Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2009, 09:04 AM   #1004
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,204
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@spencershids.com View Post
The dealer I work at marked up our 6 cyl $5,000. the 3 2ss went for 10 over. all sold very, very quickly. the 6 cyl was the only one to sit on the lot for any amount of time. a guy bought it for his 15 year old daughter....hes getting HID fogs
GOOD. I have a whole new attitude on this now. If people are stupid enough to pay over sticker, let them and be thankful. They are providing a means by which the rest of us are able to hold the value of our cars longer.
__________________
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #1005
outlawz
 
outlawz's Avatar
 
Drives: 1995 Camaro Z28 Drag car
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: California
Posts: 116
Quote:
GOOD. I have a whole new attitude on this now. If people are stupid enough to pay over sticker, let them and be thankful. They are providing a means by which the rest of us are able to hold the value of our cars longer.
Not really unless you plan to sell right now... As soon as the initial hype dies down and all the idiots willing to pay 10K over get their cars and supply catches up with demand the price on these cars will plummet. Unfortunately the depreciation will depreciate from the original price of the car not the 10K markup and the price of the car...

The markup is plain and simply added money for the dealer. It shows up NOWHERE for your vehicles value.... Unless you buy at MSRP and sell to your buddy a week later for 10K over MSRP.... then u should slap your buddy...
__________________
outlawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #1006
USAFJeeper
Bringing mullets back
 
USAFJeeper's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 632
Add Hamby Chevrolet to the Asshole dealer list in Perry, Georgia. His add says he has 5 camaros in priced FROM 35,900. He has a SS priced at 45,900

And you wonder why Chevy is in financial straits. GM should do something about this shit, if they are independent dealers, cut their allotments. Its fugging stupid.
USAFJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #1007
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 16,800
here is another dealer to steer clear of in Houston DAVIS CHEVY near the Dome on 610. that is unless you have an extro $5000 you want to give them.
__________________
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #1008
ItIsWhatItIs
 
Drives: #5 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Coast
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
GOOD. I have a whole new attitude on this now. If people are stupid enough to pay over sticker, let them and be thankful. They are providing a means by which the rest of us are able to hold the value of our cars longer.
Interesting thought...you may be on to something there.
ItIsWhatItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:55 PM   #1009
Quackaddict
 
Quackaddict's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Black on Black
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 209
My dealer charged 2500 over MSRP. They had the only 2 for sale in the area right now. They also gave me 2K more for my trade than anyone else. So I had no problem paying an extra 500 bucks to have one now rather than wait 8-10 weeks.

Supply and demand isn't going to change, I hear a lot of people complaining about dealers charging over MSRP but I don't see any cars sitting on their lots because of it. If you aren't willing to pay it that is fine but complaining about because other people are isn't going to do any good either. But I don't understand cussing the dealership for making more money while they can. I really don't get it all I hear about is people complaining about other people making money, isn't that what makes this country not.....France. We have the ability to determine how much we make not be told how much we can make. If I could flip mine for an extra 3K it would be for sale tomorrow. I am not gonna turn down extra money and there is probably someone who would pay it. But I don't want to sell it
__________________
Semper Fi,
Kevin
Quackaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:12 AM   #1010
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,276
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackaddict View Post
My dealer charged 2500 over MSRP. They had the only 2 for sale in the area right now. They also gave me 2K more for my trade than anyone else. So I had no problem paying an extra 500 bucks to have one now rather than wait 8-10 weeks.

Supply and demand isn't going to change, I hear a lot of people complaining about dealers charging over MSRP but I don't see any cars sitting on their lots because of it. If you aren't willing to pay it that is fine but complaining about because other people are isn't going to do any good either. But I don't understand cussing the dealership for making more money while they can. I really don't get it all I hear about is people complaining about other people making money, isn't that what makes this country not.....France. We have the ability to determine how much we make not be told how much we can make. If I could flip mine for an extra 3K it would be for sale tomorrow. I am not gonna turn down extra money and there is probably someone who would pay it. But I don't want to sell it
I have seen several cars on the dealers lots, one the other day had an $11,000 markup/price gouge dealer added options... it's been there a while, the supply and demand on this vehicle will change, and already has begun, and more and more people are beginning to realize they shouldn't have to pay thousands over just because the dealer thinks they can get away with it... you are $500 over no big deal... again when you read in here, there are a few whom will not pay $1 over MSRP but most will accept some over, especially to get on sooner, but when you have dealers lieing to people and tricking them into ordering then all of a sudden here are a bunch of added options you have to pay for, or you can't have this car etc... or charging 4-6 times more to do something to a car than it cost them to do it, like tint the windows, or to paint the ground effects... that's just BS!! and if you are willing to pay that, then go right ahead and waste your money. I would like to see a dealer with a "Feed the Hungry" mark up, or something along those lines, rather than to line their pockets because there are people out there that are stupid enough to pay 25% more for a vehicle that is worth 5% less as soon as they drive it off a lot. Why? because of supply and demand?

Too, what kind of contradictory statement is this? "If I could flip mine for an extra 3K it would be for sale tomorrow. I am not gonna turn down extra money and there is probably someone who would pay it. But I don't want to sell it" IF you could you would? which you apparently can... but you don't want to...
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:20 AM   #1011
Quackaddict
 
Quackaddict's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Black on Black
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 209
Summone,
I agree with the things you said about dealer add ons. I will add this go to your thread about dealers who are not price gouging and call them. I bet you 85% of them don't have any camaros to sell outright right now. so of course they are gonna pat your back and bad mouth another dealer because they are asking more than MSRP because they know that dealer can sell you a car today and he can't. My dealer already said as soon as camaros become more available they weren't gonna charge it. There are some good ones like Scotty out there, but most of you dealerships who are looking down their noses and saying I would never charge such a thing aren't charging it because they don't have any cars to charge it on.

I am just saying think before we all jump on the bandwagon and trash every dealer who is making money while they can.
__________________
Semper Fi,
Kevin
Quackaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:51 AM   #1012
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M
 
OUR72GTO's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kamloops,British Columbia
Posts: 4,625
We have a USED lot here asking for $15,000 over. ZIMMER AUTO

The party is almost over. They are at 25,000 made.

Soon this will not be a "RARE " car.
__________________
CAMARO.. 2010 The Heart Beat is back in CHEVROLET
Now let's put it back in America
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:08 AM   #1013
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,276
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackaddict View Post
Summone,
I agree with the things you said about dealer add ons. I will add this go to your thread about dealers who are not price gouging and call them. I bet you 85% of them don't have any camaros to sell outright right now. so of course they are gonna pat your back and bad mouth another dealer because they are asking more than MSRP because they know that dealer can sell you a car today and he can't. My dealer already said as soon as camaros become more available they weren't gonna charge it. There are some good ones like Scotty out there, but most of you dealerships who are looking down their noses and saying I would never charge such a thing aren't charging it because they don't have any cars to charge it on.

I am just saying think before we all jump on the bandwagon and trash every dealer who is making money while they can.
Boardwalk Chevrolet in Redwood city has 2. Right now, ready to sale at MSRP and honoring Supplier pricing even. Most of the dealers that have "stock" have it because they either would not preorder/order these for anyone but themselves, and or because they did like John L Sullivan did, decided to jack around with their customers so the customer bailed on the the dealer was trying to pull... but they know someone will come along who does not mind taking it in the tail pipe... as we have seen many times, some even stand by their dealer like they really got a good deal...
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #1014
Quackaddict
 
Quackaddict's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Black on Black
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 209
Yeah but a good deal is all a matter of perspective. If someone wants to pay 20K market adjustment like those guys did with the SRT-8 Challenger or a 5K markup for a camaro and they don't mind and think they got a good deal then who am I to argue with them. Its like those car collectors who pay millions for a collector shelby cobra to me that isn't a good deal but to them it is, all in how the buyer looks at it. But I am not going to run around accusing them of being stupid if they do something and are happy with it.
__________________
Semper Fi,
Kevin
Quackaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #1015
HOCOPO
 
Drives: H.O.COPO
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: tampa
Posts: 10
Thumbs down Stingray Chevrolet

Add Stingray to the list, IOM 2SS, used, 6000 miles, $42,000. That's about 3k over MSRP when it was sold new. Must not be to hungry, won't do very well on a trade in either. The VIN is 9000724, isn't this a preproduction car? Built in March. Thanks
HOCOPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #1016
solo40oz
 
solo40oz's Avatar
 
Drives: My wife crazy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 724
I just saw a USED 1SS advertised at Chuck Nash Chevrolet in San Marcos, TX for the nice low price of...... $45k !!!!

WTF
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #1017
Phenicks
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 154
Add Sterling Chevrolet in Sterling Virginia to the list. I just got screwed. Lee9710 on the board had an order that i was gonna pick up from him in Virgina and get it shipped to me so we made a deal and I have been talking to the dealer for WEEKS now and was told over the phone(unfortunately) several times that it was gonna go for MSRP. So i have been watching and waiting and finally found out the car had been shipped to them so i called today to make sure everything was ok. I spoke to the dealer and he said everything was good and the car should be there soon and then we hung up. I few minutes later I got a call from a Manager to "go over pricing" he told me that i may have been given some mis-information on the price. Of course i knew what was coming the a$$hole then proceeded to tell me they were charging $2K over stiker to which i replied I was told SEVERAL times by the sales guy that is was for MSRP. He said that it was not right and i was gonna have to go $2K over to which i replied "No thanks". So now both I and Lee9710 are getting screwed they said they will not return his deposit until i picked up the order but after they changed the price after lieing to me i can not pick it up. So i have a feeling they are gonna STEAL(because thats what it is) his deposit. I am at a total loss and just dont know what to do. I know it is in no way GMs fault but this is just WRONG. WE were plainly LIED to.
Phenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:21 PM   #1018
CajunCamaroChic

 
CajunCamaroChic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 1,435
I cannot understand how the "New GM" would allow their new name to be associated with the near criminal actions of these dealers at a point in our history when this country cannot financially handle such greed. At what point will it be corrected. If the customer is truly the chief concern of General Motors, then it should be trying to demonstate the best of the America spirit as it delivers its new image. I am coming back to GM to purchase my dream car as I feel like I have a stake in its success, and the pride of a new beginning. I pray it does not end up being my worst nightmare! I feel confident my dealer will deliver my car as promised at MSRP, but if not, my crusade will begin, count on it! Nothing like a crazy, cajun !!!
__________________
www.cajuncamaroclub.com / Cajun Camaro Club on Facebook
2010 2SS/RS, ABM, L99, Heritage Grille, Corsa CB Sport, K&N CAI, Foose Chrome Legends, etc.
CajunCamaroChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:21 PM   #1019
crulgrl
 
Drives: 2008 Hummer H3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenicks View Post
Add Sterling Chevrolet in Sterling Virginia to the list. I just got screwed. Lee9710 on the board had an order that i was gonna pick up from him in Virgina and get it shipped to me so we made a deal and I have been talking to the dealer for WEEKS now and was told over the phone(unfortunately) several times that it was gonna go for MSRP. So i have been watching and waiting and finally found out the car had been shipped to them so i called today to make sure everything was ok. I spoke to the dealer and he said everything was good and the car should be there soon and then we hung up. I few minutes later I got a call from a Manager to "go over pricing" he told me that i may have been given some mis-information on the price. Of course i knew what was coming the a$$hole then proceeded to tell me they were charging $2K over stiker to which i replied I was told SEVERAL times by the sales guy that is was for MSRP. He said that it was not right and i was gonna have to go $2K over to which i replied "No thanks". So now both I and Lee9710 are getting screwed they said they will not return his deposit until i picked up the order but after they changed the price after lieing to me i can not pick it up. So i have a feeling they are gonna STEAL(because thats what it is) his deposit. I am at a total loss and just dont know what to do. I know it is in no way GMs fault but this is just WRONG. WE were plainly LIED to.
SORRY TO HEAR THIS:( I WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING AND FROM WHAT I AM FINDING OUT EVERY PERSON THAT ORDERED FROM THE DEALERSHIP I ORDERED FROM HAS HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO THEM. I CONTACTED GM SEVERAL TIMES AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT IT? I HAVE RE-ORDERED WITH ANOTHER DEALERSHIP HERE IN OKLAHOMA. I LIVE IN TULSA AND THERE WERE NO DEALERS AROUND HERE WITH AN ALLOCATION LEFT BUT I DID FIND A DEALERSHIP IN A SMALL TOWN ABOUT 200 MILES FROM ME THAT HAD SOME LEFT. THEY HAVE PLACED AN ORDER FOR ME AND I AM SETTING AT STATUS CODE 1100. IM EXCITED TO HAVE FOUND BUT STILL PISSED THAT I ORDERED ON THE FIRST DAY ORDERS WERE ACCEPTED BUT EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON I GUESS? GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
crulgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:32 PM   #1020
Mark A Collier Sr
Retired Army, 101st ABN
 
Mark A Collier Sr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2 SS/RS w/sunroof
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 852
Well my friends, I have found another price gouging dealer. This one in Carrollton, Georgia and the Name of the Dealer is MIKE BELL Chevrolet.

I was driving by and saw a beautiful IOM 2SS/RS, Manual, IO Interior, with Sunroof and 20 inch polished wheels! Very Nice! However, there was this sticker next to the REAL sticker! “Fair Market Adjustment” of SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! Making the grand total selling price of $43,620!

Now I did the math and looked up what it was worth. According to CAMARO5, MSRP Should be $37,250. Invoice should be $34,889. So out the door, the dealer would be getting $2,361 profit!

Here is where the story gets funny. While I am documenting the info, taking pictures… out comes a salesman!! My first question is “Why are you charging more than MSRP?” He said because that is what everyone else is doing. I asked him Why would any sane person pay more than the car is worth and need GAP insurance before leaving the lot? Also other dealers are NOT doing it. He snapped back that this dealer has sold four marked up and that other dealers have even bought a car from them to mark those up as well. I told them he was a FOOL and walked off.
__________________
"BABY" is a Summit White, 2SS/RS, My Tribute to the 13 years I served in the 101st Airborne Division!!!
ORDERED: 18 JUL 09 #NMMS88,
BORN ON 4 NOV 09 at 12:26pm VIN:63460~ HOME on 18 NOV 09!
"101BABY"
Mark A Collier Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSRP or below, Dealers KILLER74Z28 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 1318 09-10-2015 07:06 AM
Price gouging on 2010 Camaro already beginning! Tran Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 185 09-02-2009 01:33 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.