Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #76
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Convert-ables

This type of car (2011 camaro convertible), likely will define, the MOST ultimate/attention getting car that has ever been built in a long time.

I would be certain the retractable top will be engineered/designed as best as possible without it adding 10k to the price tag.

I have always liked verts being it means your car is ultra-customized and it's also useful to people who prefer to just cruise around.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #77
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
I think the color combo is ass but I think thats probly a modified coupe and a roof builder changed the car. The trailer hitch is there for diagnostics equiptment especially because its a convertible and theyll trough stress and torsion sensor all over the place. I cant wait to see a summit white with hugger orange stripes. Im sure by the time it arrives itll be really nice. Convertibles are weird only a few cars look good with the top up. The impact of a convertible design is always at its best top down. The third gen camaro convertibles are one of the cars that looked really good with top up or down. The 4th looked like crap up.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #78
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

Let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?

There was the first picture of a Camaro without Cammo -- in a garage -- very fuzzy------

.........the world was coming to an end because it was uglier than - well - God only knows - but people were having strokes.............

........hmmmmmmm........I seem to remember that I tried to calm everyone down.................

Then there were the headlights..........

.....I believe we actually had some people turn themselves into vegetables when they completely stroked..............

........hmmmmmmm........I seem to remember that I tried to calm everyone down.................

Then there was the SS front fascia.........

Rumor had it that it was SOOOOOOOOOO ugly that small children would run screaming from the garage............

There were the pictures from Europe of the interior (with the infamous 'Shunt' label) -------

"....ugly as sin -- will never sell! ..." was the declaration of the month.......

COULD THERE BE A PATTERN HERE????

:bangdesk::bangdesk::bangdesk::bangdesk:

TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #79
eltati

Drives: camaro black
This car on hard to is already big (its an ok looking car), but in the convertible version, the rear end looks even fater, ew!!! its ugly (even knowing its pre-production)
eltati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #80
pony
Noth'n to do with Mustang

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltati View Post
This car on hard to is already big (its an ok looking car), but in the convertible version, the rear end looks even fater, ew!!! its ugly (even knowing its pre-production)
Translation:: Honey (or Fbod)....Does this top make my ass look big???

We all know how that answer ends up in the household!!!
pony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #81
tonytahoe

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
I am always on the site checking to see for updates on the 'vert,so this is great to see.I could have a coupe right now,but I have kept the faith that Chevrolet would not let us open air guys down here in Florida down.It looks like we were right.--The work on the mules goes on.COOOOOL!!!!
tonytahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #82
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

Let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?

There was the first picture of a Camaro without Cammo -- in a garage -- very fuzzy------

.........the world was coming to an end because it was uglier than - well - God only knows - but people were having strokes.............

Then there were the headlights..........

.....I believe we actually had some people turn themselves into vegetables when they completely stroked..............

Then there was the SS front fascia.........

Rumor had it that it was SOOOOOOOOOO ugly that small children would run screaming from the garage............

There were the pictures from Europe of the interior (with the infamous 'Shunt' label) -------

"....ugly as sin -- will never sell! ..." was the declaration of the month.......

COULD THERE BE A PATTERN HERE????

:bangdesk::bangdesk::bangdesk::bangdesk:

I vote YES..................definitely a pattern...................but I guess I would expect nothing less until the cars are being shipped............or at least in CTF in my garage and I can post real nice pictures................but I've done my begging so we'll see about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
Convert without a hard top in 2010 looks cheeeap
Lets see a "grab a picture with probably a camera phone while I see a car on GM property" photo of a pre prototype car and you want to make a judgement?

Quote:
Hi Fbod,

Wanna avoid these steps? Go right to production for the convert and Z28 right now!

No steps, no wait, no problems, happy customers, GM making money. yeeehaa!
If only it worked that way..........................I like how you think though

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
Only once, and it was a beamer, with the inset rear window, looked slick.
Ok, then one...........so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richochet83 View Post
The convertible is ugly to me. It does this car no justice. It needs to remain a hard top. NOW...maybe if it was a hard top convertible it would be alot better. But the rag top on that body style is just bogus.
It will remain a hard top. GM isn't stopping the coupe and replacing it with a convertible. It is a choice for those that love convertible driving. And although no one will believe me, hard top convertibles aren't always pretty either. All they do is give you a quieter cabin. And by the way, a hard top would take up 100% of the trunk with the top down. Every hard top does this. The XLR? No trunk space with the top down. G6? Golf clubs go in the back seat with the top down. They are not perfect either.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:59 PM   #83
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Lets see a "grab a picture with probably a camera phone while I see a car on GM property" photo of a pre prototype car and you want to make a judgement?
Haha yeah - just an iPhone pic. But it was parked in plain site infront of the building.

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #84
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Yep, hiding in the open. It was a good catch, and glad you could post it. Just don't want people judging THIS car. It is verrrrry early.

Trust Fbodfather. He has not told you wrong.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #85
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Agreed 100%. Like I said way back on page 1 or 2 - the intent of posting the pics were to get everyone motivated that the convertible is coming.

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #86
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
I think the convertible is going to come out great...for one this car always looks better in person

i mean the car is dirty not polished missing emblems and not done...i'm confident that by the time its show ready its going to be a showstopper
Old 01-22-2010, 10:41 PM   #87
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Convert without a hard top in 2010 looks cheeeap
Yes, it is cheaper. Lighter too. I can't imagine too many people will buy a 4300lb SS 'vert that costs ~$45,000 US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmin haraga View Post
I like the looks
but I fear the safety loss...
any chance for a hard top?
No

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:22 AM   #88
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
there should never be a hard top camaro. cars with hard tops are slow and expensive. both of which is not what a camaro is.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:19 AM   #89
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Yes, it is cheaper. Lighter too. I can't imagine too many people will buy a 4300lb SS 'vert that costs ~$45,000 US.

No
If an Opel Tigra did have a hard top, I guess you can make a cheap enough one on the Camaro.

Ok, the hard top Tigra was a commercial fail, ok, I don't even like converts, however, I feel like hard tops are the normal evolution for converts, for comfort, safety, durability ...

What about a soft top V6 and hard top V8?
Old 01-25-2010, 06:26 AM   #90
FC_GIBB

Drives: 2012 Impala LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by born-to-fish- View Post
gotta luv that reciever hitch as well......LOL
exactly what I was thinking

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "'The United States of America", for an amount "up to, and including my life". That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it.
FC_GIBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #91
Steeler NY

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
This type of car (2011 camaro convertible), likely will define, the MOST ultimate/attention getting car that has ever been built in a long time.

I would be certain the retractable top will be engineered/designed as best as possible without it adding 10k to the price tag.

I have always liked verts being it means your car is ultra-customized and it's also useful to people who prefer to just cruise around.
Thanks!! you said it all!

I have a 4th gen vert and I love it!!! I think (AND THIS IS MY OPINION) it looks great with top up or down!!!!

I can't wait to get my 5th gen vert! I have been waiting a long time for this and its great to see them getting closer to reality!

And to all who think it looks terrible!..... thanks for your OPINION!
Steeler NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:07 PM   #92
rodjonathanss

Drives: 2014 Black 2SS/RS
i never like verts i sure hope the put the top under sth when it goes down like the germans do and not have it sit there on top like the mustangs and older camaros
rodjonathanss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:13 AM   #93
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
I think the convertible is going to come out great...for one this car always looks better in person

i mean the car is dirty not polished missing emblems and not done...i'm confident that by the time its show ready its going to be a showstopper
I agree. I think its gonna get some serious sales numbers.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:21 AM   #94
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPER20X View Post
I agree. I think its gonna get some serious sales numbers.
At least initially. There is more pent up demand (relatively speaking) for Camaro 'verts than for coupes. Though I've gotta say, the Camaro looks pretty good as a convertible (so long as the top is down) so maybe it will buck the trend a bit. Time will tell.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #95
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodjonathanss View Post
i never like verts i sure hope the put the top under sth when it goes down like the germans do and not have it sit there on top like the mustangs and older camaros
Uh the corvette does also, along witht he Sky and Solstice, and other GM cars... It isn't just the Germans...

Yes it would be nice to have a hard cover for the soft top, or have a folding hardtop and HUD and screen nav system and ect... ect.... but every time you add something it is going to bump up the price. Chevy wants to keep this an Everyman's car. Not just a car only the rich can afford...
The more people that can afford this car the more potential sales you will have.. as far as I am concerned not having any of those things people are wanting in this thread would not be a deal breaker...

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #96
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
GM can and has done hardtops...the G6 is an "affordable" example. But, it would be heavier, eliminate any trunk space, and does not look as good (IMO).

Hardtops have weird lines and don't look as good as soft tops...The 3 series looks funny and the new Lexus is horrible.

Verts always look better with the top down, but the Camaro pulls it off with the top up too.

And remember that most of the "problems" mentioned in this thread don't take into account that this is not a production vehicle...I know it is clearly stated several times, but people don't pay attention
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #97
Steeler NY

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherR View Post
GM can and has done hardtops...the G6 is an "affordable" example. But, it would be heavier, eliminate any trunk space, and does not look as good (IMO).

Hardtops have weird lines and don't look as good as soft tops...The 3 series looks funny and the new Lexus is horrible.

Verts always look better with the top down, but the Camaro pulls it off with the top up too.

And remember that most of the "problems" mentioned in this thread don't take into account that this is not a production vehicle...I know it is clearly stated several times, but people don't pay attention
You said it all!!!
Steeler NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #98
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Yeah that's just pre-production... I'm sure if everyone here posts that they want it to be a hard top convertible there's time and money to make the switch.

Not.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:10 AM   #99
Juan S. V.-L. Ramirez

Drives: camaro, 300c hemi, z4 35i, insignia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mifbody View Post
Saw this parked infront of one of GM's buildings across from the Tech Center on 12 Mile Rd between Van Dyke Ave and Mound Rd. Was on my way to Kerby's Coney Island for lunch when I saw it parked - told my coworkers we had to turn around and stop so I could take pictures LOL. It's the first one I've seen here in Michigan but I've heard rumors of people seeing them around town already. I haven't been keeping up on Camaro spy shot news so I don't even know if these pics are really all that new. Figured I'd share either way, though.

Disclaimer: These are without a doubt pictures of a mule, not a production model. This is a test car! GM could not care less what it looks like, they only care about the mechanical aspects of it.

Here they are:

Attachment 87765

Attachment 87766

Attachment 87767

Attachment 87768

Have you noticed?
on those early 2010 pics they use an euro-spec-review-mirror on the drivers side already (see attached pic, marked one for the quoted post from 2010)
Attached Images

Juan S. V.-L. Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote