Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 01-23-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
ttexxan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Sorry for the newbie question ---K&N filter

Ok so newbie here and not really done alot work on engines since I was 16 and that was along time ago.......I know pretty lame ....

Looking at installing the K&N filter tom by myself and looks straight forward...Only question that I have that isnt real clear....

It states to remove the Crank Case Vent Tube (factory one)----When I install the Provided crank case vent hose does it just attached right where the other one came off from on the engine side?? Haven't taken apart yet and having a difficult time seeing in the direction if it slides onto something or has a connection I need to clamp down. I see the fitting on the K&N tube but didnt know if the vent port on the valve cover is similiar....Thanks and agian sorry for the stupid question just want to make sure prior to getting started
ttexxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
This is not a stupid question. Yes, hose hooks up just like stock only to the KN intake tube.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #3
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
i installed the k & n and its cake so dont worry. The directions tell you to remove the vent tube off the stock air intake and it tell you to twist it. follow it on the left side and you will see it snaps off and leave a metal line open to connect the hose they give you in the kit. its cake.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
ttexxan

Thanks guys just wanted to make sure prior to installing. Looks straight foward and plan on doing later tonight or in am thanks again!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
BA-Jackpot

Drives: 2 SS Camaro white/ Orange stripes
Yeah its easy. The clip is real easy to get off. If it is from curcuitpowersports, the instructions are right on. It is in front of the oil fill hole, after you remove the engine cover. Just take off the capand remove the cover. You cant even see the new hose when you put the cover back on.
Attached Images

BA-Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:16 PM   #6
ttexxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-Jackpot View Post
Yeah its easy. The clip is real easy to get off. If it is from curcuitpowersports, the instructions are right on. It is in front of the oil fill hole, after you remove the engine cover. Just take off the capand remove the cover. You cant even see the new hose when you put the cover back on.
Love the way that looks in the engine bay!!! Thanks for the pic
Old 01-24-2010, 08:33 AM   #7
Jason 98 TA

Drives: Camaro
Don't worry it'll be a easy install. I install the TSP Cold Air in about 5-10 minutes all the time.

Jason 98 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:36 AM   #8
Kubi

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTony View Post
i installed the k & n and its cake so dont worry. The directions tell you to remove the vent tube off the stock air intake and it tell you to twist it. follow it on the left side and you will see it snaps off and leave a metal line open to connect the hose they give you in the kit. its cake.
Quote:
BA-Jackpot Yeah its easy. The clip is real easy to get off. If it is from curcuitpowersports, the instructions are right on. It is in front of the oil fill hole, after you remove the engine cover. Just take off the capand remove the cover. You cant even see the new hose when you put the cover back on. Yesterday 07:41 PM

This is good info. I have mine on the way and one questions. Did either of you 2 get any sensors lights tripping?

Thxs....Paul
Kubi is offline   Reply With Quote