Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Pfadt Lowering Springs with splitter/side skirts

Anyone have the pfadt lowering springs with a splitter and side skirts?

I cant tell if it will be far too low to even be functional as a daily driver. I love the look and want to go for it, but hoping others can chime in who have done this.

I have the Razzi front and sides and sometimes already tough in certain spots - any help or feedback?
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • matte black hood, trunk and roof wrap • matte white hood spears and rear javelin stripe outlined in yellow pinstriping • Anvil Spoiler • Side Camaro emblem delete • Gloss black rear bowtie • heritage grill • SLP front splitter
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:20 PM   #2
TwentyTen2SSRS

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • matte black hood, trunk and roof wrap • matte white hood spears and rear javelin stripe outlined in yellow pinstriping • Anvil Spoiler • Side Camaro emblem delete • Gloss black rear bowtie • heritage grill • SLP front splitter
Old 01-09-2014, 09:33 PM   #3
gotroost

Drives: IOM 2SS RS
I have a 2010 2SS/RS with Pfadt lowering springs. Love the feel, but you gotta be careful. Take speed bumps at an angle and most are fine. No real issues after a couple years, but I avoid steep slopes and I have a truck for shopping, etc. Biggest drawback for me is dragging my headers, but the DynaTechs are lower than some. The look and handling are awesome. Need to add sways too.

Mods: JRE 470 cam kit, Dynatech long tubes/hi-flo cats, SLP underdrive pulley, CAI intake/ADM scoop, Pfadt Stage 2 suspension, Hotchkiss strut tower brace, Proven Wicked tow hook and end links, DBA rotors, some bloody knuckles, still in progress...
gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:17 PM   #4
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroost View Post
I have a 2010 2SS/RS with Pfadt lowering springs. Love the feel, but you gotta be careful. Take speed bumps at an angle and most are fine. No real issues after a couple years, but I avoid steep slopes and I have a truck for shopping, etc. Biggest drawback for me is dragging my headers, but the DynaTechs are lower than some. The look and handling are awesome. Need to add sways too.

Thanks!

Do you have a splitter also? I have a splitter on and not sure if extra drop will make car undrivable in some situations.

You get pfadt sways too?

Old 01-10-2014, 01:07 AM   #5
Threlkeld's SS

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I'll trade you my bmr split drop springs they are brand new in the box. 1.4 front and 1.0 rear
Threlkeld's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:06 AM   #6
TwentyTen2SSRS

Trade for what?

Old 01-10-2014, 10:13 AM   #7
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
In my experience with lowered Camaros as well as Corvettes, it isn't about the street driving or parking lots, etc. that drives you crazy...it's your driveway or work parking garage or somewhere that you go everyday or twice a day that will kill you. If your home driveway has a deep gutter and then a 60 degree incline you will either have to drop a piece of metal or "accidentally" leave a 2x4 in the gutter or something just so you don't cringe every time you come and go. Other than that, I look at everything else as a winnable challenge
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:14 AM   #8
Threlkeld's SS

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
The bmr split drop springs have a higher ride height than the pfadt springs
Threlkeld's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:18 AM   #9
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
You have to learn how to avoid things with pretty much any drop springs. Obviously some more than others but 1.25in isn't much lower than 1in. Take speed bumps and driveways at an angle and you should be fine. After a while, you'll be able to look at a situation and know how to take it. I have Pfadts and Kooks headers and I think i've only scraped them once. I've had drop springs before so I know how to avoid scrapping. It's not like we're slammed to the ground. Vettes ride lower than we do.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:08 PM   #10
gotroost

Drives: IOM 2SS RS
I have the full factory GFX kit, sides and front. As Pfadt says, it can be challenging but doable. Love my stance and just avoid places that have crazy slopes. Performance outweighs functionality for my non-daily driver. Pfadt sways are an even better mod. Understeer is gone and its way faster on the track.

Mods: JRE 470 cam kit, Dynatech long tubes/hi-flo cats, SLP underdrive pulley, CAI intake/ADM scoop, Pfadt Stage 2 suspension, Hotchkiss strut tower brace, Proven Wicked tow hook and end links, DBA rotors, some bloody knuckles, still in progress...
gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:43 PM   #11
TwentyTen2SSRS

really its my damn driveway that I'm worried about. I have a damn steep slope and have splitter and side skirts that I have to take my hill on a severe angle -
Old 01-10-2014, 11:51 PM   #12
Kuo246

Drives: Summit white 2SS
I have SLP splitter and zl1 skirts and BMR 1.4 I have no prob driving it's just the speed bumps curbs and parking bumps
Kuo246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:00 AM   #13
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuo246 View Post
I have SLP splitter and zl1 skirts and BMR 1.4 I have no prob driving it's just the speed bumps curbs and parking bumps

Do you scrape?

Old 01-11-2014, 12:55 AM   #14
Kuo246

Drives: Summit white 2SS
Splitter is still 5" from the ground I rarely scrape at all, 1.25 pfadt were my second choice.. Can't go wrong with either
Kuo246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:27 AM   #15
Bo White
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Summit White 1SS
I have coil overs and the top of my wheels wells are 28-29" and I DD in Alabama, nuff said lol.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote