|01-10-2010, 07:10 PM||#1|
Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Join Date: Mar 2008
FS: 2008 VW Rabbit I5 2.5L 5MT, rare Shadow Blue color. Warranty! (RI/MA/CT)
2008 VW Rabbit S (aka Golf) with a 2.5 liter inline 5 cylinder engine and 5 speed manual transmission. The color is Shadow Blue, a somewhat rare color.
Located in RI (can meet in Worcester or Northeastern CT easily, too).
- 32,000 miles.
- Remote windows - open and close the windows with the remote control.
- Stereo plays mp3 CDs. You can dump hundreds of your favorite mp3s on a CD for over 10 hours of music without having to change the CD.
- OEM iPod dock in center console allows you to control your iPod from the stereo.
- Maintained per the manufacturer's schedule.
- 18,000 miles of original 50,000 mile VW bumper-to-bumper warranty left.
- New tires come with the car (not currently mounted). The tires that are currently mounted are almost worn out.
- Comes with the original VW wheelcovers (one is scratched), the replacement wheelcovers shown on the car, and a few extra wheelcovers that match the replacements.
- Minor aesthetic modifications and accessories can be removed before sale. There are two scratches, about two inches long, on the roof. I have touch-up paint for it. The rear window squirter is modified to squirt backwards to repel tailgaters and can be put back to stock behavior before sale. Other than that, the car is like new.
The Rabbit is a unique car. I love this car, but my needs have changed and I no longer need a dependable new car, nor the payments that come with it. I just want out of monthly payments. I'll sure miss it, though.
Its I5 engine can accelerate the car smoothly from idle if you like low RPM driving. If you like to rev it up, it sounds great and happily makes 170hp/177ft-lb torque. No Camaro for sure, but still nice.
The transmission is silky smooth. You can shift very quickly. The light clutch doesn't make your left leg tired in traffic.
If you don't fit well in compact cars, you will probably fit in this one. The interior layout feels similar to my full size pickup. I was startled the first time I sat in it and I was perfectly comfortable. It's the only compact car I've ever felt right in.
If you like a smooth comfortable ride, it's the right car. If you like a taut European ride, it's still the right car; it strikes the perfect balance. Handling is perfectly even; you can cause oversteer or understeer whenever you want, otherwise it does neither.
The backseat, unlike compact cars from American and Japanese designers, is quite comfortable for adults for long rides. I'm a big guy and I rode in the backseat for 3 hours while a friend drove, I was supremely comfortable.
There's huge aftermarket support for customizing and modifying this car. Whatever you want to do, you can do with off-the-shelf parts. There's also plenty of free modifications you can do, such as reconfiguring various automated behaviors using a Vag-Com cable with VCDS software. A partial list of what you can do with that setup is at http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7410 and you can find someone with the equipment to do it for free or nearly free at http://vagcomlocator.com.
Priced at $12,000 to sell. You won't find this deal anywhere else. Price is firm, it's what I need to get out of the car.
The original wheelcovers (also included):
Removing weight has surprisingly little effect on fuel economy
Engine break-in procedure | Gear ratios
2002 GMC Sierra 4x4 5.3 (190,000 miles and going strong)
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Forza 3 update - full car list & new trailer||Sean@Phastek||Off-topic Discussions||7||10-09-2009 11:00 AM|