Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
FutureCamaroOwner

Drives: White 1SS/Black Stripes
Pics of red aftermarket halos?

Hey guys im looking for upclose and distant pics of red aftermarket halo's. Do you guys have any? Thanks

-Travis
FutureCamaroOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
philthy

Drives: 1969 Chevelle/2010 Camaro 2LT

Pre-ordered November 17, 2008
Delivered May 14, 2009
philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
FutureCamaroOwner

I have and im pretty much coming up with the same pics. I'm more interested in up close becuase the ones i have seen were taken from camera phones
Old 01-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #4
zsuns

Drives: All Blacked Out 2010 2LT Camaro
I have one picture of my old red halos, kinda blurry sorry!!

Unfortunatley about a week after I installed the fog light halos (at first I only had the headlight halo's installed) , I was pulled over...gave me a fix it ticket and even brought out the law book of nevada showing me that it is illegal to have red or blue lights in headlights. Now I mightve been cited for the wrong thing since these were halo's, not the actual headlights. Either way the ticket was 300$ if I didn't take them out or 20$ to cut the wire to keep them from lighting up. I made the decision of cutting them out, 300$ is steep. My suggestion is if youre going to get the red ones, if you have them on at night then keep both the head and foglights on because i got pulled over with the halos on and fogs off. The fogs are a pain in the ass to get in(involves sawing open the light) so I say just get the headlight halos, have them on during day but at night if you have them on turn on the headlights.
zsuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
iwanttogofastNY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM
http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...letcamaro.aspx
Mods: American Racing Headers & Exhaust, Airaid Intake, Pfadt Front/Rear Sway Bars, Stealth Bulbs, AAC LED bowtie, AAC Concept LED Side-markers ABM/Tinted, 20% Tints, Chuck COW Tune, MGW shifter (blue with white racing stripes).

Coming Soon: 4:10 Gears?
iwanttogofastNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
They are illegal, at least if your moving.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #7
zsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
They are illegal, at least if your moving.
Yeah, atleast the red ones are. When the officer showed me the law it said something like white and amber were actually the only colors legal for those sort of things. I really wasn't aware of it and even after getting pulled over if the cost was less steep maybe around 50 bucks or so I would've kept them just because I didn't want three days of long hard work to go to waist.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #8
FutureCamaroOwner

I too live in Vegas and my idea is to run the hid fogs ad the red halos at the same time. Is that illegal?
Old 01-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #9
zsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCamaroOwner View Post
I too live in Vegas and my idea is to run the hid fogs ad the red halos at the same time. Is that illegal?
Well the halo's are illegal no matter what, but with the HID fogs over the halo's then you probably would be fine because you wouldn't be able to see them as much. I mean Im fully convinced that if i wouldve had my fogs on when the halos were on I wouldnt've gotten pulled over. And I forgot to mention the only reason they pulled me over in this case is because i was making a u-turn as an officer was in the right turn lane so my halos flashed right at him--if an officer just see's them on like the opposite side of the street at a stop light or something they wont do anything, happened to me plenty of times.