Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 10-09-2015, 11:58 PM   #1
demdej

Drives: 11' Camaro LT
High Wing Spoiler Install Question?? HELP!!

I bought the high wing spoiler used (pretty cheap) with no hardware. How in the world can I install this? What hardware should I use? I was told that I'm missing a main screw. I'm sure some creative person knows something that is able to work with this. I've tried contacting companies that sell the kit; however, they all state that GM does not sell hardware separately.

Man, anything helps smh
Attached Images

demdej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 01:00 PM   #2
yzark99
Photochopping your dreams

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
Are the holes on the risers threaded? It almost looks like they are smooth in the photos. I would shine a flashlight into those holes and eyeball if there are threads down deep. Please post what you find, and I can advise based on that.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 01:11 PM   #3
demdej

Drives: 11' Camaro LT
It is not threaded :( Apparently there are supposed to be screws in those holes as shown here
Attached Images

demdej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 01:21 AM   #4
yzark99
Photochopping your dreams

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
But what did they screw into inside of each riser?

You will probably need to install new bolts. Find some stainless steel ones that fit in the holes. You don't want these new bolts rusting. The riser with the big wiring hole should give you access to the screw holes, so you can install bolts with the head inside the spoiler, and the threads pointing outward.

The other riser probably needs a hole saw drilled into it to gain access to the backs of the mounting holes. To get a bolt in a screw hole, run some thread through the hole from the front side and catch it with some tweezers through the larger hole. Tie the tweezer end around the bolt and feed the bolt into the large hole, and out of the screw hole.

Each bolt will need to be long enough to get through the riser, enter the trunk lid, have a washer, and finally allow for a nut to hold the whole assembly on.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote