Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-11-2014, 01:44 AM   #101
Franklukepimpin
franklukepimpin

Drives: Silver Ice Camaro (V6)NPP
how much do you want for them if you still have em

how much do you want for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by cireisa View Post
Hi there,
Just curious if there's someone interested in buying a full kit of Brembos (calipers+rotors) used for 22k miles. The rotors are Brembo Performance drilled (last two pics) with only 8k on them, don't know the part #.So, to be clear the rotors what you'll get are drilled and shown in the last two pictures.I have the calipers painted yellow ,but they'll need to be repainted because they are dirty.The first image is since I installed them, now they look , let's say not that clean anymore.
I bought these new and installed them on my V6 and they work PERFECT, no rebuild necessary, just bolt them on and enjoy.
PM me if interested.
Thanks
Franklukepimpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:52 AM   #102
HotelCali
SoCal

Drives: 2013 RS
Reviving the thread...do I have to change the brake fluid? Also does the front have a dust shield? Do I have to remove it? Where do I start cutting on the rear dust shields?
HotelCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:24 PM   #103
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotelCali View Post
Reviving the thread...do I have to change the brake fluid? Also does the front have a dust shield? Do I have to remove it? Where do I start cutting on the rear dust shields?
Yes, you'll have to bleed the brakes after you change them. You dont have to completely bleed out the fluid for fresh unless you want to upgrade to something that's high temp. The front dust shields are fine and require no modification. The rear ones need to have about 5/8 of an inch trimmed off them.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #104
verboten

Drives: Black
Yep, just cut the curved lip off with a cut saw and you should be fine.

Great upgrade. Use a lot of brake grease on back side of pads to stop the squealing.
verboten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:20 AM   #105
HotelCali
SoCal

Drives: 2013 RS
Can I re use the v6 rest rotors or do I have to change them?
HotelCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:38 AM   #106
verboten

Drives: Black
No, you need SS rotors which have a lager diameter. That's why you need to cut the dust shields.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
verboten is offline   Reply With Quote