Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 08-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
camarokidz28

Drives: 1996 z28
Question cylinder cut off question

We now that the L99 v8 has it but I was wondering if they bring out the Z28 could they use the cylinder cut off on a V8 with a supercharger on it?
camarokidz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I think we were told no, but let's hold off for someone in the know to tell us.

calling 3WhiteRag!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:22 PM   #3
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarokidz28 View Post
We now that the L99 v8 has it but I was wondering if they bring out the Z28 could they use the cylinder cut off on a V8 with a supercharger on it?
I don't think anyone but a GM engineer could give you a good answer on that. Anyone else would just be speculating.

My speculation is that it possibly could be available...lol I know thats a big help... but really we don't even know if there will even be a supercharged Z-28 yet. so that is the bigger question...

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Could they do it? Sure they could.

Realistically, would they put it on a high horsepower limited production version? I doubt it.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I believe Magnuson (?sp?) and Haddad Motorsports was trying to finalize PCM tuning with the AFM on their G8 with a 1900 on it. I'll see if I can post the link...
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:04 PM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3959

Well; there's at least some good info' here.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1337

This is a better one.

Still working on finding the thread I'm thinking of...
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
Old 08-18-2008, 03:16 PM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual

"BlownChevy
The Blower Guy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8>550i
Just out of curiousity, what does this do for gas mileage? Hate to see it go lower than the 16 mpg I'm getting stock.

We were seeing mileage numbers in the 26-27+ MPG range under NORMAL DRIVING conditions w/ the AFM. Once you push down on the load pedal, all bets are off."

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4049

There's some b*tching back and forth that I know nothing about, however, this is post # 18 in the thread.

Another one:

"haddadmotorsports
Site Sponsor
G8Board.com Sponsor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys please don't get caught up with the madness of which blower is going to make more power. The limitation exists in the car itself. Believe me this blower system is more than capable of making enough power to destroy just about every component on this car.

and soon enough we aim to prove that to you.

BTW we are making a smog legal, 30mpg , daily drivable, 460rwhp with this car at 6.4 lbs of boost. Wait till we get headers on it and push it to a whole 8 lbs of boost.

The only people who should even be waiting for the 2300 or talking about bigger blowers are those with plans of tranny and motor build ups.

For those of you who are ready for all that, we would be more than happy to start taking deposits on said build ups. Please give us a call with at least $20,000 on hand and we'll get the party started for you.

I've got at least 2 guys working the phones at the shop, so please don't everyone call at once for our stage 3 package.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

Post # 34
Old 08-24-2008, 11:43 PM   #8
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarokidz28 View Post
Of course they could, but why would they? It's been said that superchargers and AFM still get along nicely (unlike AFM+manual transmission), but does anyone who buys a 500+ hp car really care about fuel economy? Sure it would be nice to have 22 mpg on the highway with that, but I think most will understand the consequences of owning such a car. Besides, insurance is a bigger problem at that point than gas consumption.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now   Reply With Quote