Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Redline Goods
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
STRUT1

Drives: '10 STRUT Camaro SS/RS
Motivated buyer looking for custom body kits!

I just ordered my '10 Camaro and can't decide between an aftermarket or OEM body kit. Does anyone out there have suggestions? Any links or pics are welcomed. Thanks!
STRUT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Browse through this section, should be a few options in there: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80
Old 01-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
STRUT1

Thanks buddy. I connected with Garys Customz in Florida and he carries a few kits. I also have a guy here on the West Coast who might make me a custom body kit, giving it a one-of-a-kind look. I will post the pics when everything is ready. Thanks again!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
STRUT1

great suggestion! Thanks!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:49 PM   #5
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Out of all the body kits I've seen on the site I prefer the factory kit. I like how the sideskirts flare outward and flow with the car. I know a lot people hate the back, but I think it looks pretty damn cool. The front looks cool on or off from photos I've seen. If you get factory I'd check the for sale threads and see if anyone is selling theres cheaper than what GM wants for them. I also think this kit looks a million times better painted to match on most colors. Here's mine with factory gfx painted to match.

A guy on here has a red jewel camaro with cyber grey stripes and unpainted factory GFX and it looks amazing. He also has that expensive factory rim upgrade with the dark wheels that match too. Amazing.

Also, if you are a do-it-yourselfer you can get the instructions and paint/install them yourself. A guy on here installed/painted his own on his victory red. Came out nice.

Razzi kit is another good one because it looks nice and its much cheaper than the factory GFX. I think some people are selling them for less than $800.00 unpainted. I really like the rear and front of that kit, but I get lost on the sides.
Sick rear

Sick front

Weird (in my opinion) sides

Another interesting option is mix-matching kits. Some kits offer individual pieces for sale. Another guy (JJ) on here with a victory red mix-matched his front lip from I think revolution and the rest with another kit (EDIT: factory sides and rear) and it came out nice.

Check out this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51567

Ill post up some pics of what I'm talking about in a bit.

Last edited by scythezo6; 01-07-2010 at 01:19 PM.
scythezo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
I edited my last post with pics.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #7
STRUT1

You know, the OEM body kit does look really cool. I'm not excited about the rear spoiler but everything else is cool. Thanks!
Old 01-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
REVOLUTIONSS

Drives: triple black Super sport
That last victory red car looks awesome , we made our chin to flow perfectly with the oem side rockers just in case someone wanted to use the rest of the OEM body kit with a better front chin design.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #9
ajp
Imperial Blue Steel

Drives: Camaro 2010 2SS/RS
Revolution: Do you have side skirts yet?
ajp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #10
REVOLUTIONSS

Drives: triple black Super sport
Not yet , weve been selling our chins with the oem body kits lately. our tooling isnt finished on our rockers yet , along with our fenders , rear spoiler and grilles will be finally done this month. We have finished our rear diffuser , ss bowtie replacments and now we are starting on gauge pods , new front facias and another more retro hood option.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #11
STRUT1

Revolution: do you sell your chins through the dealer? I like your hood and will probably order one over the next few weeks. Please send out pics of your upcoming products. Thanks!
Old 01-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #12
Alain

Drives: 2010 SS, RS, Manual. 2012 F150, FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
Out of all the body kits I've seen on the site I prefer the factory kit. I like how the sideskirts flare outward and flow with the car. I know a lot people hate the back, but I think it looks pretty damn cool. The front looks cool on or off from photos I've seen. If you get factory I'd check the for sale threads and see if anyone is selling theres cheaper than what GM wants for them. I also think this kit looks a million times better painted to match on most colors. Here's mine with factory gfx painted to match.

A guy on here has a red jewel camaro with cyber grey stripes and unpainted factory GFX and it looks amazing. He also has that expensive factory rim upgrade with the dark wheels that match too. Amazing.

Also, if you are a do-it-yourselfer you can get the instructions and paint/install them yourself. A guy on here installed/painted his own on his victory red. Came out nice.

Razzi kit is another good one because it looks nice and its much cheaper than the factory GFX. I think some people are selling them for less than $800.00 unpainted. I really like the rear and front of that kit, but I get lost on the sides.
Sick rear

Sick front

Weird (in my opinion) sides

Another interesting option is mix-matching kits. Some kits offer individual pieces for sale. Another guy (JJ) on here with a victory red mix-matched his front lip from I think revolution and the rest with another kit (EDIT: factory sides and rear) and it came out nice.

Check out this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51567

Ill post up some pics of what I'm talking about in a bit.
excellent, very detailed post man. thanks for all the pictures. i actually never even thought of mix/matching the kits and paint them a different color then the body of the car.

REVOLUTION, you guys should put a thread with pictures of your upcoming products, prices and time frames for release.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote