Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #981
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Still that is a good pass with that DA. Run that thru the DA calculator and I am sure you will be happy just need to find some cold air to get that good pass without the DA calc.
Yeah corrected it's 13.5 but I don't like corrected numbers since that isn't what my time slip says
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #982
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,715
The way my car pulls I have no doubt Ill hit 13.85 uncorrected with just this Vararam.

Great job Baylor!
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #983
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,997
Tires used on the pass: Stock Pirelli Rear, Hankook Front
Performance Mods (if any): Injen CAI, MRT V1, ARH LT Headers and Cats, 2.5" Entire System, Trifecta Tune, IAT Relocate, VMax TB
Transmission: A6
Category submitted for: NA
R/T.......... .1027
60'............. 2.1076
330'........... n/a
660'........... 8.9732
660’ mph... 78.81
1000'.......... n/a
1320'.......... 13.8697
1320’ mph….. 99.80
Name of the track: Temple Academy Dragway
Date of pass: 10/21/2010
Weather conditions 75 degrees, 1739 DA

__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #984
FirstCamaro19
 
FirstCamaro19's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brantford, Ontario
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred69 View Post
Holy so many in the thirteens! Congrats to all feels good to know its well capable, I just feel left out on the list now Haha, I hope next year I can pull a 13.xx off cause I know the car could... Then go crazy with somethin special
Next summer will be here before you know it.
__________________
Performance: Stainless Works LT 1 7/8 Headers - Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback - CAI Intake - Ported Throttle Body - Dyno Tune - DSS One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - BMR 1.4" Lowering Springs -TSP 235/239 Lumpy Stick

Cosmetics: Heritage Grill - LED Dome/License Plate/and Fog Lights -8000K HID Headlight - Painted Engine Cover - BMR 4 Point Strut Tower Brace

Audio: Scosche Dash Kit - Kenwood DNX6990HD w/Nav - Prefabbed Ported Box with 1 12" Alpine Type R - Alpine PDX M12 Amp
FirstCamaro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:52 AM   #985
Victoryred69
 
Victoryred69's Avatar
 
Drives: RS Victory Red/BS V6
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstCamaro19 View Post
Next summer will be here before you know it.

Yeah man for sure i want it sooner than later!! my cars already parked Lol

If you want to meet up and head down sometime im sure we can make a good day of it next year its cool to go with another Camaro, next year though ill be hoping for 12s.. if i can... 11s
__________________

2010 Camaro 2LT RS M6 VR/BS
Flowmaster AMT Axle Back
Vararam Ram Air Intake
P13 Plazma Bulbs
DT Shorty Headers
Heritage Grill
Blacked-Out Taillights and Side Markers




Victoryred69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:51 AM   #986
formare
Suspension by Pedders
 
formare's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy Edition 13.71@102 1.95 60'
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicagoland (Crown Point, IN)
Posts: 1,845
Thanks all - I feel like I'm cheating a bit. You guys are doing all the hard work with testing and research. I'm taking the bits that work and modding my car based on those. Love the forums... Again, thank you to all. These forums are a tresure of information.

Also, on the other site, I posted what I think might be a trick to get better times.
__________________
My first Love. She was called "Miss Carriage" (still cry when I think about her)
383, Muncie 4 speed, custom linkage mated to hurst short throw shifter.
formare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:14 PM   #987
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,997
My buddy didn't get video of the 13.8x run but did get one of my runs, against a sloooow truck

__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #988
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorAirForce View Post
My buddy didn't get video of the 13.8x run but did get one of my runs, against a sloooow truck

YIKES!... no way would I be that close to the guard rail!!! Very easy for a car to go up and over!

Nice job on the 13.8 though! DA wasn't that great here today....
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #989
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
YIKES!... no way would I be that close to the guard rail!!! Very easy for a car to go up and over!

Nice job on the 13.8 though! DA wasn't that great here today....
Yeah there is no decent track within 1.5-2 hours of Waco. This one is about an hour and is better than the one that is 30 mins away that has grass breaking through the strip at the 1/4 mark. However right when we got to this track on Friday there was a 10 sec car on its roof
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #990
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice
 
usa1camaro1969's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,640
Let me tell you about that track he ran at, Temple/Academy. I've raced there off and on since '93 when I had a '70 Chevelle. The track used to have a pedestrian bridge that went over the track about 300 ft from the start. I've driven through beer cans, ice cream cones, soda cups, all that were dropped from that bridge. You notice how close the guard rail is, well I had a friend with a vega wagon and an injected 427 that bounced his car off the guard rail twice and never let up(5-sec car in the 1/8th). He said if he lifted he would lose. I've seen cars climb over the rail and if they didn't have a chain-link fence they'd have ended deep in the stands. One of the first times I went there an El Camino was running and the guy had his windows cracked(Hot day). Well it wasn't good when the back window came sailing out and smashed against one of the light poles. I also saw a guy with a nitrous kit on his bike have a nitrous explosion and blow him off that bike while he was hauling the mail. This was the track that I was at last spring when they had a track stoppage and a guy climbed out of his rat-rod wearing his helmet, tank top, shorts and flip flops. I once took a '67 Camaro there and they never had me pop the trunk or hood at tech but they did have me pull my trim rings from my rally wheels.
And I love going there.
Sorry, missed you this weekend, Baylor(still trying to move). The weather report is looking better for this weekend.
__________________
I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
-Ricky Bobby
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:05 PM   #991
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Let me tell you about that track he ran at, Temple/Academy. I've raced there off and on since '93 when I had a '70 Chevelle. The track used to have a pedestrian bridge that went over the track about 300 ft from the start. I've driven through beer cans, ice cream cones, soda cups, all that were dropped from that bridge. You notice how close the guard rail is, well I had a friend with a vega wagon and an injected 427 that bounced his car off the guard rail twice and never let up(5-sec car in the 1/8th). He said if he lifted he would lose. I've seen cars climb over the rail and if they didn't have a chain-link fence they'd have ended deep in the stands. One of the first times I went there an El Camino was running and the guy had his windows cracked(Hot day). Well it wasn't good when the back window came sailing out and smashed against one of the light poles. I also saw a guy with a nitrous kit on his bike have a nitrous explosion and blow him off that bike while he was hauling the mail. This was the track that I was at last spring when they had a track stoppage and a guy climbed out of his rat-rod wearing his helmet, tank top, shorts and flip flops. I once took a '67 Camaro there and they never had me pop the trunk or hood at tech but they did have me pull my trim rings from my rally wheels.
And I love going there.
Sorry, missed you this weekend, Baylor(still trying to move). The weather report is looking better for this weekend.

Dang man that's crazy. Like I said, when we got there no one was ligned up and I thought what the heck is going on. Turned out a 10 sec car was flipped on its roof. I didn't see it but the guard rails looked fine and I think he was OK.

Anyways I think I'm going to try and make it out Friday again.
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:24 AM   #992
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,277
Ok, I've come to realize that the Las Vegas Motor Speedway is just a very slow track. At least on open nights. We had 11 Camaros show up, 10 SS's, and my v6. Not one SS that wasn't boosted could go faster than 14.1. Most went 14.4ish. The fastest was a SC'd SS who went 12.2 with lightweight 18" rims all around and DR's. Anyway, I'm going to try to make it out to a test and tune night, which is supposed to be prepped better, once I get my nitrous dialed in right. Still getting a choppy dyno reading.

So this is what I could do with what I have:

Manual transmission

Tires used on the pass: Stock SS rims and Pirelli tires
Performance Mods (if any): Injen CAI, Vmax TB, BBK LT, Corsa catback, Hurst SS, BMR trailing arms and bushings, Zex 100shot nitrous, Trifecta tune
Category submitted for: Boosted
R/T.......... .947
60'............. 2.396
330'........... 6.126
660'........... 9.164
660’ mph... 81.62mph
1000'.......... 11.734
1320'.......... 13.887
1320’ mph… 104.88mph
Name of the track: LVMS
Date of pass: 10/21/11
Weather conditions: (include Density Altitude, if known): 3242 feet
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:28 AM   #993
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,277
In regards to my 60' time, I know it sucks. Lol. I don't have a window switch, so I don't want to smash the gas too early. Next time i'm at the track, I'm going to run no nitrous, and dump the clutch at around 2.5-3k rpm to see if my rpms stay above the recommended rpm to spray. This way I'll be spraying right out the gate. Ideally I'd like to get my window switch put in, but I'm having a hard time getting time in at the shop that did my install. I may try to install it on my own.

Oh yeah, I also wanted to point out that other mustang GT's and c5 vettes were stuck in the 14's as well.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #994
jeff4946
 
jeff4946's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: slc, utah
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
In regards to my 60' time, I know it sucks. Lol. I don't have a window switch, so I don't want to smash the gas too early. Next time i'm at the track, I'm going to run no nitrous, and dump the clutch at around 2.5-3k rpm to see if my rpms stay above the recommended rpm to spray. This way I'll be spraying right out the gate. Ideally I'd like to get my window switch put in, but I'm having a hard time getting time in at the shop that did my install. I may try to install it on my own.

Oh yeah, I also wanted to point out that other mustang GT's and c5 vettes were stuck in the 14's as well.
Awesome poorman. It will only get better from there, right?
__________________
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unofficial 1/4 Mile (V8) 2010+ Camaro Fast List Merc Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 250 04-01-2014 10:40 AM
Does the v6 have enough power? cstproductions Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 305 08-29-2012 09:27 PM
Modern Camaro Performance - Lowest Prices Anywhere! PartsTaxi.com Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests 0 11-03-2010 10:50 AM
Modern Camaro Performance Parts - www.PartsTaxi.com PartsTaxi.com Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests 0 10-06-2010 04:26 PM
Official 1/4 Mile 2010 Camaro Stock Pirelli's Fast List GQ4Life Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 17 07-07-2010 12:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.