Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
rhunley14

 
Drives: Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Monroe Ga
Posts: 863
Pfadt springs and sways installed

Purchased the Pfadt springs and sway bars through the group buy around Christmas. Finally got around to installing these and boy do they make a difference. The car to me handles alot better and the look is unbelievable. Pictures do not do this justice. I would recommend for people who are wanting to replace tires and rims to wait until they get this done before they make a decision. I have already committed to 5500.00 worth of tires and rims(22's) and If i would have waited I would have just done springs and sways and put the rest back into the performance of car. Just my two cents..Excellent product..Here are a few pictures. Let me know what you guys think..



rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
BUMBLEB
IN GOD WE THRUST
 
BUMBLEB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RY 2SS RS M6 TVS2300
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: PARKER,CO
Posts: 267
But wait till fist part of Feb PFADT will have out the adjustable camber plates which you will need so you will have to pull back apart and re align

Looks Damn good almost as good as mine LOL
__________________
BUMBLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
BlownSS

 
BlownSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 1,761
click free

__________________
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
rhunley14

 
Drives: Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Monroe Ga
Posts: 863
Billy thank you..Bumbleb your ride looks great with factory rims too..I wish man I would have waited..but we will see how 22s look..
rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,375
Car looks great! We are happy to hear you are pleased with the revised look and feel of the car now. And just as a teaser:



Yes these will be available very soon. A recent scheduled test of these parts and a lot of others, got snowed out So its taking a bit longer than anticipated. Thanks!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
Z_Rocks

 
Drives: a Jet :-)
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Car looks great! We are happy to hear you are pleased with the revised look and feel of the car now. And just as a teaser:



Yes these will be available very soon. A recent scheduled test of these parts and a lot of others, got snowed out So its taking a bit longer than anticipated. Thanks!
What is this for and how does it fit into your Camaro "Package"?
Thanks!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #7
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,375
My mistake Z_Rocks, I was referencing BUMBLEB's previous post, but failed to quote it. These are our Pfadt adjustable camber plates for the front of the Camaro. When installed, these will accomodate well over an extra degree of negative camber for racing purposes, as well as providing a quick, repeatable, and easy way to adjust camber on your car when installing drop springs or coilovers. Let me know if you want any more info regarding these. Thank you for inquiring!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:07 AM   #8
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,838
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Damn. I need to take a freaking class.

OP, is there a super noticeable difference in cornering? Or is it fairly subtle?
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:05 AM   #9
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!
 
tjd24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NW NJ
Posts: 3,445
I went with Pfadt Sport Sway Bars as well - see this thread for my post - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60477

I noticed an immediate performance gain in cornering with the Sport Sway Bars installed - my 2LT Camaro held curves tighter, the front end was level and there was no understeer I could feel.

I appreciate the time Aaron Pfadt spent with me to understand sway bars / springs / coil overs - his explanations plus the references from so many camaro5 members made going with Pfadt products the clear choice. Next up is are the coil overs in the Spring/Summer once the summer Pirellis are back on...
__________________
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/tjd24 http://ny5thgen.com/TJD_RS.htm
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 & booked for #5
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #10
racer50200
 
racer50200's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 White 2SS/RS Camaro 6M
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Damn. I need to take a freaking class.

OP, is there a super noticeable difference in cornering? Or is it fairly subtle?
I did the Eibach springs and bars and the difference in cornering is AMAZING! I'm sure all drops and bars are the same in this respect. The car responds NOW to steering inputs, and corners like a slot car.

Hope this helps!
__________________
Camaro Specs: 2010 2SS/RS SW,
6M, Eibach Spings / bars, 275's X 4,
Heritage Grill, NLP spoiler, Becky's SW
shark fin, AAC LED DRL's, Stainless Works
Headers and exhaust, Barton Flat Stick
Shifter, '69 SS emblems, ready for hp boost.....
Help your country.... Buy American Products!!
racer50200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #11
rhunley14

 
Drives: Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Monroe Ga
Posts: 863
Pq, we have had alot of rain in Georgia since Friday, so I have not been able to test it out much yet..However from the ride home the steering response and cornering was nite and day compared to the factory...I did notice a few more subtle bumps in the road than I have felt before..But the feel of it all just made the car pop..I will update more after I have had the time to test everything..Thanks
rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #12
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,838
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer50200 View Post
I did the Eibach springs and bars and the difference in cornering is AMAZING! I'm sure all drops and bars are the same in this respect. The car responds NOW to steering inputs, and corners like a slot car.

Hope this helps!
I'm hoping so. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhunley14 View Post
Pq, we have had alot of rain in Georgia since Friday, so I have not been able to test it out much yet..However from the ride home the steering response and cornering was nite and day compared to the factory...I did notice a few more subtle bumps in the road than I have felt before..But the feel of it all just made the car pop..I will update more after I have had the time to test everything..Thanks
Cool. I'll be looking forward to the update. So the springs weren't too bad with stiffness and road bumps. Good to hear. Even though it wouldn't bother me much anyway.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #13
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,838
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjd24 View Post
I went with Pfadt Sport Sway Bars as well - see this thread for my post - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60477

I noticed an immediate performance gain in cornering with the Sport Sway Bars installed - my 2LT Camaro held curves tighter, the front end was level and there was no understeer I could feel.

I appreciate the time Aaron Pfadt spent with me to understand sway bars / springs / coil overs - his explanations plus the references from so many camaro5 members made going with Pfadt products the clear choice. Next up is are the coil overs in the Spring/Summer once the summer Pirellis are back on...
Being an LT I don't think you'd have the same results as the SS because of stock suspension but as long as I know it made a good difference I feel better about it.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #14
IPS Brandon
 
IPS Brandon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 907
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Good feed back on a great product, and all of this rapport is really made what we do so much easier (thanks fellows for the support). The photos look great, and I am digging the stripe color on the silver!

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:47 PM   #15
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,838
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Ok. I ordered them. I hope I'm happy.

Brandon, you DID say that I will have 20 more horse power with these right?
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:35 PM   #16
axis
Search Ninja
 
axis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central Ark
Posts: 7,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ok. I ordered them. I hope I'm happy.

Brandon, you DID say that I will have 20 more horse power with these right?
ONLY if you put the stickers on the windows.
__________________
2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Halltech CF 102 fed
GPI modded intake manifold
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #17
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,838
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
ONLY if you put the stickers on the windows.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #18
robertway

 
robertway's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
ONLY if you put the stickers on the windows.
I haven't even installed my Pfadt sways yet as I'm waiting for their coilovers to arrive as well, I went ahead and put the sticker in the window and the car feels a whole lot more nimble, imagine what the car will be like when the hardware is installed....
__________________

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin




LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #19
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph
 
RedJewel2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhunley14 View Post
...I have already committed to 5500.00 worth of tires and rims(22's) and If i would have waited I would have just done springs and sways and put the rest back into the performance of car. Just my two cents..Excellent product...
if you don't want the new wheels i'll be glad to take them off your hands!
__________________

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eibach Sways and Springs! In Stock! JSC Speed Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 53 11-22-2010 02:48 PM
Pfadt Race Engineering Sport Sway bars/ Lowering springs! Intro Pricing! IPS Brandon Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 30 05-28-2010 10:01 AM
Want to Lower Your Camaro? Step Inside! Eibach Springs and Sways Now Shipping! Kris@BMCPerformance Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 20 01-15-2010 09:09 PM
Pfadt GROUP BUY! Springs / Sways / Mounts IPS Brandon Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 18 11-23-2009 02:46 PM
Seeking Ohio Camaro owners for near Free Pfadt Springs/ Sways Install!ASAP IPS Brandon USA - Great Lakes 0 11-05-2009 10:50 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.