Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
Rocketright
 
Drives: 2006 Acura RSX - S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 191
Going to the Dealer Tomorrow for Options

Hey Everyone,

So as some of you may know I'm 15 years old right now and I have made up my mind and I will be saving up to get this car. I am hoping to be driving it next November (2010).

I am going to the dealer tomorrow morning and he is going to go through all of the options with me.
So far this is what I'm looking at getting -
The 1LT/RS Package, maybe with BA Sound System.
-Victory Red

The main reason I want to get the RS is because of the headlights and rims. I was going to be getting winter tires anyways because all seasons still aren't that great on the ice so the tires are fine.


Just a question, the stripes on chevrolet.ca are $585 for Accent Black Stripes. Are these Vinyl or painted? They seem super expensive for Vinyl, yet a little cheap for paint. Any reason why?
Of course I can ask him tomorrow, but just making sure.

Carter
Rocketright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
Scrappy Doo


 
Scrappy Doo's Avatar
 
Drives: Taylor Made SLDR
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: W8n 4 Snow, Minnesota
Posts: 4,672
They are vinyl.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
ljustin293


 
ljustin293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 15,089
Stripes are vinyl
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
cam5
War Eagle
 
cam5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2ss cyber gray
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 272
1.not paint.. just stuck on there.. some opt to paint on. i just got the factory stripes.

2. RS package is deffinetly up to you. sometime i wish i had got it but its hard to notice a diff in the rs and standard cars when not next to eachother.. the comp and magazine make the rims look much darker than they actually are.. if i were u id save the 1200 dollars from the rs package.. and put it towards something u might want to make ur car unique.. exhaust, tint, cai. something.. the rs just isnt that much diff unless u drive at night... then the headlights are kinda cool.. but who cares.
cam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #5
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for
 
Ravirn's Avatar
 
Drives: Black SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketright View Post
Hey Everyone,

So as some of you may know I'm 15 years old right now and I have made up my mind and I will be saving up to get this car. I am hoping to be driving it next November (2010).

I am going to the dealer tomorrow morning and he is going to go through all of the options with me.
So far this is what I'm looking at getting -
The 1LT/RS Package, maybe with BA Sound System.
-Victory Red

The main reason I want to get the RS is because of the headlights and rims. I was going to be getting winter tires anyways because all seasons still aren't that great on the ice so the tires are fine.


Just a question, the stripes on chevrolet.ca are $585 for Accent Black Stripes. Are these Vinyl or painted? They seem super expensive for Vinyl, yet a little cheap for paint. Any reason why?
Of course I can ask him tomorrow, but just making sure.

Carter
Get the 1LT/RS package, forget the vinyl stripes... get a local shop to paint stripes on, especially with AB weather. Our temp extremes aren't good for vinyl no matter how high quality it is.

__________________
WARLOCK (Black 2SSRS LS3) - A work in progress.
Ravirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:20 PM   #6
Rocketright
 
Drives: 2006 Acura RSX - S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 191
Yea I'm definitely going to get the RS package, I drive at night a lot. As in winter its dark around 6, so definitely a must. And personally I love the lights. It really shows you out at night.

Yea then I'm definitely going to get them aftermarket. Ravirn, any luck finding paint shops?
Rocketright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
tmac1granger33
NM HT5
 
tmac1granger33's Avatar
 
Drives: COTW 3/5/12
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: los lunas, New Mexico
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam5 View Post
1.not paint.. just stuck on there.. some opt to paint on. i just got the factory stripes.

2. RS package is deffinetly up to you. sometime i wish i had got it but its hard to notice a diff in the rs and standard cars when not next to eachother.. the comp and magazine make the rims look much darker than they actually are.. if i were u id save the 1200 dollars from the rs package.. and put it towards something u might want to make ur car unique.. exhaust, tint, cai. something.. the rs just isnt that much diff unless u drive at night... then the headlights are kinda cool.. but who cares.
2.spot on why im getting the LS. evetually ill add the halos and fogs but for right now ill get my LS and make it stand out a little more.
__________________
Status 22" Staggered painted wheels/Eibach 1" Pro Kit Lowering Springs/Heritage Grille/Razzi Ground Effects Kit/RK Sports 3 piece Spoiler/DT Shortie Headers/Injen CAI/MRT 1.0 /Resonator Delete/Oracle Dual Red-white halos/Knight Rider grill Light/Sparks RS emblem/LED Sidemarkers/Red interior lighting/Gm fuel door/Halo Foglights/Trifecta Tune/IGGEE Seat covers/ Sinister Hood,VMAX throttle body/VMAX Black Iceolator/Technostalgia LED Taillights/3dCarbon Fender Vents/AAC Concept mirrors/zl1 bumper/AAC Plasma's/Scosche kit

WL-BMR Strut Bar/Custom rear vents
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #8
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for
 
Ravirn's Avatar
 
Drives: Black SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketright View Post
Yea then I'm definitely going to get them aftermarket. Ravirn, any luck finding paint shops?
I have a few inquires out there. I'll be visiting a few shops for a look-see. I'm not in a hurry atm, so we'll see. I'll let you know what I come up with.

I have an invitation to go tour Davenport Motorsport that I'm going to check out in the new year. I'm impressed with the 2010 Camaro performance enhancements they're done on their show car, and they're local.

I'll let you know who I decide to go with, paint and performance-wise.
__________________
WARLOCK (Black 2SSRS LS3) - A work in progress.
Ravirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #9
ttexxan

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fort Worth Texas
Posts: 926
MAN I would do the 2SS if you can wing it....
ttexxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #10
Rocketright
 
Drives: 2006 Acura RSX - S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 191
Im 15 years old, I don't think I can afford a 2SS.

Alright sweet thanks Ravirn.
Rocketright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:45 PM   #11
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,519
Why go to the dealership now... you can get all the info you need right here...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #12
strobi
MJ STROH
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LTRS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, WY
Posts: 185
afford the car maybe..but check on insurance...at your age thats gonna be really expensive!!
strobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #13
jeffny09


 
jeffny09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: new york
Posts: 5,714
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
at 15 i coiuldnt afford any car
__________________
top 10 reason why real men drive stick.

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #14
cam5
War Eagle
 
cam5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2ss cyber gray
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 272
save ur 1200 bucks from the rs. haha.. nah. i understand where ur coming from! i got a 2ss just bc i couldnt imagine not having all there is to offer. when u dish 30000 or whatever bucks on a lt u should just say "what the heck" and dish out another 6 for 2ss
cam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:55 PM   #15
Rocketright
 
Drives: 2006 Acura RSX - S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by strobi View Post
afford the car maybe..but check on insurance...at your age thats gonna be really expensive!!
Yep I've been looking, it actually won't be horrible as I live in a small town, my school is about 5k away, same with my work.

So it won't be too bad.
Rocketright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #16
cam5
War Eagle
 
cam5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2ss cyber gray
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 272
its surprising.. i thought mine would be really high but bc the camaro is ahead of its time in safety.. insurance isnt all that bad.. it was a 150 dollar increase from my 2005 yukon. thats every 6 months.. so like 30 or so a month prolly increase
cam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:58 PM   #17
Cmaro214
 
Cmaro214's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 1LT/RS Camaro "Blu Bruzr"
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SouthWest Florida
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketright View Post
Yep I've been looking, it actually won't be horrible as I live in a small town, my school is about 5k away, same with my work.

So it won't be too bad.
where do you work at 15?
__________________


VIN: 2G1FB1EV6A9178865
Cmaro214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:58 PM   #18
Rocketright
 
Drives: 2006 Acura RSX - S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 191
Yea. It shouldn't be horrible. Of course I'm going to be doing a lot of shopping around, and probably hire a broker.
Rocketright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #19
Rocketright
 
Drives: 2006 Acura RSX - S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmaro214 View Post
where do you work at 15?
I've had a job since I'm 12. That's the labor laws in Alberta. Tim Hortons, then BestBuy, now Mcdonalds since I moved. I hate it because of all the food around me, haha. But good money.
Rocketright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #20
Rocketright
 
Drives: 2006 Acura RSX - S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam5 View Post
save ur 1200 bucks from the rs. haha.. nah. i understand where ur coming from! i got a 2ss just bc i couldnt imagine not having all there is to offer. when u dish 30000 or whatever bucks on a lt u should just say "what the heck" and dish out another 6 for 2ss
My monthly payment would be up like 80 dollars. My insurance would be wayyyy more. Couldn't afford it.

Plus, I don't need 426HP. With it being snowy around here like 7 months of the year... not worth it.
Rocketright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #21
TommyTSquared


 
TommyTSquared's Avatar
 
Drives: RSSS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketright View Post
I've had a job since I'm 12. That's the labor laws in Alberta. Tim Hortons, then BestBuy, now Mcdonalds since I moved. I hate it because of all the food around me, haha. But good money.
I met a group of girls from Alberta when I was in Vegas... They were pretty fun !
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:03 PM   #22
Rocketright
 
Drives: 2006 Acura RSX - S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTSquared View Post
I met a group of girls from Alberta when I was in Vegas... They were pretty fun !
A lot of hotties in Alberta, so much for "Farm" province. Haha.
Rocketright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #23
cam5
War Eagle
 
cam5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2ss cyber gray
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 272
dunno where alberta is.. but that sucks. call it beastiality but i love me some horses!!
cam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #24
Rocketright
 
Drives: 2006 Acura RSX - S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam5 View Post
dunno where alberta is.. but that sucks. call it beastiality but i love me some horses!!
Hah, in Canada.
Well not really a farm province, but the prairie's. But we have the mountains like 2 hours away. And it's not really as farmy as I make it sound like it.
Rocketright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #25
cam5
War Eagle
 
cam5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2ss cyber gray
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 272
yah.. im from the farms.. haha.. im a forester and got 60 cows. but plenty of straight aways.
cam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wisconsins #1 Camaro Dealer - Discounts honored - WE SHIP TO YOU! CamaroScotty Dealer Camaros for Sale 23 02-02-2010 10:39 PM
dealer sold my CAR!!!! elbruin7 USA - California 10 10-31-2009 06:20 AM
Stripe Issue...dealer wants to give me credit, should I? lostinvt 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 15 09-25-2009 11:48 AM
"my dealer is sticking me with all of these extra dealer charges" KILLER74Z28 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 93 08-22-2009 03:24 PM
Did you get an order # or any refernce for your pre-order? D1BADZ Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 21 05-22-2009 05:39 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.