Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, launch discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #101
DarkneSS


 
DarkneSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,701
Really? no low 13s on 12s yet? I'm going to try and change that...
__________________
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:00 AM   #102
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Really? no low 13s on 12s yet? I'm going to try and change that...
Well, supposedly there's a nitrous car in Mexico running mid 12s, but thats nowhere near official. But I'd love to see you in the low 13s or into the 12s! It would be a great step forward for the V6 community.

Speaking of which, I know there were a lot of you guys running at the track on saturday, because I saw you there! Get your timeslips posted so we can get these lists filled out a bit!
- X
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:03 PM   #103
xpanda305x
Banned
 
Drives: Dark Knight
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gunshine State
Posts: 3,162
whats the BEST RPM to launch or dump the clutch on the M6 V6?
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:46 AM   #104
02pewtersix
 
02pewtersix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpanda305x View Post
whats the BEST RPM to launch or dump the clutch on the M6 V6?
i feathered clutch between 2500-3k rpms. i was only able to run twice so i couldnt experiment. this is on the 1LT 18's. best 60' was 2.3x. still testing it out
02pewtersix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #105
chuckstacamaro
 
chuckstacamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 319
Bone Stock Camaro LS @ Camaro5 Fest Ran a 14.98@93.3mph
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #106
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckstacamaro View Post
Bone Stock Camaro LS @ Camaro5 Fest Ran a 14.98@93.3mph
Do you have a timeslip for that? I'd love to post it but I've gotta see a timeslip for it to be official.
- X
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #107
chuckstacamaro
 
chuckstacamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 319
When I get home I'll send the time slip. If you view the Camaro5 fest pictures there is three pictures of my car running the 1/4 mile at C5fest.
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:18 PM   #108
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckstacamaro View Post
When I get home I'll send the time slip. If you view the Camaro5 fest pictures there is three pictures of my car running the 1/4 mile at C5fest.
Oh, I don't doubt you ran, or that you ran the time you posted. But the rules are the rules.

Looking forward to that timeslip.
- X
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #109
chuckstacamaro
 
chuckstacamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 319
You can also see the pictures under My Garage
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:13 PM   #110
chuckstacamaro
 
chuckstacamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 319
How do I transfer an image to the post?
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:24 PM   #111
chuckstacamaro
 
chuckstacamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 319
Camaro LS Stock 14.98@93MPH

file://Camaro5Fest ET MPH.pdf

Well here's my time slip from C5 Fest. I hope this worked.
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #112
xpanda305x
Banned
 
Drives: Dark Knight
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gunshine State
Posts: 3,162
so the best rpm is 3k?
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:09 PM   #113
02pewtersix
 
02pewtersix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpanda305x View Post
so the best rpm is 3k?
i wouldnt say best. just have to test. feathering too much or not enough, tire pressure, track prep, these all need to be taken into consideration. not one car will launch the same. 3k i would say is a decent starting point.
02pewtersix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #114
mrray13


 
mrray13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: southern Illinois
Posts: 3,059
I need a 1/4 mile track...arrrggghhhhh..


I pulled a 13.92 @107 (i think it was 107) on my DashHawk the other night!! Comeon! Lmao...


Kudos to those who have a track, you lucky bastages...hehe
__________________
PacMan
mrray13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #115
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
I need a 1/4 mile track...arrrggghhhhh..


I pulled a 13.92 @107 (i think it was 107) on my DashHawk the other night!! Comeon! Lmao...


Kudos to those who have a track, you lucky bastages...hehe
quite being such a baby, get in the car and drive to a 1/4 mile track!

Just got back from a track rental... 5 hours away! AND it was a Mustang rental on top of it!! LOL

I've raced at tracks as far away as Orlando, FL...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:36 PM   #116
mrray13


 
mrray13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: southern Illinois
Posts: 3,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
quite being such a baby, get in the car and drive to a 1/4 mile track!

Just got back from a track rental... 5 hours away! AND it was a Mustang rental on top of it!! LOL

I've raced at tracks as far away as Orlando, FL...
I gotta find time from work too...weekends are our busiest time, lol. I will though, I promise!!


So now that I've had my pep talk....lol....
__________________
PacMan
mrray13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #117
Beauwulf

 
Beauwulf's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
quite being such a baby, get in the car and drive to a 1/4 mile track!

Just got back from a track rental... 5 hours away! AND it was a Mustang rental on top of it!! LOL

I've raced at tracks as far away as Orlando, FL...

So, how'd you do? Where there any '11 V6 Stangs there?
__________________
Beauwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #118
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauwulf View Post
So, how'd you do? Where there any '11 V6 Stangs there?
did ok... DA was similar to the FEST... best run was 14.3x... No 2011 V6 Stangs... just one 2011 Mustang GT though... Mike from Powerhouse Automotive had his less than 24 hour old 5.0 there! 100% stock, 3.31 gears.... I think it was the all season tires, but not sure... 21 miles on it... He ripped off a 12.94! Went to Atco on Saturday and ran an 12.7x!!

I did beat on the non-power adder V6 Stangs that were there though! LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #119
Beauwulf

 
Beauwulf's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
did ok... DA was similar to the FEST... best run was 14.3x... No 2011 V6 Stangs... just one 2011 Mustang GT though... Mike from Powerhouse Automotive had his less than 24 hour old 5.0 there! 100% stock, 3.31 gears.... I think it was the all season tires, but not sure... 21 miles on it... He ripped off a 12.94! Went to Atco on Saturday and ran an 12.7x!!

I did beat on the non-power adder V6 Stangs that were there though! LOL
Cool... but beating on the 240HP V6 stang is kinda like "beatin a dead pony.... er horse" isn't it? lol!
__________________
Beauwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #120
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauwulf View Post
Cool... but beating on the 240HP V6 stang is kinda like "beatin a dead pony.... er horse" isn't it? lol!
well... there was some trash talking before the event... Got to remember V6 Mustangs react better to bolt-ons... heck I got 10 RWHP gain on my Stang just from a simple muffler swap! LOL! So the bolt-on guys had intakes, tunes, gears, etc..... Think the closest anyone came was a 14.7....

I did however beat a 2005-2009 GT Vert though! (multiple times!)
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #121
Beauwulf

 
Beauwulf's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
well... there was some trash talking before the event... Got to remember V6 Mustangs react better to bolt-ons... heck I got 10 RWHP gain on my Stang just from a simple muffler swap! LOL! So the bolt-on guys had intakes, tunes, gears, etc..... Think the closest anyone came was a 14.7....

I did however beat a 2005-2009 GT Vert though! (multiple times!)
Well that's more like it! Represent!
__________________
Beauwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #122
INOTimmy
GT Hunter
 
INOTimmy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT 6spd Vic. Red
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 41
Hey what size wheel/tire are you guys running in the back? I've been shopping around for a set of lightweight wheels to throw some slicks on...I'm thinking 15x10 draglites, but i'm clueless on backspacing/offset.
__________________


"Now you know why people with big rims get laughed at. Clowns wear big shoes too, but they're supposed to be funny."

Last edited by INOTimmy; 05-20-2010 at 10:44 PM.
INOTimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #123
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by INOTimmy View Post
Hey what size wheel/tire are you guys running in the back? I've been shopping around for a set of lightweight wheels to throw some slicks on...I'm thinking 15x10 draglites, but i'm clueless on backspacing/offset.
My plan is to run lightweight 18s or 19s. The ones I'm looking at are about 21 pounds each.
- X
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #124
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,111
OK, so I need to do some learning....someone enlighten me!

I want to know about the times on the slip. So correct or inform me please.

The reaction time (R/T) on the slip is the time from when the tree turns green until you launch your car? And that reaction time is factored into the final 1/4 mile time correct? But all the other times on the slip (say the 60' for 1/8 times) don't factor in reaction time?

Do any of the numbers represent what the final 1/4 time is without reaction time? Thats what I'd like to know.

I'll throw this into a scenario. Mrray13 has a thread where he beat an older corvette in a 1/8 mile drag...but from the video you can clearly see he got a good jump on the corvette at launch. Would that faster reaction time have been factored into his overall 1/8 mile time and thus be the reason he had the faster time...or does it only measure from launch and not reaction time? (he was on a 1/8 mile track)
__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #125
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
OK, so I need to do some learning....someone enlighten me!

I want to know about the times on the slip. So correct or inform me please.

The reaction time (R/T) on the slip is the time from when the tree turns green until you launch your car? And that reaction time is factored into the final 1/4 mile time correct? But all the other times on the slip (say the 60' for 1/8 times) don't factor in reaction time?

Do any of the numbers represent what the final 1/4 time is without reaction time? Thats what I'd like to know.

I'll throw this into a scenario. Mrray13 has a thread where he beat an older corvette in a 1/8 mile drag...but from the video you can clearly see he got a good jump on the corvette at launch. Would that faster reaction time have been factored into his overall 1/8 mile time and thus be the reason he had the faster time...or does it only measure from launch and not reaction time? (he was on a 1/8 mile track)
Your reaction time is NOT factored into your ET.

I will go into more detail later... but that is the quick answer to your question.
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unofficial 1/4 Mile (V8) 2010+ Camaro Fast List Merc Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 250 04-01-2014 10:40 AM
Does the v6 have enough power? cstproductions Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 305 08-29-2012 09:27 PM
Modern Camaro Performance - Lowest Prices Anywhere! PartsTaxi.com Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests 0 11-03-2010 10:50 AM
Modern Camaro Performance Parts - www.PartsTaxi.com PartsTaxi.com Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests 0 10-06-2010 04:26 PM
Official 1/4 Mile 2010 Camaro Stock Pirelli's Fast List GQ4Life Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 17 07-07-2010 12:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.