Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #85
SGOS252382


 
SGOS252382's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 6,300
I don't fall for all that stuff about the Camaro being "new", as a justification for a premium price (MSRP). That thinking doesn't work in the long run.

From what I've been reading a new Mustang is set for 2011 or so. The rumor is the Mustang GT will have upwards of 400hp and a new body style. If GM prices the V8 Camaro too high, it will leave the door wide open for the next Mustang (which will now be the "new" car on the block).


I'm sure the Ford executives are hoping GM moves the price up as high as possible on the new Camaro. That will suit them just fine.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:58 PM   #86
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout
 
Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 593
Ron Tonkin Chevrolet
122nd & Burnside
Portland Oregon

They said they will be at or below MSRP but I'm kinda leary about dealing with them due to my last encounter with them and my 2001.

And Pencil If you hear more about quantity discounts up in WA lemme know I wouldn't mind a scenic drive to get my new car.
Bumble Bee '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:41 AM   #87
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z
 
chadrcr's Avatar
 
Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fallon NV
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
That sucks...but then we ought to get A LOT of them up here (relatively speaking)!!!!! I can't turn my head without seeing one, not that that's a bad thing. Beauty of a car.
If you are driving a Cobalt........ of course you can not turn your head without seeing one.

I have not seen too many Cobalts here in Area 51 I mean northern NV.
__________________

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:37 AM   #88
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 27,607
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrcr View Post
If you are driving a Cobalt........ of course you can not turn your head without seeing one.
Touche
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:23 AM   #89
RCowan
 
RCowan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: H-town
Posts: 156
This strategy isn't going to work. The dealer who gouges you this month will be the one with the best deal next month. You have to check all the ones near you close to the time you are going to buy and preferably the last week of the month when they are all scrambling to meet the sales targets you don't know about. You will never know who really needs to sell that car this month. And if you really want to get a decent deal on the new Camaro, wait at least 6 months until after its out. Look what happened when the new Mustang came out. There was a huge demand in the beginning, deals were nigh impossible to get, then 6 months later it was back to reality.
RCowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #90
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!
 
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wichita, Ks.
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCowan View Post
This strategy isn't going to work. The dealer who gouges you this month will be the one with the best deal next month. You have to check all the ones near you close to the time you are going to buy and preferably the last week of the month when they are all scrambling to meet the sales targets you don't know about. You will never know who really needs to sell that car this month. And if you really want to get a decent deal on the new Camaro, wait at least 6 months until after its out. Look what happened when the new Mustang came out. There was a huge demand in the beginning, deals were nigh impossible to get, then 6 months later it was back to reality.
Could be true, but only time will tell. And I will let you know that it is even better time to buy at the end of a quarter!
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #91
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith
 
Txturbo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rosenberg,Texas
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 View Post
Could be true, but only time will tell. And I will let you know that it is even better time to buy at the end of a quarter!
Especially the end of the last quarter, like the week between Dec. 25th and Jan 1.
__________________

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:10 PM   #92
RCowan
 
RCowan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: H-town
Posts: 156
Thumbs up

What they said. Work it!
RCowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #93
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down
 
Jiu Jitsu Jon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 406
I think we should all just go for test drives when they come out, and then if they won't match MSRP, walk out. I think eventually they'll get the point. Please, don't screw yourself and others by overpaying, the dealers will charge what they can get away with.
__________________
BITCHIN' CAMARO, BITCHIN' CAMARO!
Jiu Jitsu Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:40 PM   #94
CamaroSSforme
Got my two
 
CamaroSSforme's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - RJT/Black
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 431
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSSforme
Lannan Chevrolet of Lowell
831 Rogers Street
Lowell, MA 01852
(978) 735-2041

Willing to let me order as soon as ordering guide is out with assurances of not charging more than MSRP.
CamaroSSforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:13 AM   #95
tsg1391
 
Drives: 79 formula 'bird, 5th gen soon
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 View Post
The way the market is right now, you bet your ass that dealers are not going to low ball this great car, doesn't Chevy and this car deserve MSRP? I say it does. Car dealers and salesmen(me included) have to already hoe out a new car just to sell it. I hate selling new cars sometimes. tell me if you could live of a 100.00 commission even if you sold 12 of them a month, or even 16, after taxes, didn't think so. And trust me Chevy does not have a lot in mark up in cars. Any discount at all usually guarantees me a mini deal, after the dealership gets hold back and pack, nothing their for the man on the front line. and forget the fact just because we sell cars that some how we a inherently evil.
i am in central oklahoma right now, and i may have to make the drive up to wichita to buy from you guys if you can promise msrp(which is what it sounds like you guys are doing). do you guys have a list right now?
tsg1391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:02 AM   #96
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down
 
Jiu Jitsu Jon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 View Post
The way the market is right now, you bet your ass that dealers are not going to low ball this great car, doesn't Chevy and this car deserve MSRP? I say it does. Car dealers and salesmen(me included) have to already hoe out a new car just to sell it. I hate selling new cars sometimes. tell me if you could live of a 100.00 commission even if you sold 12 of them a month, or even 16, after taxes, didn't think so. And trust me Chevy does not have a lot in mark up in cars. Any discount at all usually guarantees me a mini deal, after the dealership gets hold back and pack, nothing their for the man on the front line. and forget the fact just because we sell cars that some how we a inherently evil.
I'll drive to Wichita to buy one from YOU if you're selling them for MSRP.
__________________
BITCHIN' CAMARO, BITCHIN' CAMARO!
Jiu Jitsu Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #97
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!
 
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wichita, Ks.
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsg1391 View Post
i am in central oklahoma right now, and i may have to make the drive up to wichita to buy from you guys if you can promise msrp(which is what it sounds like you guys are doing). do you guys have a list right now?
I have my own list of customers, and the only promise I made to them was; 1. when my inventory manager gets the order guide lines I would call them ASAP 2. That they could order to their liking, with no guarantee of time of arrival, and it will be at MSRP. I will not take deposits until you have order your Camaro.
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #98
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!
 
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wichita, Ks.
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon View Post
I'll drive to Wichita to buy one from YOU if you're selling them for MSRP.
Selling at MSRP is the only way we sell them here!

Side note; if we would have been lucky enough to get an allocation for the ZR1, I think we may have made an exception, maybe.

SEE YOU SOON!!

Last edited by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010; 07-07-2008 at 12:11 PM.
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
arizona, arizona dealer, florida, louisiana, massachusetts, missouri msrp dealer, so cal dealers, www.camaroscotty.com

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Price Gouging Dealers KILLER74Z28 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 1520 08-24-2015 02:50 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
GM Dealers Tamper With Customer Satisfaction Surveys AConn General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 15 08-28-2009 10:00 AM
Help Me Pick An Economy Car Marosolid Off-topic Discussions 75 07-11-2009 06:41 AM
Any new news from dealers on taking deposits elvism Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 36 08-12-2007 01:49 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.