Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #1191
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
You 60' is about .4 seconds to slow. I'll go with SCRMING on this one..
probably not quite .4 seconds to slow... but at least .15 if not .2....
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #1192
formare
Suspension by Pedders
 
formare's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy Edition 13.71@102 1.95 60'
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicagoland (Crown Point, IN)
Posts: 1,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
probably not quite .4 seconds to slow... but at least .15 if not .2....
My logic is his car is lighter than mine and has posi with a solid rear axle. So he should be able to beat my 60' @ 1.95

1.8 sounds legit, so i was guessing .4 is the gap. It also sounded more spectacular than .15
__________________
My first Love. She was called "Miss Carriage" (still cry when I think about her)
383, Muncie 4 speed, custom linkage mated to hurst short throw shifter.
formare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #1193
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
My logic is his car is lighter than mine and has posi with a solid rear axle. So he should be able to beat my 60' @ 1.95

1.8 sounds legit, so i was guessing .4 is the gap. It also sounded more spectacular than .15
looking at some 3.7 times slips... looks like about 2.0 would be a good 60' for him. MAYBE a 1.95 on a sticky track, with a great DA... very doubtful for a 1.8...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #1194
formare
Suspension by Pedders
 
formare's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy Edition 13.71@102 1.95 60'
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicagoland (Crown Point, IN)
Posts: 1,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
looking at some 3.7 times slips... looks like about 2.0 would be a good 60' for him. MAYBE a 1.95 on a sticky track, with a great DA... very doubtful for a 1.8...

Fair enough...
__________________
My first Love. She was called "Miss Carriage" (still cry when I think about her)
383, Muncie 4 speed, custom linkage mated to hurst short throw shifter.
formare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #1195
Beauwulf

 
Beauwulf's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post


You need to not talk any more... and just keep it at what ever works best for you...
__________________
Beauwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #1196
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice
 
usa1camaro1969's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,640
For his gears being what they are, I don't see it being that horrendous.
__________________
I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
-Ricky Bobby
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #1197
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY
 
Wikedwil's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Latham N.Y.
Posts: 829
I had the bone stock title for a long time. gonna take it back on BF.
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #1198
2012 IngotSilver 5.0
FIVE.OH
 
2012 IngotSilver 5.0's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Mustang 5.0
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post


You need to not talk any more... and just keep it at what ever works best for you...
It's a known fact people that become disrespectful when they are unable to answer a question.

I always treated you with respect on this forum because you respected others. I see now that you have chosen another path and that this is no longer the case ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
Your 60' is about .4 seconds to slow. I'll go with SCRMING on this one..
Those times are bone stock auto/2.73's ("as delivered to the dealer"). So actually, the numbers are right where they should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
For his gears being what they are, I don't see it being that horrendous.
^Clearly, one of the most fact based posts here. For my set up, the 60's are dead on.

FINAL COMMENT
You know, I just came here to check out Camaro V6 drag times because I used to own a 10 V6 Camaro and still find the topic interesting. I wasn't here to start trouble/bust chops. Then I observed a problematic comment, so I respectfully asked a few questions. But that person become rude. Being over 50 and having spent 15 years drag racing all kinds of cars, I've become disinterested with that kind of behavior and misdirection.

So, I'm off this thread (feel free to insert "thumbs up's" and "AMENS!" here). Have fun with your cars peeps, and stay safe!
__________________
2012 Ingot Silver 5.0
Base/Stick
2012 IngotSilver 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #1199
jeff4946
 
jeff4946's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: slc, utah
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11BlackV6Stang View Post
It's a known fact people that become disrespectful when they are unable to answer a question.

I always treated you with respect on this forum because you respected others. I see now that you have chosen another path and that this is no longer the case ...



Those times are bone stock auto/2.73's ("as delivered to the dealer"). So actually, the numbers are right where they should be.



^Clearly, one of the most fact based posts here. For my set up, the 60's are dead on.

FINAL COMMENT
You know, I just came here to check out Camaro V6 drag times because I used to own a 10 V6 Camaro and still find the topic interesting. I wasn't here to start trouble/bust chops. Then I observed a problematic comment, so I respectfully asked a few questions. But that person become rude. Being over 50 and having spent 15 years drag racing all kinds of cars, I've become disinterested with that kind of behavior and misdirection.

So, I'm off this thread (feel free to insert "thumbs up's" and "AMENS!" here). Have fun with your cars peeps, and stay safe!
AWESOME! What's funny is a couple of people have mentioned a few forum names in Salt Lake, and the same topic comes up. Forums make big men out of small people.
__________________
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #1200
ROD1
Retired
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ithaca NY
Posts: 2,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedwil View Post
I had the bone stock title for a long time. gonna take it back on BF.
Cool Wiked. Upstate NY shall rule all once again !
Attached Images
 
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #1201
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD1 View Post
Cool Wiked. Upstate NY shall rule all once again !
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #1202
professor1967
 
professor1967's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Black SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: monticello,ga
Posts: 15
is amazed at some this times with some the mods that you guys have done .. i'm bone stock no mods 20 inch tires and automatic an running just has some of you with cai,headers, muffler changes and tunes.. im very confused where to spend money far as mods
professor1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #1203
HDRS
Fastest V6
 
HDRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS 06 G6 GTP conv.
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bensalem PA
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD1 View Post
Cool Wiked. Upstate NY shall rule all once again !
NOT SO FAST BIG GUY you still have to race me lol
__________________
1/4 Mile 11.841 at 113.98mph
SEPA5 /TEAM LLT
HDRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #1204
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90
 
67 GTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SE Pa.
Posts: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRS View Post
NOT SO FAST BIG GUY you still have to race me lol
This should be good. :fighting0040:
Attached Images
 
__________________


GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:03 AM   #1205
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 8,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by professor1967 View Post
is amazed at some this times with some the mods that you guys have done .. i'm bone stock no mods 20 inch tires and automatic an running just has some of you with cai,headers, muffler changes and tunes.. im very confused where to spend money far as mods

You need to post up some time slips to back the claims. If you are bone stock and running as fast as you say you are you would be at the top of the list for the bone stock category.
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #1206
formare
Suspension by Pedders
 
formare's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy Edition 13.71@102 1.95 60'
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicagoland (Crown Point, IN)
Posts: 1,845
What an interesting first post... reminds me of that one time in band camp.


Quote:
Originally Posted by professor1967 View Post
is amazed at some this times with some the mods that you guys have done .. i'm bone stock no mods 20 inch tires and automatic an running just has some of you with cai,headers, muffler changes and tunes.. im very confused where to spend money far as mods
__________________
My first Love. She was called "Miss Carriage" (still cry when I think about her)
383, Muncie 4 speed, custom linkage mated to hurst short throw shifter.
formare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #1207
ROD1
Retired
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ithaca NY
Posts: 2,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRS View Post
NOT SO FAST BIG GUY you still have to race me lol
Yeah and Im not very prepared this year lol
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unofficial 1/4 Mile (V8) 2010+ Camaro Fast List Merc Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 250 04-01-2014 11:40 AM
Does the v6 have enough power? cstproductions Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 305 08-29-2012 10:27 PM
Modern Camaro Performance - Lowest Prices Anywhere! PartsTaxi.com Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests 0 11-03-2010 11:50 AM
Modern Camaro Performance Parts - www.PartsTaxi.com PartsTaxi.com Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests 0 10-06-2010 05:26 PM
Official 1/4 Mile 2010 Camaro Stock Pirelli's Fast List GQ4Life Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 17 07-07-2010 01:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.