Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Super Chevy joins Hotchkis for Camaro Track Test

Super Chevy joined us for our recent track test, and already has a teaser photo up on their blog.

For more of our pictures, and for test results, check out our Hotchkis Sport Suspension Facebook Page or this thread

To learn more about our products, visit us at:

www.hotchkis.net

Last edited by Hotchkis; 01-25-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
I am very close to pulling the trigger on your Camaro TVS system....

Do the bump stops need to be trimmed?

Who can you recommend in the SoCal area that has installed your kit on 2010 Camaro? I prefer one who can install and do alignment at the same place.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:53 AM   #3
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
what a great day!
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Nice
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:37 PM   #5
Hotchkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
I am very close to pulling the trigger on your Camaro TVS system....

Do the bump stops need to be trimmed?

Who can you recommend in the SoCal area that has installed your kit on 2010 Camaro? I prefer one who can install and do alignment at the same place.
ffrcobra - pull the trigger! We designed this kit to not require trimming of the bump stops. We have spent countless hours developing a balanced spring set that doesn't bottom out, stays quiet, and stays loaded in the struts. We have found that some of our competitors have shortened their extended spring lengths causing the spring to come unloaded and move out of position when the car is jacked up.

In Southern California you could have something like this installed at Performance Plus in Long Beach. They are a full service shop and are a dealer of ours. If that shop is not convenient let us know where you are and we can search for another.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:30 PM   #6
Garrett
G-Man

Drives: 2ss Aqua Blue Mettalic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotchkis View Post
ffrcobra - pull the trigger! We designed this kit to not require trimming of the bump stops. We have spent countless hours developing a balanced spring set that doesn't bottom out, stays quiet, and stays loaded in the struts. We have found that some of our competitors have shortened their extended spring lengths causing the spring to come unloaded and move out of position when the car is jacked up.

In Southern California you could have something like this installed at Performance Plus in Long Beach. They are a full service shop and are a dealer of ours. If that shop is not convenient let us know where you are and we can search for another.
I have pulled the trigger and purchased the sway barback in September and the the underbody brace in December. But I have been waiting since The beginning of December for the springs. They have been backordered .
Are they available yet? I am anxios to get this done.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #7
Hotchkis

Garrett -

I'll check for you. Hold tight.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
Hotchkis

Garrett -

They said they should be shipping by Jan 29th. Sorry about the hold up.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #9
Garrett
G-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotchkis View Post
Garrett -

They said they should be shipping by Jan 29th. Sorry about the hold up.
Thank you for checking on this for me.
I was going to wait for the springs but just couldn't anymore so
I put my Hotchkis under body brace on last night along with my new 21 inch wheels.
The install of the body brace was very easy and the directions were easy to follow. I did it in my garage on jack stands with hand tools, took less than an hour total. Very light weight and it looks great in my opinion. Nice job guys.
I can't wait for the springs and I am set.
Thanks again
Old 01-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #10
Hotchkis

Garrett -

I'm glad the brace install was easy. We try hard to think about installation along with the performance when we are designing our parts.

When you get your springs on, please send us a picture of your car, or post it to our Facebook fan page.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:17 PM   #11
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Super Chevy loves to show how their featured cars ( modded older muscle cars) handle better than the 2010 Camaro. They use .85g skid pad numbers for the 2010 Camaro.

Most the testing I've seen the 2010 Camaro does better than that.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:42 PM   #12
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Super Chevy loves to show how their featured cars ( modded older muscle cars) handle better than the 2010 Camaro. They use .85g skid pad numbers for the 2010 Camaro.

Most the testing I've seen the 2010 Camaro does better than that.

They explained that it was due to the track being about 50 degrees for the lower numbers on the 2010. Who cares what has been posted before. Hotchkis showed with and without there products on the same day. They posted an improvment to show their product works. That was the point of the test.
Hesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:16 PM   #13
Hotchkis

Nicely put Hesh -

It's always a risk to post test numbers. That's why so few companies post real numbers. We are not comparing 2010 Camaros to supercharged Corvettes or stock Challengers, we just wanted to show that the numbers with our suspension are better than without.

We took all the cars to the same track, on the same day, and made the tests as similar and objective as we possibly could. We used the best GPS and track timing equipment we could find, and we've given you the numbers exactly as we got them.

We love the 2010 Camaro and we love older muscle cars so we're all about improving both!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #14
Garrett
G-Man

I was finally able to complete my setup today. Already had the sways and brace just needed springs. Well recieved my Hotchkis springs about a week or so ago and it was finally nice enough today to get to shop. Ride so far has been great. A little firmer but not a rough or uncomfortble ride and no bottoming out as others have said about other springs.
Attached Images