Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions All DIY projects & discussions

Old 06-20-2014, 09:48 PM   #1
omerc10696

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Exclamation Help! I think I accidentally drained the transmission fluid

I have a automatic 2010 2LT Last year I very easily and successfully changed my oil. Today I set out to change my oil again but after getting started I had something come up and had to rush. I quickly took out the bolt in the center of the pan on the bottom of my car, drained all the oil, changed the filter and filled her up with 6 quarts. As I started to drive I noticed her revving kind of hard at times, and a weird sound. I drove a few miles then back home again (had to pick up my mom from her doctor and drive her home), I then googled possible reasons my car would rev after an oil change and came across someone with a similar issue and people said some tranny oil must've been drained accidentally. That's when i remembered the instructions I followed last year while doing my oil change that said to be very careful about which nut you remove, i couldn't find that post anymore but looking up pictures on how to change the V6's oil the nut is on the side and not the one I took out.

Anyway how do i add transmission fluid back? What are the chances I caused serious damage to my transmission? (I drove about 8 miles, kept it slow and under 2k rev). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by omerc10696; 06-20-2014 at 09:55 PM. Reason: added "auto"
omerc10696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:29 AM   #2
Ron71

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convertible
So if you drained the tranny, but then filled your engine with oil, your engine would be twice as full as it should be as well.
Ron71 is offline   Reply With Quote