Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Old 01-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Review: Clear Image Headers

OK folks I am going to to try do get this right, SO PLEASE bear with me. I would like to do a review of Clear Image's New 2010 Camaro SS Headers. Dan Ferraro is the owner of Clear Image and also does most of the bending in his shop. He is well known in the Impala SS and Cobalt worlds for his headers. He decided a few months ago to get into the Camaro. He had started a thread a month ago mentioning his headers and was offering 5 people with an awesome deal so I jumped on it. He is a great person to talk to so when I began calling and bugging the crap out of him with tons of questions he didnt mind and answered every one. When I got the headers I was impressed and see why people rave about his work. The headers have 1 3/4in tubing which are T304 stainless and the welding is awesome. The flanges are straight and they have been grinded to ensure that. The CATS have a nice innovation where as the O2 sensor connection is in a small separate tube that pulls the sensor out of the exhaust stream a little which Dan says has been proven not to set that nasty Check Engine Light. Also the media inside the CAT is of a Hi Flow type so there shouldnt be any restriction in the exhaust. The collector is 3in with a O2 sensor placed in it with nice welding around where the tubing enters the collector. Dan says that the CATS are fitted to each collector before shipment so band clamps arent necessary but I asked for some anyway. Unfortunately I havent installed them yet because I am going to let someone else install them after the nightmare of installing LT's on my 4th Gen. I hope you guys enjoy the pictures and if you are interested in a set please call Dan up at Clear Image (425)251-0329.
Attached Images

2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB

Last edited by Coop; 01-12-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
BLK2SS

Drives: Black 2SS
Those are some good looking headers. Go ahead and do the install yourself, this was the easiest vehicle I've ever put headers on. They slip right in from the bottom.

10 Camaro 2SS
70 Nova
68 El Camino
BLK2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
JuicedSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Very nice looking headers. If I didn't already have the Dynatech's I would definitely consider these as I like the O2 setup. I remember reading about this before. Hopefully it will keep the check engine light off. Unfortunately, my check engine light has been on since installing the longtubes despite resetting it a couple of times. Oh well, nothing a Vector Motorsports tune can't fix.

I agree with BLK2SS. Save some money and do the install yourself. It is a very straight forward install.
JuicedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #4
MadMav

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6
Dan is top notch and the products he/they produce are even better. I ran his headers on my supercharged...then stroked Impala SS and the fit/finish/performance couldn't be beat. The customer service is even better!

I would love to see some before and after dynos of this header install!

Mav
Old 01-14-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
Coop

Yea I would like to see dyno #'s too but there isnt a dyno near me that I would trust.
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Old 01-15-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
Coop

For those who installed their own headers did you reuse the stock manifold gasket or get a new one?
Old 01-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #7
JuicedSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6
My new headers came with nice multi-layer metal gaskets, so I used them. The factory gaskets were still in good shape, though, so I don't see any reason why you could not reuse them.
JuicedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #8
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Those look sweet. Install them yourself and save some dough.
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #9
Coop

I might just do that but am thinking of getting some new exhaust gaskets. Does anybody know the part # for the LS3 gaskets?
Old 01-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #10
Revenant

Drives: '11 1SS LS3 and '90 240sx hatch.
subscribed
Old 01-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #11
Juice2SS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Three years later... lol