Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
camarorad
Out of my way

Drives: RY 2SS/RS
transformer edition pricing

Just wanted to get some opinions on this deal:

2SS/RS, polished wheels, transformer option

MSRP $37,460

After going back and forth several times, his current offer is $36,200.

Edmunds states invoice is $35,491. He claims edmunds is wrong, and doesn't account for various fees (ad fees?) and claims to have an invoice of $36,100.

I head that people are getting invoice prices now, but what is invoice? If its what he says then I guess the deal's not bad but if its what edmund's says...

tia
camarorad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
jimmie.briseno

Drives: camaro
i have a 2SS/RS Transformers Edition with sunroof and MSRP was $37,670. I dont know what edmunds is but you need to base your decision off of the Chevrolet.com site for accurate pricing. and he is right that edmunds (I assume is like a bluebook site) does not account for dealership fees, taxes and a destination fee of ($850).
jimmie.briseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
caddycruiser

Drives: Demo's
Edmunds, KBB, etc. "invoice" is a general idea of a number, but doesn't account for things like the ad fees, etc. charged by manufacturer to dealer and that are therefore on top of whatever the invoice is. The extra $$ varies from car to car and dealer to dealer sometimes, even identical cars, depending on their contribution to it.

That said, the deal seems good--it is $1200+ under MSRP--and right at or a few bucks over invoice, just as the dealer says. The only way to confirm to your eyes is to see the invoice, but just seeing the numbers it is as they're telling you and the deal is good.
caddycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:52 AM   #4
cuspid

Drives: 04 z06 yellow
Don't complain they are asking msrp in florida. Go for it I would.
cuspid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
camarorad
Out of my way

thanks guys. I always get jittery with big purchases. I see what the general consensus is.

The other thing that madee me pause was that the car had 31 miles on it already. All the new cars I have bought in the past have had less than 15 at most, and most less than 10.

Is it common for Chevys to have this many miles?
Old 01-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
You may check with your bank if you are financing the car loan at what mileage a car is considered new.

I would think that if the car dealership has not sold it yet it would be considered new.

31 miles is really nothing. I know when I test drive a vehicle I will put about 20 miles on it.

Edmunds.com is a great place to start if you are buying a used car.

If you are not married to the Transformer edition why not see what kind of deals some of the dealers on this forum will give?
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:43 PM   #7
camarorad
Out of my way

haha you put 20miles on test drives? That's basically my morning commute.

Anyway, yeah it really is the transformer package or nothing. My 5 year olds went bonkers when they saw it in the showroom.