Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Old 01-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Carid & E&G classic grill review

I ordered the stainless fine mesh grill by E&G from Carid and here is some feedback I hope others find helpful.

Ordered on Jan 5 and received on Jan 12 with free shippping, packed very nicely and no dings or scratches. A+ for delivery.

Cost was very good for both the upper and lower portions when using the 10% code provided here, no shipping cost helped also. A+ for grill cost

Unfortunately the cost for installation almost cost me as much as the grill!
Cost for installtion was $311 at a chevy dealer with experience at installing aftermarket grills. I got a quote of $450 from a place I was referred to and I thought that was way too much. I was hoping to pay around $200 honestly, but after seeing the installation video I was glad to get out there at 3 bills. C- for install cost

Now I have seen where this unit is decribed as a replacement grill AND IT IS NOT! If you watch the installation link provided in this thread you see that it actually goes over the existing grill. So I believe, just my opinion, that the ad is misleading in this area. D for product description.

With that said the piece itself seems very well made, sturdy and well crafted. I asked the tech at the dealer that has installed two other models and he said this one was the best he had put on and that "it wasn't going anywhere" since it is not held on by claps or wire ties alone. The bow tie and SS badge went back on perfectly. A+ for product contstruction.

Can't say enough for how good I think it looks on the car so far. A+ for looks.

I would have to say I am very happy with the purchase experience with Carid. The only issue I have is that this is not a replacement grill and it is advertised that way. If I had not looked at the installation video I may not have realized.

The grill seems well built and looks great comes with a 3 year warranty. Installion cost can be high so consider this when ordering this piece.

I will post some decent pics as soon as I get it cleaned up in a day or two. And then I have to figure out how to get then on this thread!

Thanks JP
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote