering your thread.
As for ordering your 2SS, it is quite normal to pay 500 to a 1000 for your deposit and then pay the remainder when you pick it up. The second thing is if your dealer has an allocation ready for order. They are allotted just so many depending on the market they are in. When ordering it seems like there is a 60 -90 day wait mainly towards the 90 day mark to get your baby. So trying to get it built by February would be a tall order to fill. You can get an order number from your dealer and track it through this web site or to camaro tracking.com. That ads to the fun of watching your order being filled. Hope this answers some of your questions. By the way I coudn't find a good deal in Indy, I had to go to Michigan and get mine. Thanks again for what you do and God bless!!
wer2foxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:36 AM   #4
Madcat0911

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Yeah, my dealer wanted 500 to order my camaro, and had to do a credit check even though I'll be paying cash (yay reenlistment bonuses). Ordering was a piece of cake, and my dealer says that right now he's looking at 6-8 weeks on orders he takes.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:12 AM   #5
Lonewolf0346

So you guys don't foresee me running into any issues if I put my order in in late September ... as far as GM still taking orders at that point for SS's? I am just worried about waiting so late into a year to get a order in and them telling me that they don't have any of their allocation left.

Andy Mohr Chevy in Indy is the dealership i am talking to at the moment. Giving me MSRP plus the aforementioned discounts
Old 12-29-2009, 07:06 AM   #6
Lonewolf0346

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Apache... I sold a vette to a Major Brott in TX that was involved with them too !
It's a small community, we are all a bunch of adrenaline junkies ... case you can't tell with the trend of buying vettes/camaro ... and the sad thing is that the Army pays us to go out and find our next "fix"

On a serious note do you as a dealer foresee me running into a allocation issue?
Old 12-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Lonewolf, first off, THANK YOU for serving our country, as a vet, I have an apprecation for your sacrifice. NOW TO THE REAL ?'s well Scotty is the man, and he is your BEST source of info os most dealer related ?'s he mentioned the allocations, that part is dependent on your dealer.....IF you have a good relationship with them, THEY WILL/CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN. The first piece of advice I would impart to you, would first off go straight to the TOP, go see the owner, tell him the situation, ENSURE HE KNOWS you are a service member, I would go to the dealer in your Class A's, the date you will be back, and that you want to pick up the car when you return. IF he is a GOOD BUSINESS person, he will ENSURE your car is there. As far as when to order, I would ask him, put the ball in his court, when does he think HE needs to place the order to ensure YOUR car is there when you return. As far as the deposite, that is somewhat standard.

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 12-29-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Sir Nuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #8
Lonewolf0346

Thanks for all the advice/info guys!