Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 12-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #743
Mr. Brownstone

Drives: "SINISTER"
Hooters Club Meeting Yesterday only had 3 Camaros and 1 (Bad Ass) Corvette show. Everybody requested we just pick one day of the month and go with it so we picked the first Saturday of each month.

I realize we all have family, lives, obligations and things will come up unexpectedly. Those things are completely understandable, especially during this time of the year.

When we only have 3 members (Same 3) show up at the last two meetings, thats getting really pathetic.

If you guys have any suggestions please let us know, Until then, I vote we cancel the winter meetings due to weather and some peoples lack of interest.
G6x3 Camshaft...4:10 Gear, UD Pulley, RotoFab CAI, Stainless Works Long Tubes, Pfadt Sport Plus Suspension Kit, Cincy Speed Custom tune!!

Last edited by Mr. Brownstone; 12-04-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: text edit
Mr. Brownstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #744
the_breeze

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Hey guys, I,m sorry I could not make Sat. I think the first Sat of each Month is good idea. Maybe we should stop the meetings until March or April because of weather. We can start talking up the meetings this winter and get a fresh start this spring. I miss hanging out with everone!
the_breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #745
the_breeze

I am going on a trip with some Mustangs to Bristol Sat. We are meeting at 1:00 at Weigles off of the Strawberry Plains exit. We will be going to meet up with some other cars at Fuddruckers in Johnson City about 3:30. If anyone wants to go, please let me know. For more info go to www.bristolmotorspeedway.com and look under Speedway in Lights. Open to any kind of car.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #746
GMteSSted
000107, 000574 & 699059

Drives: 3 Pre-productions - Obsession!!
Bristol sounds like a good road trip....

As far as meeting, I say stick to the schedule of the first Saturday for now but take Jan - Mar off.

Maybe try some different meetings rather than just Hooters in 2012. I think planning on some of the car shows as a club would be good. Several of us have been to Somerset a few times. Cleveland is supposed to have a good monthly show. And don't forget Camaro Fest III in August...

The Breeze got me a name of a fellow in Anderson County that has a dyno. If we all could agree on a date, I'm interested in seeing if he will do a dyno day just to see what the cars are putting out. I know some of us use professional tuners but a local dyno day just for fun might be good.

There are a bunch of local Christmas parades and I see a bunch of car clubs participating in them.

And last and I'll be quiet, we have some of the best mountain cruising roads in the country. Nashville group has mentioned maybe a joint meeting half way between us.

Just some thoughts....maybe we should have an early January meeting to discuss events we might want to participate in as a club during 2012?
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #747
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
That sounds good to me.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #748
Bertha II

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 SW
Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMteSSted View Post
Bristol sounds like a good road trip....

As far as meeting, I say stick to the schedule of the first Saturday for now but take Jan - Mar off.

Maybe try some different meetings rather than just Hooters in 2012. I think planning on some of the car shows as a club would be good. Several of us have been to Somerset a few times. Cleveland is supposed to have a good monthly show. And don't forget Camaro Fest III in August...

The Breeze got me a name of a fellow in Anderson County that has a dyno. If we all could agree on a date, I'm interested in seeing if he will do a dyno day just to see what the cars are putting out. I know some of us use professional tuners but a local dyno day just for fun might be good.

There are a bunch of local Christmas parades and I see a bunch of car clubs participating in them.

And last and I'll be quiet, we have some of the best mountain cruising roads in the country. Nashville group has mentioned maybe a joint meeting half way between us.

Just some thoughts....maybe we should have an early January meeting to discuss events we might want to participate in as a club during 2012?
I agree with trying to coordinate some of our meets with some of the area car shows and cruise-ins, and not just meeting at the Hooter's in Maryville. I attended multiple cruise-ins this past summer in Rockwood, Harriman, Maryville, Somerset, Seymour and Neuberts in Knoxville. I posted information about the cruise-ins a few times in the summer, but only saw two in our group at the weekly Knoxville cruise-in. Also, I went to two different Christmas parades this past weekend and saw several G5 Camaros and a bunch of Vettes. Probably too late for us to participate in any Christmas parades, but maybe we could make plans for a 4th of July parade in a nearby community. We have the annual Cabin Fever show coming up on 1/13/12 (tentative) and then the Nashville car show at the Fairgrounds the next weekend. I was hoping to attend both, and maybe we could meet up there.
Bertha II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #749
the_breeze

Christmas at Bristol

Headed to Bristol Sat. Meeting at Weigles off of Strawberry Plains exit at 1:00. Meeting with others at Fuddruckers in Johnson City about 3:30. Get to drive up and down the drag strip and ride on part of the track. Might race a few Mustangs on the way. Any takers?
Old 12-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #750
GMteSSted
000107, 000574 & 699059

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_breeze View Post
Headed to Bristol Sat. Meeting at Weigles off of Strawberry Plains exit at 1:00. Meeting with others at Fuddruckers in Johnson City about 3:30. Get to drive up and down the drag strip and ride on part of the track. Might race a few Mustangs on the way. Any takers?
I would go but, My Daughter is dancing at Knox Auditorium Saturday evening.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #751
GMteSSted
000107, 000574 & 699059

Anyone else going to or showing at the cabin fever show? I'm thinking about getting in it. Last year there were lots of empty spaces but also bad weather. A row of Gen5's will look good.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #752
Bertha II

[QUOTE=GMteSSted;4139020]Anyone else going to or showing at the cabin fever show? I'm thinking about getting in it. Last year there were lots of empty spaces but also bad weather. A row of Gen5's .

Sounds good to me. Here is the only information I have found about it....

http://knoxvilleexpocenter.com/event...bLink=20E.24DE
Old 12-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #753
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
I may be interested in the cabin fever...

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #754
the_breeze

I may be interested in cabin fever.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #755
Bertha II

Cabin Fever Car Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMteSSted View Post
Anyone else going to or showing at the cabin fever show? I'm thinking about getting in it. Last year there were lots of empty spaces but also bad weather. A row of Gen5's will look good.

Here is more information regarding the Cabin Fever Car Show...

~Saturday & Sunday, Jan 14th & 15th at the Knoxville Expo Center
~Entry Fee: $35 before Jan 1st, $45 after
~Setup is Friday, Jan 13th from noon until 10:00pm
~First 200 to pre-register receive dash plaques and t-shirts
~Call 865-922-2171 for more information
www.cabinfevercarshow.net

If we can get enough interest in the next few days then maybe we can go ahead and register. We should be able to put all of the Gen5 Camaros together at the show. What do you folks think?

Old 12-11-2011, 08:20 PM   #756
GMteSSted
000107, 000574 & 699059

Sending in my entry in the morning......