Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2011, 07:31 AM   #841
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Final187 View Post
LOL...

I am uploading a pic of back of car with the 3010 marker the guy put on the front windshield only has 10 because the 30 got wiped off by wipers...


I can take a video next time I go, but I really couldn't care less if you believe me or not, I didn't post here to get on a list. I posted because I had a awesome night and wanted to share with my fellow v6 owners! There was a guy who just posted a 13.5 in similar conditions and no one questioned him when we have pretty much the same mods... its laughable! I guess its my low post count but i can say I have been apart of this forum for longer then my join date of 3/23/2011 but barley posted pretty much for this reason!
Are you running E85 like BMORECAM?


The reason we are questioning you is that this is a fantastic (almost unbelievable) run. We all want it to be true, but the V6 crowd gets enought crap on this site that we don't need a bogus time on the fast list. We are not saying it is bogus, we just want to make sure it is well documented so that it is easy to defend when a certain group of members start calling BS. Don't take it personally, because it isn't intended that way. Just take a look at all the non-Camaro owners that post hero times and videos in the Camaro VS section and you can see how out of hand it can get. No one knows what mods these cars have from a video, but they present it as the norm. In this section we try to keep it all upfront. If something seems to good to be true then we are going to question it. You should feel good we are questioning you because that means you made one FANTASTIC run. You should be proud.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #842
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Are you running E85 like BMORECAM?


The reason we are questioning you is that this is a fantastic (almost unbelievable) run. We all want it to be true, but the V6 crowd gets enought crap on this site that we don't need a bogus time on the fast list. We are not saying it is bogus, we just want to make sure it is well documented so that it is easy to defend when a certain group of members start calling BS. Don't take it personally, because it isn't intended that way. Just take a look at all the non-Camaro owners that post hero times and videos in the Camaro VS section and you can see how out of hand it can get. No one knows what mods these cars have from a video, but they present it as the norm. In this section we try to keep it all upfront. If something seems to good to be true then we are going to question it. You should feel good we are questioning you because that means you made one FANTASTIC run. You should be proud.
I was just getting ready to point out the E85 factor!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:36 AM   #843
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Mods in my sig..

13.5@104
BTW.. what track is this? Sorry, if the info is else where... BTW... your mods are no longer in your sig! LOL!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:37 AM   #844
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 8,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Final187 View Post
Tires used on the pass: 315/35 zr20 dws continental back stock front
Performance Mods (if any): Trifecta tune, Gibson exhaust, Bbk long tubes, Ingen cai, backseat and rear trim removal
Transmission: Auto
Category submitted for: Bolton
R/T.......... -.105
60'............. 2.022
330'........... 5.768
660'........... 8.827
660’ mph... 80.17
1000'..........11.476
1320'.......... 13.707
1320’ mph… 101.27
Name of the track: Palm beach international raceway
Date of pass: 8/19/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
BTW.. what track is this? Sorry, if the info is else where... BTW... your mods are no longer in your sig! LOL!

Florida
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #845
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 8,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Are you running E85 like BMORECAM?


The reason we are questioning you is that this is a fantastic (almost unbelievable) run. We all want it to be true, but the V6 crowd gets enought crap on this site that we don't need a bogus time on the fast list. We are not saying it is bogus, we just want to make sure it is well documented so that it is easy to defend when a certain group of members start calling BS. Don't take it personally, because it isn't intended that way. Just take a look at all the non-Camaro owners that post hero times and videos in the Camaro VS section and you can see how out of hand it can get. No one knows what mods these cars have from a video, but they present it as the norm. In this section we try to keep it all upfront. If something seems to good to be true then we are going to question it. You should feel good we are questioning you because that means you made one FANTASTIC run. You should be proud.



__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:46 AM   #846
Final187
 
Final187's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 black 2lt camaro
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: port st lucie, Florida
Posts: 36
yes i also have e85 tune, i said i had trifecta tune, i thought that was implied with the tune sorry if that caused the doubt!
__________________
Final187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #847
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Final187 View Post
yes i also have e85 tune, i said i had trifecta tune, i thought that was implied with the tune sorry if that caused the doubt!
No problem! That clears it all up. That is a fantastic run man! Way to represent the V6 crowd.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #848
Final187
 
Final187's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 black 2lt camaro
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: port st lucie, Florida
Posts: 36
Wednesday is another test and tune at pbir, if i can make it after work i would be glad to take video... But weather here sucks it is randomly raining at different parts of the day and different parts of the city. Also so i cant guarantee the track opening... That is also why i don't have a video of my runs that night, i didn't want to bring my nice camera, to be ruined by rain, because it was raining where i live and most of the drive down to pbir. The treasure coast club can back me up on that, and when i got to the track it was as if god said you must run today because the track was the only clear sky around!
__________________
Final187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #849
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 8,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Final187 View Post
yes i also have e85 tune, i said i had trifecta tune, i thought that was implied with the tune sorry if that caused the doubt!

That certainly does make a difference. Shows what can be done with some good fuel.

GREAT JOB.
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:58 AM   #850
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Final187 View Post
Wednesday is another test and tune at pbir, if i can make it after work i would be glad to take video... But weather here sucks it is randomly raining at different parts of the day and different parts of the city. Also so i cant guarantee the track opening... That is also why i don't have a video of my runs that night, i didn't want to bring my nice camera, to be ruined by rain, because it was raining where i live and most of the drive down to pbir. The treasure coast club can back me up on that, and when i got to the track it was as if god said you must run today because the track was the only clear sky around!
I know. Tracy has been trying to get my car to the track at Bradenton for a while but keeps getting rained out. I sure hope the Hurricane veers north of you guys (actually, I hope it goes back out in the middle of the Atlantic).
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #851
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Florida
was asking about bmorecam...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:01 AM   #852
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Final187 View Post
yes i also have e85 tune, i said i had trifecta tune, i thought that was implied with the tune sorry if that caused the doubt!
yeah, that would definitely change things... remember the LLT is technically not an E85 vehicle, so no way we would assume you are running E85... that's why we like as much details as possible...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:04 AM   #853
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90
 
67 GTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SE Pa.
Posts: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
was asking about bmorecam...
I believe Capitol raceway in MD.
__________________


GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:18 AM   #854
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 GTO View Post
I believe Capitol raceway in MD.
thanks... that would put his DA at about 1550....

Will be interesting to see if the E85 has any negative effects on the fuel system....
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unofficial 1/4 Mile (V8) 2010+ Camaro Fast List Merc Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 250 04-01-2014 10:40 AM
Does the v6 have enough power? cstproductions Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 305 08-29-2012 09:27 PM
Modern Camaro Performance - Lowest Prices Anywhere! PartsTaxi.com Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests 0 11-03-2010 10:50 AM
Modern Camaro Performance Parts - www.PartsTaxi.com PartsTaxi.com Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests 0 10-06-2010 04:26 PM
Official 1/4 Mile 2010 Camaro Stock Pirelli's Fast List GQ4Life Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 17 07-07-2010 12:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.