Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

USA - Southeast AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #1101
driser
 
driser's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Monroe, Georgia
Posts: 649
Camaro Corral - Road Atlanta

There is a quick update in the main post regarding ticket numbers and scheduling.

Please check it out.

I should be putting together a larger update within the next week, and I will make sure to post that update here as well as in the main thread.

Thanks again and look forward to seeing you all.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #1102
the_breeze
 
the_breeze's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: East Tenn.
Posts: 185
Big A Town

Meeting at Cracker Barrel off of Cedar Bluff Rd at 8 and leave for A Town about 9.
the_breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #1103
ccutaia
 
ccutaia's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Black 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 64
Info on Knoxville Camaro owners

We have a 2012 and looking for other Camaro owners to hang with, anything formal yet?
ccutaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #1104
the_breeze
 
the_breeze's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: East Tenn.
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccutaia View Post
We have a 2012 and looking for other Camaro owners to hang with, anything formal yet?
Glad to have you! Things will pick up this spring.
the_breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #1105
the_breeze
 
the_breeze's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: East Tenn.
Posts: 185
Cruisin for Cancer

Muscle Car Ministries is having a cruise to Newport on April 27. We will have a few mini cruises leading up to the main cruise.

One group will leave from Sears at the Foothills Mall at 8:30. Another group will leave Outback Steak House on Merchants at 8:30. Both groups will meet up at the new Food City at the corner of John Sevier and Chapman Hwy. These groups will leave Food City about 9:15 and travel to Douglas Dam. We will then group up with others from the Dam and travel to Newport for a Cruise In For Cancer.

Every one is welcome to join in on the fun. We will have about 30 or more cars. Come help raise money and have a lot of fun for the cause of cancer. For more info go to this link on page 2. http://forum.mustangministries.net/i...46269#msg46269
the_breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #1106
driser
 
driser's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Monroe, Georgia
Posts: 649
Road Atlanta Camaro Corral update

Got an e-mail from Angie today, and we are up to 15 that have purchased tickets. Remember the deadline to purchase is 4/16/13 and the deadline to purchase and have them mailed to you was I believe today. After today, you pick your tickets up at Will Call.

Rick at Grand Am is meeting with the Stevenson Race Team at Barber Motorsports this weekend, so he should be sending an update early next week. He should also have the actual number of hot passes he secured for us next week as well. The last we talked, he was working on trying to get us as many as 20, which is just unbelievable.

Adams Polishes came through and is sending me some free product to give away at the event. Also, MTI Racing is working on Camaro Corral specials that I will be handing out at the event. I believe super chargers, cam shafts, intakes, and maybe headers are on the list! As posted earlier, Pfadt already sent me a few things.

I am still waiting on a couple of more responses, so those probably won't be finalized until we get closer to the actual race. My goal is to get enought stuff, so everyone gets something, and I plan on using a name drawing to hand it out. I think we have some people only coming on Saturday, so if that is true, we will handle that on Saturday.

I know from talking with MLEE in Houston, who was at the Corral in Austin earlier this year, that a lot of the details probably won't get worked out until we are actually there. As a result, I am sure that there will be lots more to come as we get closer.

Thanks to Chris and Diane for handling the dinner arrangements, and I am sure we will need some extra help once we get closer.

Thanks,

David
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #1107
GMteSSted
000574
 
GMteSSted's Avatar
 
Drives: Pre-production Inferno Orange SS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 587
Thanks for all of your hard work to put this together. It should be a great weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
Got an e-mail from Angie today, and we are up to 15 that have purchased tickets. Remember the deadline to purchase is 4/16/13 and the deadline to purchase and have them mailed to you was I believe today. After today, you pick your tickets up at Will Call.

Rick at Grand Am is meeting with the Stevenson Race Team at Barber Motorsports this weekend, so he should be sending an update early next week. He should also have the actual number of hot passes he secured for us next week as well. The last we talked, he was working on trying to get us as many as 20, which is just unbelievable.

Adams Polishes came through and is sending me some free product to give away at the event. Also, MTI Racing is working on Camaro Corral specials that I will be handing out at the event. I believe super chargers, cam shafts, intakes, and maybe headers are on the list! As posted earlier, Pfadt already sent me a few things.

I am still waiting on a couple of more responses, so those probably won't be finalized until we get closer to the actual race. My goal is to get enought stuff, so everyone gets something, and I plan on using a name drawing to hand it out. I think we have some people only coming on Saturday, so if that is true, we will handle that on Saturday.

I know from talking with MLEE in Houston, who was at the Corral in Austin earlier this year, that a lot of the details probably won't get worked out until we are actually there. As a result, I am sure that there will be lots more to come as we get closer.

Thanks to Chris and Diane for handling the dinner arrangements, and I am sure we will need some extra help once we get closer.

Thanks,

David
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #1108
flht99b

 
flht99b's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 1,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_breeze View Post
Meeting at Cracker Barrel off of Cedar Bluff Rd at 8 and leave for A Town about 9.
So this is the official meeting place ( Cedar Bluff Cracker Barrel ) and leaving for Atlanta at 9am on Friday 4/19 ?? Most likely wife and I will do breakfast at home at meet everyone at the CB around 8:45am 4/19.
Ed M.
__________________
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, full rear cradle & diff bushings, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, Hawk HPS Brake pads, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp Cam valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR 5 timing chain, LS2 damper, CAI Cold Air Induction, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9 & 20x11 DS3 wheels w/Vredstein 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, '11 Convertible spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, GM SS Fender & LS3 Emblems.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #1109
GnyaTek

 
GnyaTek's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 1,053
Just a heads up reminder for those that might be interested (Bobby? Dan? Bobby? Bobby?)

Last minute reminder that this Saturday is the Music City Camaro Club's Spring Fling car show and drag race:

Date: April 13, 2013
Location: Music City Raceway, 3302 Ivy Point Rd, Goodlettesville, TN 37072

Gates Open at 12:00 PM

Drag race event and one class of the show will be 5th Gen specific, but will also have a show class for 1st-4th Gens. Trophies will awarded for 1st and 2nd place for the Drag Race and for a variety of show classes (including a show class just for the cars that are racing).

We've had decent turnout to the past 3 dragracing events (we run them twice a year... Spring Fling and Fall Brawl), but now with sponsors coming on board for prizes, we'd love to grow it.
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #1110
GMteSSted
000574
 
GMteSSted's Avatar
 
Drives: Pre-production Inferno Orange SS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 587
It's been a fun event! I was hoping to defend my title this Spring but it can't happen before the 15th for me. I've got to work hard now to play later.

Hopefully some of the East TN folks will come and play. I hope to make the one in the fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnyaTek View Post
Just a heads up reminder for those that might be interested (Bobby? Dan? Bobby? Bobby?)

Last minute reminder that this Saturday is the Music City Camaro Club's Spring Fling car show and drag race:

Date: April 13, 2013
Location: Music City Raceway, 3302 Ivy Point Rd, Goodlettesville, TN 37072

Gates Open at 12:00 PM

Drag race event and one class of the show will be 5th Gen specific, but will also have a show class for 1st-4th Gens. Trophies will awarded for 1st and 2nd place for the Drag Race and for a variety of show classes (including a show class just for the cars that are racing).

We've had decent turnout to the past 3 dragracing events (we run them twice a year... Spring Fling and Fall Brawl), but now with sponsors coming on board for prizes, we'd love to grow it.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:16 AM   #1111
the_breeze
 
the_breeze's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: East Tenn.
Posts: 185
Love to go but I have some things that I have to do. Thanks for the invite!


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnyaTek View Post
Just a heads up reminder for those that might be interested (Bobby? Dan? Bobby? Bobby?)

Last minute reminder that this Saturday is the Music City Camaro Club's Spring Fling car show and drag race:

Date: April 13, 2013
Location: Music City Raceway, 3302 Ivy Point Rd, Goodlettesville, TN 37072
Gates Open at 12:00 PM

Drag race event and one class of the show will be 5th Gen specific, but will also have a show class for 1st-4th Gens. Trophies will awarded for 1st and 2nd place for the Drag Race and for a variety of show classes (including a show class just for the cars that are racing).

We've had decent turnout to the past 3 dragracing events (we run them twice a year... Spring Fling and Fall Brawl), but now with sponsors coming on board for prizes, we'd love to grow it.
the_breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #1112
Bertha II
 
Bertha II's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 SW
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 95
Foothills Mall cruise-in this evening in Maryville - in front of JC Penneys - around 5:30pm - they had a bunch of cars last week.
__________________
[/SIGPIC]
Bertha II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #1113
driser
 
driser's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Monroe, Georgia
Posts: 649
Road Atlanta update

As things stand right now, the Meet and Greet with Stevenson Racing is Saturday morning at 10:15 am.

The hot lap passes (still don't have a final number) are Saturday at 10:15 am and 3:15 pm.

The parade laps are Friday between 5:00 pm and 5:30 pm.

If memory serves, Friday morning is practice for both series and Friday afternoon is qualifying for both series.

Both races are Saturday afternoon, with the Rolex race going between 4:30 pm - 7:15 pm. If you are not famliar with Grand Am, all of their races are timed races, so they start and end on time.

There will be many details that come together at the last minute, but I will put together a final update next week...maybe around Wednesday.

This schedule looks good, with lots of on track action on Friday, capped off with a parade lap, then a short cruise and BBQ!!!

Saturday will be another full day, with a meet and greet with Stevenson, some hot laps, some free give aways, followed by over 5 hours of some of the best racing you will see anywhere. Now it sounds like we might finish up with a cruise to Year One, which is a few miles down the road from Road Atlanta...and also on my way home!!

Can't wait to see everyone, and hope everyone has a great time.

One last reminder that the deadline for buying tickets is Tuesday at 5:00 pm...you can not get tickets after the deadline!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

David

Last edited by driser; 04-12-2013 at 03:34 PM.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #1114
TNBADSS
 
TNBADSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Camaro SS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East TN
Posts: 27
For those of us not going to Road Atlanta this weekend, anyone going to the Rod Run in Pigeon Forge?
__________________
2012 Camaro VR A6 SS
2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4
TNBADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #1115
ccutaia
 
ccutaia's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Black 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 64
Help, I need a great painter near Knoxville TN

I want to put a new hood, side scoops and chin spoiler on my 2012 Camaro, and I am a perfectionist. Who is the best in painter my area?

Last edited by ccutaia; 04-17-2013 at 05:16 PM.
ccutaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #1116
Suprslo
 
Drives: 2013 SS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sevierville TN
Posts: 181
TNBADSS... I live in Sevierville I'll be going out Friday and Saturday night. Their is a chance I might go to the east coast shoot out on Saturday but if not I'll be around.
Suprslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #1117
10aSSee D

 
10aSSee D's Avatar
 
Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TN
Posts: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccutaia View Post
I want to put a new hood, side scoops and chin spoiler on my 2012 Camaro, and I am a perfectionist. Who is the best in painter my area?
If you find one let me know, I'm currently looking at Malibu Customs in Maynardville...
__________________
MODS:

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 740rwhp,685rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #1118
ccutaia
 
ccutaia's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Black 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 64
I am going to look at Randy's Customs in Servierville, and I'll also look at your place.
ccutaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #1119
TNBADSS
 
TNBADSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Camaro SS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East TN
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprslo View Post
TNBADSS... I live in Sevierville I'll be going out Friday and Saturday night. Their is a chance I might go to the east coast shoot out on Saturday but if not I'll be around.
Thanks Suprslo
I'll probably be down there during the day Saturday. Red SS with black stripes and the aero package. Any place in particular you hang out?
__________________
2012 Camaro VR A6 SS
2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4
TNBADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #1120
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 96 S-10 LS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 16,452
I am going to try to get down there on Friday or Saturday. If anyone sees Angrybird feel free to give me a Shoutout.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #1121
Suprslo
 
Drives: 2013 SS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sevierville TN
Posts: 181
If any of you guys are up here this weekend give me a shout. 8657128676. I'll be looking for ya angrybird.
Suprslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #1122
Suprslo
 
Drives: 2013 SS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sevierville TN
Posts: 181
Just got in from cruising the rod run here in town. Actually more late model stuff this year compared to last year. Not many 5th gens but plenty of 4 th gens. Hope to see some of you guys up here this weekend
Suprslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #1123
TNBADSS
 
TNBADSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Camaro SS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East TN
Posts: 27
I should get there around 11, depending on traffic.
__________________
2012 Camaro VR A6 SS
2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4
TNBADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #1124
Pima
 
Pima's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2ss/rs/1le vr.
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: cincinnati
Posts: 266
I am from cincinnati and cruised the 1le down to pigeon forge yesterday. We just got back from there today. I was hoping to see another 1le but no luck. There was alot of good looking camaros

Galaxy s3
Pima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #1125
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 96 S-10 LS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 16,452
Didn't get to go down, I was busy looking for a truck, which I found and bought.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gran Turismo 5... No Camaro? 5thGenOwner 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 111 12-06-2011 10:06 AM
Drag Racing Suspension Kits Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 25 02-21-2010 08:48 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
What is your favorite generation Camaro not counting the 5th Gen? cyberbro 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 69 04-08-2009 07:32 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.