Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #1
CRZ

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS RJT Camaro
Interior trim panel question..

I have a 1LT w/ the cloth covered interior trim.

I imagine the cloth is only on with adhesive, so I should be able to use some form of adhesive killer to get the cloth off and get down to what are basically transparent/translucent inserts.

Has anyone with a 2LT or 2SS painted these pieces? What kind of paint would you use to do the job?

I'm going to be working on a LED interior lighting group (footwells and a bit of trim lighting), and I figured if I'm in there running wires I may as well attempt to duplicate the door/dash ABL w/ the EL wire.

Apparently this requires some transparency in the trim, which is obviously something I can't do through cloth, thus the need to strip the cloth and paint the trim. Anyone have any advice?
CRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
CleanCutCreations

Drives: 2010 camaro
We have used a standard urathane basecoat/ clearcoat to refinish interior pieces in a shiny finish. Since they are cloth covered it my take some work to get the glue off. You MAY even need to sand/prime the parts prior to respray. I could get you some prices on this work if you need. Send me a PM.
CleanCutCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
CRZ

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS RJT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutCreations View Post
We have used a standard urathane basecoat/ clearcoat to refinish interior pieces in a shiny finish. Since they are cloth covered it my take some work to get the glue off. You MAY even need to sand/prime the parts prior to respray. I could get you some prices on this work if you need. Send me a PM.
Appreciate the response.

I've got one of those DIY expert pals that felt it wouldn't be a big deal until I told him about the desire to repaint/sand to allow the ABL project through.

After we take a closer look at these trim pieces I may very well be contacting you. Thanks again.
CRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #4
webslinger408

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss rs m6
i ordered my yellow trim panels and will be selling my silver ones for a good price please let me know if your interstead.
webslinger408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
You could order anything in the interior from us in Leather, Alcantara, Carbon Fiber, Hydro Carbon
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:51 PM   #6
1 BAD RS 2 SS

Drives: 2010 RS 2 SS
CRZ , do you have pics. of your door trim . ive not seen the cloth int. yet
1 BAD RS 2 SS is offline   Reply With Quote