Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HURST
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember
 
The_Beast_'s Avatar
 
Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 1,163
FOUND PETITION TO GET RID OF FRONT PLATES

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...ed.cgi?caplate

GO SIGN THE PETITION. WE NEED THESE THINGS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
So the Goldmember has spoken, So shall it be done.
_________________________________________________

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!



May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:19 PM   #2
Muscle Master
SS Lightning
 
Muscle Master's Avatar
 
Drives: An SRT8
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cinnaminson, NJ
Posts: 2,285
what wrong with front plates, I don't see the gov. having a problem with cause you have to pay extra for a second plate right.....
__________________

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,262
you don't have a front plate on your charger. Would you drill holes and put one on?
__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
Muscle Master
SS Lightning
 
Muscle Master's Avatar
 
Drives: An SRT8
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cinnaminson, NJ
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
you don't have a front plate on your charger. Would you drill holes and put one on?
no......, but If the dealer had installed one prior to when I brought it I wouldn't mind

I don't get the petition thing??? whats going on
__________________

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember
 
The_Beast_'s Avatar
 
Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 1,163
The california government only requires the front license plate just to give tickets. I've done a substatial amount of research and found that California alone had generated $14M on redlight tickets alone. A large amount of which is from front plates. Now when those tickets that are sent out to people form those cameras have a funny story. Listen to this. Now when the picture is taken it is sent to ACS, the company that owns the camaras, yes OWNS, the camaras dont belond to hte city they rent them, then employees at the company decide which pictures should be cited and send those to the police. Now how corrupt is this. Tesitfiying officers are given a "script" from ACS to basicaly read as their testimony. I knew the world was corupt but this is honestly too far. This now interfers with our rights. The traffic court judges just want to get out of court and get home do they disregard anything the defendent says. I swear to you read about it and see how you will be disgusted of how unhuman this government actuallty is.

This is the one of the best articles:

http://blogs.edmunds.com/karl/2006/0...f-revenue.html
__________________
So the Goldmember has spoken, So shall it be done.
_________________________________________________

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!



May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:33 AM   #6
Beelzebubba
cheap plastic member
 
Beelzebubba's Avatar
 
Drives: Mazda6s
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arlington
Posts: 216
What are the Mustang guys going to do with the flat spot on their front bumpers?

I suppose you could just just screwgun a Confederate Jack plate with an Omega Psi Phi frame on there. Just to confuse people.

(I actually saw that once. well, actually it was a rebel flag sticker next to an Omega Psi Phi sticker on the back window. )
Beelzebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #7
Beelzebubba
cheap plastic member
 
Beelzebubba's Avatar
 
Drives: Mazda6s
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arlington
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast_ View Post
The california government only requires the front license plate just to give tickets. I've done a substatial amount of research and found that California alone had generated $14M on redlight tickets alone. A large amount of which is from front plates. Now when those tickets that are sent out to people form those cameras have a funny story. Listen to this. Now when the picture is taken it is sent to ACS, the company that owns the camaras, yes OWNS, the camaras dont belond to hte city they rent them, then employees at the company decide which pictures should be cited and send those to the police. Now how corrupt is this. Tesitfiying officers are given a "script" from ACS to basicaly read as their testimony. I knew the world was corupt but this is honestly too far. This now interfers with our rights. The traffic court judges just want to get out of court and get home do they disregard anything the defendent says. I swear to you read about it and see how you will be disgusted of how unhuman this government actuallty is.

This is the one of the best articles:

http://blogs.edmunds.com/karl/2006/0...f-revenue.html
...and that is one of the best posts

Inhuman and disgusting? I wouldn't go that far. I prefer the words corrupt and greedy.

Arlington's cameras are run by American Traffic Solutions. (atsol.com Automatically and Truly Shit Out of Luck)

We didn't get to vote on whether or not we, the citizens, wanted redlight cameras.

Machines are not and cannot be TCLEOS certified. They cannot legally enforce traffic law. That's why it is a Civil law violation and not a traffic citation.

The company has been caught tampering with the duration of yellow lights at intersections that they felt were "underperforming" financially. According to the City, it was a "technical error" only. Not an attempt to increase revenue. <cough>BULLSHIT!<cough>

Quote:
But what Bohl was witnessing hardly seemed fair to him; it looked like an assembly line. The judge barely listened to the motorists’ arguments, pronounced them all guilty and quickly trundled them off to the fines room.

Judges don't give a shit. They are a disgrace to the American Judicial System.
Beelzebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:41 PM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,569
I swear...if people obeyed traffic laws LIKE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO, they wouldn't get stopped and issued a citation.

AND....FURTHERMORE, if people were to obey traffic laws (ie: NOT RUNNING RED LIGHTS), traffic accidents would decrease DRAMATICALLY.

The whole purpose behind red light cameras is misconstrued to be a money generator for the city. Everyone thinks "redlight cameras??? Just another way to screw over the common man and take his money." The purpose of red light cameras are to force people to slow down and not ....RUN RED LIGHTS. What is the main purpose? To prevent (or try to deter) traffic accidents. HELLO?!?!?!

YOU don't work the streets and YOU don't see the amount of accidents we work EVERY SINGLE FREAKING DAY (many of which happen because people run red lights!!!)

So keep on believing that red light cameras are ONLY there to hit you in the pocket book....and MAYBE one day someone will see that redlight camera as they are approaching the intersection and go "CRAP!!!!" as they hit the brakes slowing down and stopping as YOU go passing through the intersection avoiding getting T-boned.

Sure....keep complaining about traffic laws. They are there to save your life, the lives of those in the car with you, and the lives of everyone else on the road.

And no...I don't deal with red light cameras in my city. Yes, it's civil and not criminal. Avoid the problems altogether by slowing and stopping.




Front license plate issue......

Fine. Don't put a front license on your new Camaro. When your Camaro is stolen and it's behind me on the parkway while I'm in my patrol vehicle, I'll run that front license plate......wait, there is NO front license plate????.....shoot, well, forget it because I can't get a plate so I can't run it and once again, they get away turning off behind me before I can get the back plate. But it's okay because you didn't want to put that front license plate on there anyway.



RANT OVER.


Sorry bout this rant.....but I see it everyday. I see the accidents and the people who are at fault for them because they fail to (or refuse to) obey traffic laws. I have seen the people who die on our roads because others ran a red light. I have seen the dad and his son who went out to get ice cream and when on the way home, got t-boned by someone who was speeding trying to make the red light. When someone tells me that red light cameras are ONLY put there to generate money, I say BULL SH!T.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #9
BowtieGuy
Enlightened
 
BowtieGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing Currently
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,285
+1 This thread just got owned.
__________________
If you believe it is your right to speak freely no matter the content, relevance, or intelligence of statement, then it is my duty to the powers that be to set you straight.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #10
MerF
Go Rays!
 
MerF's Avatar
 
Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Join Date: May 2007
Location: St Pete, Florida
Posts: 2,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
+1 This thread just got owned.
I loved it.

On a sidenote, online petitions are quite possible the most useless thing that has ever come from the interweb. Just point and laugh at that website, nobody gives a crap about how many signatures are on online petitions:
Snopes tells the truth.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #11
Beelzebubba
cheap plastic member
 
Beelzebubba's Avatar
 
Drives: Mazda6s
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arlington
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I swear...if people obeyed traffic laws LIKE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO, they wouldn't get stopped and issued a citation.

AND....FURTHERMORE, if people were to obey traffic laws (ie: NOT RUNNING RED LIGHTS), traffic accidents would decrease DRAMATICALLY.

The whole purpose behind red light cameras is misconstrued to be a money generator for the city. Everyone thinks "redlight cameras??? Just another way to screw over the common man and take his money." The purpose of red light cameras are to force people to slow down and not ....RUN RED LIGHTS. What is the main purpose? To prevent (or try to deter) traffic accidents. HELLO?!?!?!

YOU don't work the streets and YOU don't see the amount of accidents we work EVERY SINGLE FREAKING DAY (many of which happen because people run red lights!!!)

So keep on believing that red light cameras are ONLY there to hit you in the pocket book....and MAYBE one day someone will see that redlight camera as they are approaching the intersection and go "CRAP!!!!" as they hit the brakes slowing down and stopping as YOU go passing through the intersection avoiding getting T-boned.

Sure....keep complaining about traffic laws. They are there to save your life, the lives of those in the car with you, and the lives of everyone else on the road.

And no...I don't deal with red light cameras in my city. Yes, it's civil and not criminal. Avoid the problems altogether by slowing and stopping.




Front license plate issue......

Fine. Don't put a front license on your new Camaro. When your Camaro is stolen and it's behind me on the parkway while I'm in my patrol vehicle, I'll run that front license plate......wait, there is NO front license plate????.....shoot, well, forget it because I can't get a plate so I can't run it and once again, they get away turning off behind me before I can get the back plate. But it's okay because you didn't want to put that front license plate on there anyway.



RANT OVER.


Sorry bout this rant.....but I see it everyday. I see the accidents and the people who are at fault for them because they fail to (or refuse to) obey traffic laws. I have seen the people who die on our roads because others ran a red light. I have seen the dad and his son who went out to get ice cream and when on the way home, got t-boned by someone who was speeding trying to make the red light. When someone tells me that red light cameras are ONLY put there to generate money, I say BULL SH!T.
So, you are okay with some civillian company, randomly changing the duration of the yellow light to help "poor performing" intersections.

Quote:
Longer yellow lights will do more to reduce crashes at intersections than any other method, including the use of red-light cameras, according to a new report.

report from the Texas Transportation Institute
My problem is that it is a corporation enforcing the law. When they feel that they are not making enough money, they change the rules to increase cash-flow with a complete disregard for public safety.

ATSOL changed the duration of one yellow light in a 45 mph zone to 1.4 seconds because it was not generating enough revenue. The city had to dismiss hundreds of tickets and quietly tried to sweep the matter under the carpet.

1.4 freaking seconds!

The recommended time for yellow is 1 second per 10 mph.

You are okay with that sort of civillian corporate control?


Front plate? I don't like it but I have one now. My Firebird was purchased with no front plate. I got pulled over. It's a $200 ticket. I got mine dismissed by taking off the back plate, sticking it on the front bumper with rolled up masking tape, photographing it, putting it back on the back and taking the picture to court. I had to pay an $11 dismissal fee. Much better than $200.

You can bet that I got a new pair of plates when it was time to renew.
Beelzebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:20 PM   #12
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember
 
The_Beast_'s Avatar
 
Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I swear...if people obeyed traffic laws LIKE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO, they wouldn't get stopped and issued a citation.

AND....FURTHERMORE, if people were to obey traffic laws (ie: NOT RUNNING RED LIGHTS), traffic accidents would decrease DRAMATICALLY.

The whole purpose behind red light cameras is misconstrued to be a money generator for the city. Everyone thinks "redlight cameras??? Just another way to screw over the common man and take his money." The purpose of red light cameras are to force people to slow down and not ....RUN RED LIGHTS. What is the main purpose? To prevent (or try to deter) traffic accidents. HELLO?!?!?!

YOU don't work the streets and YOU don't see the amount of accidents we work EVERY SINGLE FREAKING DAY (many of which happen because people run red lights!!!)

So keep on believing that red light cameras are ONLY there to hit you in the pocket book....and MAYBE one day someone will see that redlight camera as they are approaching the intersection and go "CRAP!!!!" as they hit the brakes slowing down and stopping as YOU go passing through the intersection avoiding getting T-boned.

Sure....keep complaining about traffic laws. They are there to save your life, the lives of those in the car with you, and the lives of everyone else on the road.

And no...I don't deal with red light cameras in my city. Yes, it's civil and not criminal. Avoid the problems altogether by slowing and stopping.




Front license plate issue......

Fine. Don't put a front license on your new Camaro. When your Camaro is stolen and it's behind me on the parkway while I'm in my patrol vehicle, I'll run that front license plate......wait, there is NO front license plate????.....shoot, well, forget it because I can't get a plate so I can't run it and once again, they get away turning off behind me before I can get the back plate. But it's okay because you didn't want to put that front license plate on there anyway.



RANT OVER.


Sorry bout this rant.....but I see it everyday. I see the accidents and the people who are at fault for them because they fail to (or refuse to) obey traffic laws. I have seen the people who die on our roads because others ran a red light. I have seen the dad and his son who went out to get ice cream and when on the way home, got t-boned by someone who was speeding trying to make the red light. When someone tells me that red light cameras are ONLY put there to generate money, I say BULL SH!T.
Tag apparently you dont live in L.A., or for that matter California. Am I correct? Out here in L.A. we not only have cameras in the intersection we have them behind the intersection so they can see your front plate and you back plate.
Next in the state of California when the cameras when up accidents caused by running red lights when down by 60% BUT rear end collisions went up by 140%. Now I dont think thats a fair trade. Do you?
BTW: You being a cop you should know this. L.A. has one of the most, if not the most corrupt police departments in the Country And Glendale isnt very far behind. I have reasons: I was on Glenoaks avenue driving and went through a yellow light and a officer pulled me over and told me I ran a red. I go to court expected to pay a $500 and refused to. The officer insisted on telling me it was a red. I fought back. The jusge called the balif to escort me out of the courtroom and while a 300lb samoian dude was carring me out of the room I called the cop a liar son of a female dog and a thief. I didnt pay the fine and recieved a sepina for court the next week. I went told my case and the cop admited he "might have been mistaked". It was the end of June and he need to give out all his tickets. So he gave out 4 bullshit ones including mine. So all of the ones he gave out were dismissed.
Second. My cousin had blue lights on an old civic some years ago. One day on Glendale Ave. Right passed Monteray he was driving and the guy infront of him ALSO HAD BLUE LIGHTS. The cop sitting in a parking lot on his bike let the white guy infront of him go but pulled over my cousin and me. WHY because the amount of rasicm on Glendale against the Armenian population is ridiculously high. We are the MAJORITY we are the ones that made Glendale this thriving city that it is. 74% of all small busnesses in Glendale are Armenian owned. Our City council is made up of 4 out of 7 Armenians. Yet the white people cant stand to see any oen do better than them.

So Tag until you been to a city and lived among its corruption all you life you cant begin to understand anything about it.
Now my rant is over.

And I mean none of this offensively. Well unless your a Glendale cop then pretty much screw you.
__________________
So the Goldmember has spoken, So shall it be done.
_________________________________________________

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!



May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #13
MerF
Go Rays!
 
MerF's Avatar
 
Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Join Date: May 2007
Location: St Pete, Florida
Posts: 2,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast_ View Post
Tag apparently you dont live in L.A., or for that matter California. Am I correct? Out here in L.A. we not only have cameras in the intersection we have them behind the intersection so they can see your front plate and you back plate.
That has nothing to do with the topic of cameras at intersections.
Quote:
Next in the state of California when the cameras when up accidents caused by running red lights when down by 60% BUT rear end collisions went up by 140%. Now I dont think thats a fair trade. Do you?
How the hell does this justify your argument? That 140% is because people expect that it's ok to run the redlights, which is the point...they shouldn't expect that it's ok to do it. And those 140% paid for it with fines and raised insurance, and to them I say "Good for you, you idiots...cry me a river."
Quote:
The world is against me because cops are evil and they don't like me when I break the law.
Ok so the white kids didn't get pulled over for ther blue lights. But you did, which means you had them and you were illegal.

Umm...so...you were illegal and got caught and you're mad about it? Don't do it if you don't want to get caught. Virginia Beach, which is where I lievd when I owned my Honda and my Supra, were notorious for cracking down on imports. I knew my tint was too dark and my quiet (but still aftermarket) muffler was illegal. So when the mullets in the foxbody would fly by me with their glasspacks and I'd get pulled over, I would just accept that if I wanted to be left alone I would have to make my car 100% street legal by the letter of the law because it's an import and VABPD was scared of imports because of the F&F trends that were happening all over the 7-cities (this was in the early part of the decade obviously).

Moral of the story is your rant holds no water, sir.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #14
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember
 
The_Beast_'s Avatar
 
Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
That has nothing to do with the topic of cameras at intersections.
It has to do with the front plate. If they're going to put a camera behind you too, what is the point of requiring a front Plate. It doesnt make sense to me.
__________________
So the Goldmember has spoken, So shall it be done.
_________________________________________________

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!



May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missouri front plate petition The_Blur USA - Rockies / Midwest 41 06-26-2014 09:54 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.