Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
Blade


 
Blade's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS SIM RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 4,623
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Better discount?: Credit union or USAA car buying service?

Here's the deals:

USAA Car Buying Service: The dealer adds $500 to invoice and then the USAA discount is applied $750. So in the end you pay $250 below invoice.


Credit union discount: I have no idea what the details are.
__________________

Last edited by Blade; 01-05-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
tmac1granger33
NM HT5
 
tmac1granger33's Avatar
 
Drives: COTW 3/5/12
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: los lunas, New Mexico
Posts: 2,003
why would they add 500 i thought it was 750 off
__________________
Status 22" Staggered painted wheels/Eibach 1" Pro Kit Lowering Springs/Heritage Grille/Razzi Ground Effects Kit/RK Sports 3 piece Spoiler/DT Shortie Headers/Injen CAI/MRT 1.0 /Resonator Delete/Oracle Dual Red-white halos/Knight Rider grill Light/Sparks RS emblem/LED Sidemarkers/Red interior lighting/Gm fuel door/Halo Foglights/Trifecta Tune/IGGEE Seat covers/ Sinister Hood,VMAX throttle body/VMAX Black Iceolator/Technostalgia LED Taillights/3dCarbon Fender Vents/AAC Concept mirrors/zl1 bumper/AAC Plasma's/Scosche kit

WL-BMR Strut Bar/Custom rear vents
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #3
Blade


 
Blade's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS SIM RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 4,623
Send a message via AIM to Blade
It's the car buying service. You get a no haggle price at $500 over invoice. Then you are free to use the $750 discount. The service is seperate from the $750 discount.
__________________
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #4
MagsSS
 
MagsSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS RS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DFW, TEXAS
Posts: 307
I was told the credit union discount does not apply to camaro. It may have changed now.
MagsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #5
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,258
Supplier price via credit union discount is 800 bucks off MSRP of a 1SS/RS with boston accoustics package. I just checked 5 minutes ago.
__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #6
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Here's the deals:

USAA Car Buying Service: The dealer adds $500 to invoice and then the USAA discount is applied $750. So in the end you pay $250 below invoice.


Credit union discount: I have no idea what the details are.
Depends on what you are ordering. On my 2SS that I'm ordering the price will be about the same. On everything else, the first option will get you a lower price but not by much.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #7
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,801
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Credit union discount - which get you GM PREFERRED PRICING (new name effective 1/5/2010), good through 9/2010 AND THEN take off the $750 USAA good through 12/2010

By the way, the GM preferred price is nice, if you have a discount code, great, if not, it's not an issue for me.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #8
Blade


 
Blade's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS SIM RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 4,623
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Credit union discount - which get you GM PREFERRED PRICING (new name effective 1/5/2010), good through 9/2010 AND THEN take off the $750 USAA good through 12/2010

By the way, the GM preferred price is nice, if you have a discount code, great, if not, it's not an issue for me.
Excellent Smithers!

Sounds great and thanks Scotty! I know you have had a looooooooong day

I am going to check this out with my dealer.
__________________
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #9
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,801
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Excellent Smithers!

Sounds great and thanks Scotty! I know you have had a looooooooong day

I am going to check this out with my dealer.
I have a contact at Rick Hendrick Chevy you can talk to....
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #10
Blade


 
Blade's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS SIM RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 4,623
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
I have a contact at Rick Hendrick Chevy you can talk to....
Oh man.......well I placed my order up in Delaware already on 12/9. I am supposed to have the car by then end of February. So I am hoping for a production date soon (Next week?), if I don't get one, I just might have to get in touch with your guy.

How much would the supplier price be on the setup that I have ordered? the setup is in my sig.
__________________
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:05 PM   #11
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,801
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Oh man.......well I placed my order up in Delaware already on 12/9. I am supposed to have the car by then end of February. So I am hoping for a production date soon (Next week?), if I don't get one, I just might have to get in touch with your guy.

How much would the supplier price be on the setup that I have ordered? the setup is in my sig.
about 900-1100 under MSRP
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:27 PM   #12
markgoodson
 
markgoodson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2 SS RS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Here's the deals:

USAA Car Buying Service: The dealer adds $500 to invoice and then the USAA discount is applied $750. So in the end you pay $250 below invoice.


Credit union discount: I have no idea what the details are.
I bought my Rally Yellow 2SS/RS on 12/29/09 for invoice, then took the USAA discount of $750, and the GM cash of $500. I also got another “company” or “employee” price discount of around another grand, but the fact is that at the very beginning I started at invoice. There was never any markup over MSRP on my dealers end, so I am convinced that this markup you mention is not mandatory, but at the dealers discretion. This is an elective decision of the dealership to take more of your money.
markgoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #13
Blade


 
Blade's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS SIM RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 4,623
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgoodson View Post
I bought my Rally Yellow 2SS/RS on 12/29/09 for invoice, then took the USAA discount of $750, and the GM cash of $500. I also got another “company” or “employee” price discount of around another grand, but the fact is that at the very beginning I started at invoice. There was never any markup over MSRP on my dealers end, so I am convinced that this markup you mention is not mandatory, but at the dealers discretion. This is an elective decision of the dealership to take more of your money.
The $500 markup is the USAA Car buying service deal with USAA ceritfied dealers. It is explained on the USAA site, when you do a car search with price guaranteed. Its a contract between USAA and the certified dealers.
__________________
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:39 AM   #14
cuspid
 
Drives: 04 z06 yellow
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Clearwater,Fl
Posts: 280
And then the dealer tacks on a $1000 delivery fee to your below invoice deal.
cuspid is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winner, winner - Jalopnik compares the Big 3 Number 3 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 31 04-17-2011 03:24 PM
Picked up my car....use USAA discount Vicny 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 15 12-08-2009 05:29 PM
Credit Union and Usaa Discounts pirates88 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 36 11-08-2009 05:53 PM
2010 Chevy Camaro SS Indy 500 Pace Car Drive linkwpc Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 0 05-23-2009 09:47 PM
"The car of the future may turn out to be no car at all." Scotsman General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 2 11-03-2007 12:22 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.