Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, launch discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #1976
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
Congrats. That blew away the second fastest stock time and saw a nice improvement on your 14.0x run.

Some of us Arkansas 5th Gens plan on coming down to No Problem this spring. You should pop over and run with us.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #1977
racergirl
Black Thunder
 
racergirl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LS Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Metairie, LA (LSU)
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Congrats. That blew away the second fastest stock time and saw a nice improvement on your 14.0x run.

Some of us Arkansas 5th Gens plan on coming down to No Problem this spring. You should pop over and run with us.
Thanks! I'll definitely run with y'all! Keep me updated on details. My dad and his friends rented out No Problem in the past. But since I go to LSU, State Capitol is only 20 minutes away from me compared to like an hour and something. I like both tracks.
__________________
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77
Performance Mods: CAI Intake
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #1978
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
Third time's a charm Same 2013 6 speed auto LFX Camaro. Front tires were at 42 psi and rear tires at 38 psi. Other passes were 13.970 @ 101.03, 14.031 @ 100.65, and 14.045 @ 100.14. We finally did it! Many thanks to the staff at State Capitol for doing a great job of prepping the track. Big thanks to some of y'all on here for the tips. And BIGGEST thanks to my dad, could not have done this without you

Tires used on the pass: BF Goodrich Radial T/A's
Performance Mods (if any): None
Transmission: 6 speed auto
Category submitted for: Bone Stock
R/T...……. .207
60'.........…. 2.083
330'......….. 5.892
660'......….. 8.990
660’ mph… 79.58
1000'......…. 11.680
1320'......…. 13.955
1320’ mph… 100.77
Name of the track: State Capitol Raceway
Date of pass: November 24, 2013
Weather conditions: 54*, sunny, 47% humidity, DA -700

Right Lane
Lol 2.0 with a "bone stock" car with BF Goodrichs at 38 PSI? 101 trap speed? Doesn't the 2LS have the 2.73 gears too? My old LLT was definitely making more crank than a stock LFX and DEFINITELY 5-10whp more and I trapped 100-101.

Bone stock
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #1979
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
Car #22

For Mr.Non-believer, this car is as bone stock as they come. My most recent passes last Sunday. Or for any non-believer, for that matter. I was born into drag racing; I'm no rookie. My dad has 70' Buick GSX runs mid tens and my grandpa owns a 99' pro charged Camaro SS which also runs mid tens. On these passes my dad and I were pushing for our thirteens, but the DA was not as optimistic as the drag times calculator. My dad's friend brought a weather station to check the DA at the track and it was about -500ft, and we also had 20-25 mph winds against the car. Good car, good weather, good driver. Some cars just run better than others
Ah thought so track error all the way around. 1.8 60' yet ran the same time.

Sorry but just look at all the other auto cars. Even ones with full bolt ons barely run low 14s. There is just no way a stock 2LS can crack 13s lol lets be real here. Absolutely track error OR you have a factory freak and need to get the car dynoed. The slips are the evidence.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #1980
racergirl
Black Thunder
 
racergirl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LS Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Metairie, LA (LSU)
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Ah thought so track error all the way around. 1.8 60' yet ran the same time.

Sorry but just look at all the other auto cars. Even ones with full bolt ons barely run low 14s. There is just no way a stock 2LS can crack 13s lol lets be real here. Absolutely track error OR you have a factory freak and need to get the car dynoed. The slips are the evidence.
First off the 2LS has 2.92 gears not 2.73 gears. Anyone who knows cars, or Camaros for that matter, would know that. State Capitol Raceway in Baton Rouge is a real dragstrip where they really prep the track. On the timeslip in question that shows the 1.84 60', look at the 60' on car #13; his front half of the timeslip was messed up too, no way that the 5.0 Mustang went 1.36 60'. The front half of the slip was messed up for both cars. Just look at the other timeslips; they all add up. $500 for anyone that can prove my car isn't bone stock, come down to State Capitol or No Problem.

P.S. How much does your car weigh with driver?
__________________
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77
Performance Mods: CAI Intake
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #1981
racergirl
Black Thunder
 
racergirl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LS Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Metairie, LA (LSU)
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Ah thought so track error all the way around. 1.8 60' yet ran the same time.

Sorry but just look at all the other auto cars. Even ones with full bolt ons barely run low 14s. There is just no way a stock 2LS can crack 13s lol lets be real here. Absolutely track error OR you have a factory freak and need to get the car dynoed. The slips are the evidence.
The last time I checked the bolt-on list, the automatics were running 13.40s-13.70s. What list were you looking at?
__________________
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77
Performance Mods: CAI Intake
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #1982
62nalide


 
62nalide's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlighteningYou View Post
Not tryng to be rude, but what possible skills come into play when driving and AUTOMATIC trans car? lol. there is one pedal and hold on.
I never say or start drama but this comment has go to be one the most retarded one of 2013 I've seen
__________________
VVT cam equipped.
N/A 6.2L 7.10s @ 100mph in the 1/8!
11.26 @ 124.11 mph in the 1/4
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #1983
62nalide


 
62nalide's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
First off the 2LS has 2.92 gears not 2.73 gears. Anyone who knows cars, or Camaros for that matter, would know that. State Capitol Raceway in Baton Rouge is a real dragstrip where they really prep the track. On the timeslip in question that shows the 1.84 60', look at the 60' on car #13; his front half of the timeslip was messed up too, no way that the 5.0 Mustang went 1.36 60'. The front half of the slip was messed up for both cars. Just look at the other timeslips; they all add up. $500 for anyone that can prove my car isn't bone stock, come down to State Capitol or No Problem.

P.S. How much does your car weigh with driver?
Let them think what they want, congrats on your times, some people think its just about slamming the pedal to the floor lol

DA plays a good role here just like any car will run great with good DA, your car ran it and you posted prof I remember Trw427ss ran 11.52 on a L99 with bolt ons and many people off the forum has been saying that there is no way he can be running those times lol
__________________
VVT cam equipped.
N/A 6.2L 7.10s @ 100mph in the 1/8!
11.26 @ 124.11 mph in the 1/4
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #1984
racergirl
Black Thunder
 
racergirl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LS Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Metairie, LA (LSU)
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
I never say or start drama but this comment has go to be one the most retarded one of 2013 I've seen
Thank you!!! Another person that gets it!
__________________
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77
Performance Mods: CAI Intake
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #1985
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,442
I had a look at the DA for that run time it was -921', so it's possible.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #1986
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 7,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
I had a look at the DA for that run time it was -921', so it's possible.



With that kind of DA that is HUGE for our little V6. We need every little HP we can get.
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #1987
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
With that kind of DA that is HUGE for our little V6. We need every little HP we can get.
Equally as good for the Big Brother V8 as well.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #1988
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
First off the 2LS has 2.92 gears not 2.73 gears. Anyone who knows cars, or Camaros for that matter, would know that. State Capitol Raceway in Baton Rouge is a real dragstrip where they really prep the track. On the timeslip in question that shows the 1.84 60', look at the 60' on car #13; his front half of the timeslip was messed up too, no way that the 5.0 Mustang went 1.36 60'. The front half of the slip was messed up for both cars. Just look at the other timeslips; they all add up. $500 for anyone that can prove my car isn't bone stock, come down to State Capitol or No Problem.

P.S. How much does your car weigh with driver?
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
The last time I checked the bolt-on list, the automatics were running 13.40s-13.70s. What list were you looking at?
99% of Camaro owners in general have no idea what the rear gear ratio is on a 2LS what are you talking about? I'm sure it is a real drag strip and all but the fact is most stock auto V6s run mid to high 14s and most bolt on auto cars run low 14s. Combined with that you have a 2LS with the "fuel economy" gears and you have the heaviest stock rim they ever offered which are even HEAVIER than the RS/SS 20s wrapped with the least sticky drag tire you could possibly find. On top of that your time slip has errors. How are you going to try and call it legitimate when half of it is messed up? That is like failing a test with a 50% and trying to argue you deserve a 100% because you did half the test perfectly.
And I know the times very well. Those cars are on the FAST list first of all and most of them are full bolt on, full bolt on + drag radial cars. And look at what they trapped, an average of about 100.7. Look at what the stock cars trap, about 96 on average.
I spent 3 years in the V6 "game" and raced my car a ton of times along with a bunch of people on this forum and there is just no way an auto V6 is running 13s stock. I think you're the victim of a messed up track or like I said you have some kind of factory freak and need a dyno.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #1989
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 7,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
99% of Camaro owners in general have no idea what the rear gear ratio is on a 2LS what are you talking about? I'm sure it is a real drag strip and all but the fact is most stock auto V6s run mid to high 14s and most bolt on auto cars run low 14s. Combined with that you have a 2LS with the "fuel economy" gears and you have the heaviest stock rim they ever offered which are even HEAVIER than the RS/SS 20s wrapped with the least sticky drag tire you could possibly find. On top of that your time slip has errors. How are you going to try and call it legitimate when half of it is messed up? That is like failing a test with a 50% and trying to argue you deserve a 100% because you did half the test perfectly.
And I know the times very well. Those cars are on the FAST list first of all and most of them are full bolt on, full bolt on + drag radial cars. And look at what they trapped, an average of about 100.7. Look at what the stock cars trap, about 96 on average.
I spent 3 years in the V6 "game" and raced my car a ton of times along with a bunch of people on this forum and there is just no way an auto V6 is running 13s stock. I think you're the victim of a messed up track or like I said you have some kind of factory freak and need a dyno.



Nobody believed me 3 years ago when I ran a 13.7 @ 103 either when using just my INJEN and MRT 2.0 on stock 19's. But I have the time slips too.

Was I ever able to repeat that........nope. Not until recently when I added more bolt ons, and added my smaller dia drag radials.

Was it a freak of a day at the track 3 years ago. Were the stars aligned. Who knows. All I can say is if she said she made that pass stock and has the slip to prove it GREAT, who should any of us be to argue that point. What's the difference, it is not like we are being paid to be at the top of the list.

The LFX makes good HP. With that DA she was making good power. With that gear ratio she probably rolled out perfect and had no spinning.

Let it go. Especially since you have now moved on to a V8 and have no coin in this race anyway.
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #1990
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,736
Trust me when I say I really don't care. I just think its funny to call people out on BS and see them try to defend it.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #1991
racergirl
Black Thunder
 
racergirl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LS Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Metairie, LA (LSU)
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Trust me when I say I really don't care. I just think its funny to call people out on BS and see them try to defend it.
You're the only one who thinks it's BS, and if you claim that you don't care, why did you even bother opening your mouth in the first place? Quit harping on that one timeslip. Seriously. We ALL know that the front halves were messed up but the et's and mph's were correct. I have 10 other timeslips to prove how fast I went from that day. My two 13 seconds runs were nearly four weeks on Nov 24 and they were completely correct. You never answered how much your car weighed with driver. As rtcat600man put it just let it go, you've moved on.
__________________
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77
Performance Mods: CAI Intake
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #1992
racergirl
Black Thunder
 
racergirl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LS Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Metairie, LA (LSU)
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
99% of Camaro owners in general have no idea what the rear gear ratio is on a 2LS what are you talking about? I'm sure it is a real drag strip and all but the fact is most stock auto V6s run mid to high 14s and most bolt on auto cars run low 14s. Combined with that you have a 2LS with the "fuel economy" gears and you have the heaviest stock rim they ever offered which are even HEAVIER than the RS/SS 20s wrapped with the least sticky drag tire you could possibly find. On top of that your time slip has errors. How are you going to try and call it legitimate when half of it is messed up? That is like failing a test with a 50% and trying to argue you deserve a 100% because you did half the test perfectly.
And I know the times very well. Those cars are on the FAST list first of all and most of them are full bolt on, full bolt on + drag radial cars. And look at what they trapped, an average of about 100.7. Look at what the stock cars trap, about 96 on average.
I spent 3 years in the V6 "game" and raced my car a ton of times along with a bunch of people on this forum and there is just no way an auto V6 is running 13s stock. I think you're the victim of a messed up track or like I said you have some kind of factory freak and need a dyno.
Dug this up just for you. Car #13 is the 5.0 and I'm #22. Raced against him two different times. Timeslip on the left is the non-faulty one, the right is the faulty one.
Attached Images
 
__________________
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77
Performance Mods: CAI Intake
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #1993
62nalide


 
62nalide's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Trust me when I say I really don't care. I just think its funny to call people out on BS and see them try to defend it.
From the looks of the post seems like you do care lol
What does your ss run again?
__________________
VVT cam equipped.
N/A 6.2L 7.10s @ 100mph in the 1/8!
11.26 @ 124.11 mph in the 1/4
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #1994
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,442


__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #1995
racergirl
Black Thunder
 
racergirl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LS Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Metairie, LA (LSU)
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
99% of Camaro owners in general have no idea what the rear gear ratio is on a 2LS what are you talking about? I'm sure it is a real drag strip and all but the fact is most stock auto V6s run mid to high 14s and most bolt on auto cars run low 14s. Combined with that you have a 2LS with the "fuel economy" gears and you have the heaviest stock rim they ever offered which are even HEAVIER than the RS/SS 20s wrapped with the least sticky drag tire you could possibly find. On top of that your time slip has errors. How are you going to try and call it legitimate when half of it is messed up? That is like failing a test with a 50% and trying to argue you deserve a 100% because you did half the test perfectly.
And I know the times very well. Those cars are on the FAST list first of all and most of them are full bolt on, full bolt on + drag radial cars. And look at what they trapped, an average of about 100.7. Look at what the stock cars trap, about 96 on average.
I spent 3 years in the V6 "game" and raced my car a ton of times along with a bunch of people on this forum and there is just no way an auto V6 is running 13s stock. I think you're the victim of a messed up track or like I said you have some kind of factory freak and need a dyno.
P.S. Two more things. One: according to Camaro5 wiki, the 18" steel wheels and BF Goodrich tires weigh 251.6 lbs, the 20" alloy wheels with the P Zero tires weigh 260.6 lbs. Two: you still didn't answer the question of how much your v6 weighed with you in it.
__________________
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77
Performance Mods: CAI Intake
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #1996
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,567
Lot's of people run at the same track and they get great times with negative DA. However, there doesn't seem to be anything that is super extraordinary. Look at the fast lists for the stock LS3 and L99. The fastest cars are well below (3-4 tenths) the magazine times for those cars. The magazine times for the LLT (less power) were around 14.3, so why is so surprising someone who knows how to drive and got good air ran 3 tenths faster? It isn't like she ran good times once. She's posted several very low 14s time slips. I see no reason to doubt her times just because she broke the record. Hope she or someone else does it again.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #1997
Camarojt

 
Camarojt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Allen, Tx
Posts: 1,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlighteningYou View Post
Not tryng to be rude, but what possible skills come into play when driving and AUTOMATIC trans car? lol. there is one pedal and hold on.
You sir are clueless! Let me guess, you drive a stick but are slow at that therefore taking credit from any automatic that goes faster than you dem fair?
If that's all there was to it then there would be such a small margin of difference between all auto cars with like mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
I'm sure it is a real drag strip and all but the fact is most stock auto V6s run mid to high 14s and most bolt on auto cars run low 14s.

I spent 3 years in the V6 "game" and raced my car a ton of times along with a bunch of people on this forum and there is just no way an auto V6 is running 13s stock.
She had extremely good DA, and sounds like she knows her way around the track. When you have raced for years or been around racing a long time, you know a lot of the little things that makes car run a touch better than your counterparts.
You say most stock Auto V6's run mid to high 14's, so it MUST be that her car is mistaken right?

Most bolt on only SS cars run mid 12's but I run mid 11's so at some point, it all comes into factor. Strong car, good DA, experienced driver! Nuff said.

Maybe in your 3 years in the V6 game you didn't run that fast, that doesn't mean she can't?

Not to mention, she threw out a challenge of $500 to prove her wrong. Either put up, or shut up!

Congrats on the times and I hope you go faster just to shut the doubters up!
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #1998
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
From the looks of the post seems like you do care lol
What does your ss run again?
It pulls mid to high 12s cars with an intake and cut outs but at the track the way it is probably low 13s with a 12.8 12.9 possible with a perfect launch. My rim/tire set up is heavier than stock by a decent margin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Lot's of people run at the same track and they get great times with negative DA. However, there doesn't seem to be anything that is super extraordinary. Look at the fast lists for the stock LS3 and L99. The fastest cars are well below (3-4 tenths) the magazine times for those cars. The magazine times for the LLT (less power) were around 14.3, so why is so surprising someone who knows how to drive and got good air ran 3 tenths faster? It isn't like she ran good times once. She's posted several very low 14s time slips. I see no reason to doubt her times just because she broke the record. Hope she or someone else does it again.
Those mag times were with the manual tranny, the autos ran 14.5ish. The manuals put down 15whpish more so viola to no surprise they run a couple tenths quicker and trap a couple MPH higher. All I'm saying is the 100 MPH trap is suspect. Had it have been a 13.9-14.0 run with a 1.875(probably not possible) or 1.9 60' foot you wouldn't have heard shit from me. Trap requires power. Which is why in my first post I said DYNO this shit! Because its probably a factory freak if its truly bone stock which is awesome. Its gotta be making around 265-270 wheel and those cars typically dyno 245-250 if memory serves me.
Race girl since its a 2013 did you buy this car new or used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarojt View Post
She had extremely good DA, and sounds like she knows her way around the track. When you have raced for years or been around racing a long time, you know a lot of the little things that makes car run a touch better than your counterparts.
You say most stock Auto V6's run mid to high 14's, so it MUST be that her car is mistaken right?

Most bolt on only SS cars run mid 12's but I run mid 11's so at some point, it all comes into factor. Strong car, good DA, experienced driver! Nuff said.

Maybe in your 3 years in the V6 game you didn't run that fast, that doesn't mean she can't?

Not to mention, she threw out a challenge of $500 to prove her wrong. Either put up, or shut up!

Congrats on the times and I hope you go faster just to shut the doubters up!
If she was closer I'd go rent a V6 and we'd hit the track but alas I'm too far. If someone in the area is willing I might be willing to pay for the rental at least just because I did come on here and run my keyboard. I aint doing no $500 though.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #1999
racergirl
Black Thunder
 
racergirl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LS Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Metairie, LA (LSU)
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
It pulls mid to high 12s cars with an intake and cut outs but at the track the way it is probably low 13s with a 12.8 12.9 possible with a perfect launch. My rim/tire set up is heavier than stock by a decent margin.


Those mag times were with the manual tranny, the autos ran 14.5ish. The manuals put down 15whpish more so viola to no surprise they run a couple tenths quicker and trap a couple MPH higher. All I'm saying is the 100 MPH trap is suspect. Had it have been a 13.9-14.0 run with a 1.875(probably not possible) or 1.9 60' foot you wouldn't have heard shit from me. Trap requires power. Which is why in my first post I said DYNO this shit! Because its probably a factory freak if its truly bone stock which is awesome. Its gotta be making around 265-270 wheel and those cars typically dyno 245-250 if memory serves me.
Race girl since its a 2013 did you buy this car new or used?


If she was closer I'd go rent a V6 and we'd hit the track but alas I'm too far. If someone in the area is willing I might be willing to pay for the rental at least just because I did come on here and run my keyboard. I aint doing no $500 though.
Car was bought brand new. And I went 99.97 trap speed at +700 DA, so it was a given that I'd have a higher trap speed in negative DA. Again, still haven't answered my question of how much your v6 weighed with driver?
__________________
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77
Performance Mods: CAI Intake

Last edited by racergirl; 12-26-2013 at 09:24 AM.
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #2000
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Those mag times were with the manual tranny, the autos ran 14.5ish. The manuals put down 15whpish more so viola to no surprise they run a couple tenths quicker and trap a couple MPH higher. All I'm saying is the 100 MPH trap is suspect. Had it have been a 13.9-14.0 run with a 1.875(probably not possible) or 1.9 60' foot you wouldn't have heard shit from me. Trap requires power. Which is why in my first post I said DYNO this shit! Because its probably a factory freak if its truly bone stock which is awesome. Its gotta be making around 265-270 wheel and those cars typically dyno 245-250 if memory serves me.
Race girl since its a 2013 did you buy this car new or used?
Actually, one magazine tested an automatic 2010 Synergy Green and ran 14.2 if I remember right. Everyone thought it was a fluke or that they Synergy Greens made more power than the others.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unofficial 1/4 Mile (V8) 2010+ Camaro Fast List Merc Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 250 04-01-2014 10:40 AM
Does the v6 have enough power? cstproductions Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 305 08-29-2012 09:27 PM
Modern Camaro Performance - Lowest Prices Anywhere! PartsTaxi.com Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests 0 11-03-2010 10:50 AM
Modern Camaro Performance Parts - www.PartsTaxi.com PartsTaxi.com Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests 0 10-06-2010 04:26 PM
Official 1/4 Mile 2010 Camaro Stock Pirelli's Fast List GQ4Life Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 17 07-07-2010 12:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.