Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Old 01-11-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
UberFlaco
Certified Zombie Hunter

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Angry Horrible Service @ BFXenon

Let me just begin by saying that BFXenon offers a great product. That's about the only nice thing I can say about the company. I have been dealing with Nick ever since I realized he sent me the wrong harness for my HID headlight kit. He promptly sent me the correct one. Later in the day I called him for advice assuming I had blotched the install on my HID fog lights. Nick walked me through some troubleshooting steps and came to the conclusion that I had received a defective bulb. He told me he'd send me a new pair and asked that I return the defective bulb, the bulb I didn't use, and the wrong harness. Seeing how I removed the wheel well plastic to make the installation easier, I can't drive my car until I receive the parts to finish the install. Friday I received the harness and the headlights look great. Seeing how I never got a confirmation for a second package being sent I called Nick today to inquire. He asked me to remind him of the situation and then stated that he had forgot to ship the bulbs. Due to the fact that the installation had been delayed awhile and I was extremely inconvenienced by not being able to drive my car I asked him to overnight it to me. He replied by stating he wasn't going to waste $40 on that. Now I again find myself staring at my car when I could be driving it. As I previously stated this company offers a great product, but I will never do business with them again and don't recommend anyone else does. Thank you for reading. If you feel I'm being overdramatic feel free to let me know.
UberFlaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Wow, that's horrible service.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Are they on this site?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
shad2009
"Cassie"

Drives: 2007 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to shad2009 Send a message via Yahoo to shad2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Are they on this site?
i hope so, so they can see the crappy customer service being given...thts appauling

Future Wheels - 2014 Ford Mustang GT & 2014 Chevy Camaro
shad2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #5
UberFlaco
Certified Zombie Hunter

I came across the company through this forum. Like I said, Good product but horrible service.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Ahuitzotl,

Like I said, I apologize for the inconveience. I alwasy stand behind everything I do and didn't hesitate to get you the replacement piece. As I stated, it was an error on my part not to ship the bulbs with the harness...but I did offer Priority shipping as it was already too late to ship next day. When I realized what time it was, I agreed to ship it next day so you could have it as soon as possible.

With that said, your replacement bulbs are on the way and I do appreciate your feedback!

Nick
BFxenon
BFxenon.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:46 AM   #7
67MellowYellow

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM M6
Stuff happens. At least they responded to the situation with what seems like a fair solution. Horrible service to me is when a vendor won't reply to email or voice mail on a problem. That said, I can understand your frustration with your car being torn down and undriveable. Lesson learned might be to test everything out first before taking a wrench to the car. After market products sometimes exhibit infant morlality failures or fit issues that you don't want to discover after it is installed.
67MellowYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:10 AM   #8
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
It's something in the water, I have run into more bad service with companies supplying stuff for this car.

I guess they forget we have a choice where we do business and can voice our opinion here.

Thanks for the heads up, glad people are not bashing you and sticking up for the vendor.

80/20 rule usually applies to life. Sorry you were in the 20% that receive crappy service.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:19 AM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
It's definitely not the worst I've seen. Heck, at least you got an apology and got the correct parts shipped to you. I recall one vendor from here who disappeared into the night with a couple grand (all taken care of and 3 members helped out) who was banned and his products removed.

People make mistakes.

Half the reason you are mad (...ONLY IMO) is because you decided to leave the wheel well apart which means no driving the car. You could have put back together, but decided not to. This isn't X's fault.

I'm not trying to upset anyone here either. Sure, a mistake was made. Crap happens. But, we get it taken care of. He apologized and corrected the mistake. Should you never want to do business with him again, ok. But, hope you see his end of the bargain was fulfilled.

ONLY my .02 cents.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #10
UberFlaco
Certified Zombie Hunter

Not being able to drive my car isn't the root of my frustration. I was totally cool with the mix up in sent items and the defective bulb. Like 67MellowYellow said "stuff happens". What got me was he fact that had I not called that light would still not have been sent and I'd still be waiting. Even worse, IMO, when I asked for overnight shipping Nick said "I'm not wasting 40 bucks on that". I found that extremely rude and that's when I became F'ing pissed. I can deal with mistakes but not disrespect.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
RS package comes with HID's, does it not? Just had to ask...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #12
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
His car is listed as a 2ss, no rs, therefore no HID. I understand the frustration but I have dealt with Nick in the past putting in my HID kit and had a problem with the wiring harness and a ground wire crimp. He was a great help and at one point said he would send a whole new kit. My .02
Old 01-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #13
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm
MISTAKES HAPPEN, HE TOOK CARE OF IT, MAYBE NOT AS QUICK AS YOU LIKED BUT WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME PERIOD. I HAD A GREAT WORKING EXPIERIENCE WORKING WITH NICK AND I DO RECOMEND BFXENON, NICE PRODUCT AND I FELT GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
urr2slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:46 PM   #14
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
His car is listed as a 2ss, no rs, therefore no HID. I understand the frustration but I have dealt with Nick in the past putting in my HID kit and had a problem with the wiring harness and a ground wire crimp. He was a great help and at one point said he would send a whole new kit. My .02
Case in point. If you want HID this bad, just go RS

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #15
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

I do apologize for that... must be that time of the month.. you know? I'll send you a free shirt!

*Hand Shake*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberFlaco View Post
Not being able to drive my car isn't the root of my frustration. I was totally cool with the mix up in sent items and the defective bulb. Like 67MellowYellow said "stuff happens". What got me was he fact that had I not called that light would still not have been sent and I'd still be waiting. Even worse, IMO, when I asked for overnight shipping Nick said "I'm not wasting 40 bucks on that". I found that extremely rude and that's when I became F'ing pissed. I can deal with mistakes but not disrespect.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #16
BarticusRu

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Send a message via Yahoo to BarticusRu
Kudos to Nick for responding.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #17
Partick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarticusRu View Post
Kudos to Nick for responding.
+1 sounds like he has tried to make it right...
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #18
UberFlaco
Certified Zombie Hunter

God hates me. Due to circumstances out of Nicks control I won't get my replacement bulb until early next week. Woe is me!
Old 01-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #19
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberFlaco View Post
God hates me. Due to circumstances out of Nicks control I won't get my replacement bulb until early next week. Woe is me!
What the hek happened?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #20
coolman

Sounds to me that you got pretty good service except for him forgetting the bulb, but no ones perfect. NO need to tring to ruin a guys rep over something so small.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #21
Lava
LSU Tigers!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Well, I bought a set from a member new in the box never installed. Nick went out of his way and calmed my worries down about purchasing a set of HID conversions without a warranty and told me he would personally warranty the purchase like it was new from him. I did the install by myself in less than an hour without having to take off a fender or anything. Almost the easiest mod I have ever done. Product performs and looks awesome. Thanks nick for going out of your way.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #22
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

My pleasure! Feel free to post some pics... I would love to see them installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava View Post
Well, I bought a set from a member new in the box never installed. Nick went out of his way and calmed my worries down about purchasing a set of HID conversions without a warranty and told me he would personally warranty the purchase like it was new from him. I did the install by myself in less than an hour without having to take off a fender or anything. Almost the easiest mod I have ever done. Product performs and looks awesome. Thanks nick for going out of your way.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:11 AM   #23
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
Thumbs up

I too, can attest to Nick's extraordinary customer service. My girlfriend ordered a set of fog lights and I had them within days. Unfortunately, the switch/wiring harness wasn't in the box...but a quick phone call and Nick had the missing items sent to me ASAP.

PS - Thanks again Nick and I'll let you know how I make out getting the fog lights to turn off with the highbeams so I can still pass PA's yearly safety inspection.

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:36 AM   #24
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
... Next time use UPS lol

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #25
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

Mental not taken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
... Next time use UPS lol