Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #26
'09-Z28

Drives: '03 Mazda 6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
Without a doubt you can get the best deal if you start with the internet sales department. I used to be the Internet Manager at a Chevy Dealership and they will quote you a much lower price than someone walking on the lot because they don't have you at their dealership yet. They know that you have probably contacted several other dealers at the same time and they need to be competitive to get you to even show up for a test drive. I am no longer in the car business as i have a much better paying job now, but the internet manager at a dealership is your best bet at a good deal.
I can confirm that too. I recently helped my sister-in-law buy her first car. I had a family member that worked at a dealership down the street from me, and he got us a family discount which was a pretty good price. But I decided to call some internet managers at other dealerships around the valley. I was shocked to find out that we could get the same car for more than $1k less than the family discounted price if we went through an internet manager. It's definitely the way to go.
'09-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #27
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
I have bought vehicles from a local delaership since 1990. I have an 18 year relationship with this guy. To bad that they dont sell Chevy's. I wonder if they can get one for me? I don't plan on getting one until early 2010 anyway. So if you are looking for a good deal on GMC, Pontiac or Buick then go to
Dealer Name: Arena Bucik Pontiac GMC
Dealer location: Route RT 30 Hammonton, NJ 08037
Dealer phone number: 609-561-0707
Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #28
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro View Post
typical scenario: a guy comes into a chevy dealership. he says, i have $X to spend, and i am looking at the mustang, challenger and camaro. the sales-wo/man takes him for a test drive. asks after if he likes the car. plays subtle mind games with words, like always saying "your car" instead of "the car" or something similar. customer says he has no trade-in and the transaction will be cash, no loan. salesman goes to "the desk" to "beat up on his sales manager" and "get you the best price for your car". he comes back with a monthly payment, ignoring your insistence that the transaction will be cash. asks probative questions like, can you afford $X per month. tries to trial-close the deal by saying, "if i could get your car for you at $X per month, would you drive it home today?" you haggle back and forth, then the salesman calls the closer in. the closer asks the same questions: did you like the car, can you afford $X per month, if i could sell it to you for $X per month, would you drive it home?, etc., but says things like this car is rare, not everyone has these, they are few and far between. all meant to put in your mind that you have to pay more for this car.
I'd turn around and walk away. Since you bring this to mind and I don't recall discussing it before, I have to mention another dealer.

When I was buying my first Camaro, I wasn't sure if I wanted a Firebird/TA or a Camaro. A bud of mine whom I worked w/ bought a brand new decked out Firebird right when they were released. It was gorgeous, so I wanted to go to their dealership and take a look/price.

Well, I get to Superior Pontiac in SA and get out of my car. I walk to the Firebirds for sale.....no stickers w/ prices to be found on them....only worksheets showing what the veh was built w/. Salesman comes over and I inquire about prices. He asks me to come inside. Well, I'm serious about buying, but am just shopping around at this point (gotta get those prices, you know?).

He comes back w/ papers in hand and asks me to sign some paperwork to release pricing info. I just about fell over. "I have to sign paperwork to get a price? Are you kidding me???" He tells me it's their company policy that they need to get a prospective buyers info and signiture in order to release pricing information on thier cars. I told him he needed no such info to give me the MSRP on a freakin car. He still refused to give me anything w/out a signiture. I told him their business practices were rediculous and I walked out saying I was going to the Chevy dealer to look at Camaros.

One week later, I pulled up to Superior Pontiac w/ a typed letter in hand driving my new Camaro. I saw the salesman outside, walked up to him, asked if he remembered me, and he replied that he did. I asked him, "you see that Camaro?" He replied that he did. "That's what happens when salesmen work w/ prospective buyers. All I asked for was the MSRP. I could be driving a Firebird right now." I handed him a letter (later realizing that I should have handed it to his manager) which complained about their "procedures" and how it was BS that they needed a signiture to release something as simple as a price which should have been on the window in the first place (like my Chevy dealer).

Due to that day and salesman, I will NEVER go back to Superior Pontiac.

BOOOOOOOOoooooooo....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:06 PM   #29
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by '09-Z28 View Post
I can confirm that too. I recently helped my sister-in-law buy her first car. I had a family member that worked at a dealership down the street from me, and he got us a family discount which was a pretty good price. But I decided to call some internet managers at other dealerships around the valley. I was shocked to find out that we could get the same car for more than $1k less than the family discounted price if we went through an internet manager. It's definitely the way to go.
This is how I bought my truck, and I got it for 4k less than the sticker on the window WITH new tires and a drop in bed liner.

My first try at my camaro will be through my bank they have a purchasing service that gets vehicles at 500 over invoice, no dealer, no loan issues, no haggling, So more time driving.(heck they even take my trade-in and I can test drive at the bank)
Old 02-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #30
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
This is how I bought my truck, and I got it for 4k less than the sticker on the window WITH new tires and a drop in bed liner.

My first try at my camaro will be through my bank they have a purchasing service that gets vehicles at 500 over invoice, no dealer, no loan issues, no haggling, So more time driving.(heck they even take my trade-in and I can test drive at the bank)
WHO IS YOUR BANK?
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #31
shibbychevy15
I'm your Huckleberry!

Drives: 2001 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by AConn View Post
I'm going to purchase my car through my credit union. They will negotiate the price and it should be a few hundred over invoice.
hey man how does this work? do you just go into the credit union and tell them what you want and they get it from the dealer or are you talking about a preapproval loan from them?!?!

Cheers!!
shibbychevy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #32
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
That sounds sweet!!! I'm down!
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:32 AM   #33
jhitson

Drives: 88 Camaro, 01 S-10, 06 G6 GTP
Rodgers-Fore Chevrolet
1272 Highway 321 N
Lenoir City, TN 37771
(865) 988-0600

I talked to these idiots about a month and a half ago. They claim that the base camaro will start at 42000-43000 and top will be 60000-65000. I told the sales manager that he is f-ing crazy, i could get a vette for that. Of course he said that I couldn't because the vette starts at 74000.

Stay away, far, far away!
jhitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:57 AM   #34
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhitson View Post
Rodgers-Fore Chevrolet
1272 Highway 321 N
Lenoir City, TN 37771
(865) 988-0600

I talked to these idiots about a month and a half ago. They claim that the base camaro will start at 42000-43000 and top will be 60000-65000. I told the sales manager that he is f-ing crazy, i could get a vette for that. Of course he said that I couldn't because the vette starts at 74000.

Stay away, far, far away!
Sounds like even though its a Chevy dealership, that guy was making sales for Dodge

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:42 AM   #35
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
it is official that it will start in the 20k range right???
Old 03-02-2008, 02:58 AM   #36
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
it is official that it will start in the 20k range right???
For the V6? Its an extremely safe bet that you will be able to buy one for 22k or so. We've been told it will be priced to be competitive with the mustang, and if they don't the Camaro will die quickly. The V8's, look for them starting in the 28k range, right between the G8 GT and Mustang GT.

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
Old 03-02-2008, 03:03 AM   #37
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
how much you think something with ls3 specs(wheather it is THEE ls3 or a detuned one) cost???
Old 03-02-2008, 03:12 AM   #38
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
how much you think something with ls3 specs(wheather it is THEE ls3 or a detuned one) cost???
That is the million dollar question for the new Camaro. LS3 could potentially be the base V8. There are some strong arguments for that happening. The other camp says that LS3 will be the top engine and be in the mid to high 30's. Thats a huge price range. The current guess for the SRT8 fighter is $36 150 http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2799

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
Old 03-02-2008, 03:58 AM   #39
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
LS3 could potentially be the base V8. There are some strong arguments for that happening. [/URL]
Old 04-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #40
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Dealer Name: JN CHevrolet
Dealer location:2999 N Nimitz Hwy Honolulu, HI
Dealer phone number:(808) 831-2500
Dealer website:http://www.jnautomotive.com/

Just spoke with these guys a few minutes ago about ordering a new Camaro, when the topic of price came up the salesman said that they would be selling them above MSRP because "all cars are sold above MSRP for the first model year, and even more so for the Camaro since it's been so long since these cars where made"
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:56 AM   #41
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

^Exaclty the wrong attitude to have. I would never buy from someone like that......NEVER.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:18 PM   #42
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
I almost forgot to post this...

The dealer I've been going to here in Jacksonville says they will be selling the first Camaros at 55k. They didn't even flinch when I questioned them on what the total mark up was. They simply said they are confident that someone else will pay that much, if I won't. They think they can sell em for that much regardless what the MSRP is. I'm assuming they were talking about the entry level V8. I will definitely be waiting. Coggin Chevrolet in Jacksonville FL.

Nice huh.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #43
NG67

Drives: 67 camaro
Regina motor products, in Regina Saskatchewan, Canada stated that their customers will pay what they see or to bad the next person will, and there will be no test-driving the Camaro. A salesman that was not happy with that decision of the management quoted this to me.
NG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:12 PM   #44
camaro5

Drives: Off Into The Sunset
Ed Morse Pontiac in Sunrise, FL gave me an attitude about test driving a G8 when they first arrived. Had 1000 or $2000 markup on it too. When I called the saleman on his attitude he started changing but I was already pissed and told him to keep his lousy G8's.

Then, a couple of weeks later I went to the ED Morse Chevy store (same lot, separate stores) and they were very nice, but they said the sky's the limit on price gouging new Camaros. Told them I wanted to order one at msrp, and the mgr said he would. A couple of days later I wanted to check if they would order more than one Camaro for other members at msrp before posting info, and they won't answer or even call me back.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:27 AM   #45
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
So out of curiousity I went to the website of the dealer that sold me the GTO and asked whether they will sell the new Camaros at MSRP or below. Their answer? We don't know what the pricing of the Camaros will be yet.

Wow. He didn't even answer my question at all. Doesn't sound good. Hopefully the guy is just a 'tard.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:45 PM   #46
desertgoat

Drives: 2005 GTO, CAI & exhaust
I talked to one of our local dealers here in EP and they said that they were going to have them marked up around 2,000 to 5,000. Unfortunately this place gets first dibs on all the cars that are worth looking at like the corvettes. They have always gotten the first dibs on all new corvettes.

The place was mission chevrolet at 1316 george dieter EP texas
desertgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:31 AM   #47
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

He comes back w/ papers in hand and asks me to sign some paperwork to release pricing info. I just about fell over. "I have to sign paperwork to get a price? Are you kidding me???" He tells me it's their company policy that they need to get a prospective buyers info and signiture in order to release pricing information on thier cars. I told him he needed no such info to give me the MSRP on a freakin car. He still refused to give me anything w/out a signiture. I told him their business practices were rediculous and I walked out saying I was going to the Chevy dealer to look at Camaros.
That's bizarre. Several years ago I went to a dealer, asked if they had any Camaros, the guy said no, but I have a Firebird...I drove it around and liked it. The deal breaker was the color - I'm not a big fan of orange. If I recall correctly, he was even going to go down on the price some more b/c of the color!
Old 05-14-2008, 03:52 AM   #48
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon View Post
That's bizarre. Several years ago I went to a dealer, asked if they had any Camaros, the guy said no, but I have a Firebird...I drove it around and liked it. The deal breaker was the color - I'm not a big fan of orange. If I recall correctly, he was even going to go down on the price some more b/c of the color!
Yeah...I'll never forget that experience.

They were going to drop the price on an orange colored Firebird?? See....SOM (sunset orange metallic) is one of my favorite colors on 4th Gens).
Old 06-11-2008, 11:47 PM   #49
Nickdago

Drives: 01 Z06 08 CTS 07 Avy LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
Without a doubt you can get the best deal if you start with the internet sales department. I used to be the Internet Manager at a Chevy Dealership and they will quote you a much lower price than someone walking on the lot because they don't have you at their dealership yet. They know that you have probably contacted several other dealers at the same time and they need to be competitive to get you to even show up for a test drive. I am no longer in the car business as i have a much better paying job now, but the internet manager at a dealership is your best bet at a good deal.
I agree totally. I just bought a new Avalance LTZ and I not only shopped it online in my state but even went to surrounding states, worked like a charm. Got the lowest deal quoted online from a dealer 250 miles away, took this to a local dealer and bought the truck, they matched it of course. Ended up paying 40,500 for a truck with an MSRP of 48k which took me about 2 weeks of back and forth negotiating with probably at least 12 dealers so I felt at the end of the day this was the best deal I was going to get at the time. Saved me a lot of driving around from dealer to dealer playing the game and did not really have to deal with a car salesman. Ended up dealing with the internet manager and once inside the dealship everything went fast and smooth, no getting stuck in the back room under hot lamps with 3 guys starring me down.
Nickdago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:51 PM   #50
Nickdago

Drives: 01 Z06 08 CTS 07 Avy LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I would have never taken you for a spokesperson. Lots of people have said good things about Rick Daniel's. I might, but I don't particularly like dealing out-of-state.
Who and where is Rick Daniels?
Nickdago is offline   Reply With Quote