Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
BoomBoomKid
 
Drives: Gen 1 Gen 3 soon Gen 5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: D&G Racing
Posts: 333
Exclamation SS badging your C5 Camaro

As Mike Joy would say (Barret-Jackson Auction), " Back when ...")

Replace your bowtie emblems with Chevy SS emblems, this changes the looks of your C5 Camaro dramatically. It sets your C5 Camaro apart from the rest.

Removing the front grille and rear panel bowtie emblems with authentic Chevrolet SS emblems is easy and what makes it nice Chevy designed the C5 Camaro allowing you to return back to the bowties since no permanent modifications are performed.

I'm not sure why others haven't figured this out.

Note: this is "not" the SLP SS badge kit. SLP basically uses decals that are flat. These are authentic Chevy SS emblems from 1st gen Camaros made of metal (albeit aftermarket reproductions). Keep in mind you need to do a little grinding easily done with a Dremel tool.

Take a look
Attached Images
      
BoomBoomKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,297
I want to do this but with red 5th gen badges indicating the RS package.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,257
Looks pretty good BoomBoom.
__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
BoomBoomKid
 
Drives: Gen 1 Gen 3 soon Gen 5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: D&G Racing
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I want to do this but with red 5th gen badges indicating the RS package.
I don't think that's a problem, RS emblems from 1st Gen Camaros are available same as the SS emblem, check with Classic Industries or Rick's Camaro.
BoomBoomKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoomKid View Post
I don't think that's a problem, RS emblems from 1st Gen Camaros are available same as the SS emblem, check with Classic Industries or Rick's Camaro.
I want red SS emblems in the new 5th gen font. As of right now no one makes them for the grille or the back. There is a couple of companies that are working on them.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
6DEAN9
 
6DEAN9's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Alta Loma
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I want red SS emblems in the new 5th gen font. As of right now no one makes them for the grille or the back. There is a couple of companies that are working on them.
Me toooo. I want the RED!! I am glad someone figured this out. Great idea.
6DEAN9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #7
BoomBoomKid
 
Drives: Gen 1 Gen 3 soon Gen 5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: D&G Racing
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DEAN9 View Post
Me toooo. I want the RED!! I am glad someone figured this out. Great idea.
I guess you could paint the white with high gloss red.
BoomBoomKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #8
ttexxan

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fort Worth Texas
Posts: 926
I bought an SS emblem the other day that just tapes on without the pins...Cost like 14 bucks at the dealer
ttexxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #9
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoomKid View Post
I guess you could paint the white with high gloss red.
But they are not in the 5th gen font. What I mean is the way the red SS's look on the stock vehicle. I need them exactly like that only bigger for the grille and rear.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #10
BoomBoomKid
 
Drives: Gen 1 Gen 3 soon Gen 5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: D&G Racing
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttexxan View Post
I bought an SS emblem the other day that just tapes on without the pins...Cost like 14 bucks at the dealer
I remove the pins with the Dremel tool and use two sided adhesive 3M tape. Can you show a picture of your SS emblem, is it a decal or metal?
BoomBoomKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #11
cuspid
 
Drives: 04 z06 yellow
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Clearwater,Fl
Posts: 278
Try the Trailblazer SS font, gm parts direct. I bought one ebay, but ther are none on there now. It was $15. It is the new font.
cuspid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #12
ttexxan

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fort Worth Texas
Posts: 926
Its the one cuspid is refering to off the old trailblazer...I will try to find a pic it came with adhesive on it
ttexxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #13
csjcsj


 
csjcsj's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jefferson, Ga
Posts: 4,422
why do you need multiple ss emblems? rather have the bowtie and the ss emblems. not 50 million ss's all over it...... Just my opinion
csjcsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #14
tjmac49
 
tjmac49's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS, IBM, L99
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 365
I do like the retro look! Good job.
__________________
tjmac49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #15
BoomBoomKid
 
Drives: Gen 1 Gen 3 soon Gen 5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: D&G Racing
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
But they are not in the 5th gen font. What I mean is the way the red SS's look on the stock vehicle. I need them exactly like that only bigger for the grille and rear.
Go to

http://chromeemblems.com/

Give them an image and dimensions, and they should be able to make an emblem to meet your needs. I guess you can take the small red SS/RS emblems now on the 2010 then get a 1st gen SS Camaro grille emblem and then match it's size with the small red 2010 SS/RS emblem font. I'v heard good things about this company, they can match almost any emblem. Don't forget the 2010 Camao has different curves (angle) on the front grille and rear panel emblems. Let us know how this works out.
BoomBoomKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #16
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoomKid View Post
Go to

http://chromeemblems.com/

Give them an image and dimensions, and they should be able to make an emblem to meet your needs. I guess you can take the small red SS/RS emblems now on the 2010 then get a 1st gen SS Camaro grille emblem and then match it's size with the small red 2010 SS/RS emblem font. I'v heard good things about this company, they can match almost any emblem. Don't forget the 2010 Camao has different curves (angle) on the front grille and rear panel emblems. Let us know how this works out.
Hey, thanks for the link. Revolution is working on these badges and is gonna have pics up soon. It if doesn't work out, I'll give them a try. Thanks.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:57 PM   #17
monstertodd


 
monstertodd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tega Cay, South Carolina
Posts: 4,034
I like the bowties better.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Camaro Exterior and Interior Stainless Steel Trim Parts from RPI Designs! RPI Designs Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 34 01-08-2016 10:39 AM
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 01:25 PM
Mustangs................ vontivonti 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 4052 12-21-2009 11:42 PM
Answeres to questions I have stumbled on dieseldave24v 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 02-23-2009 07:56 PM
Automobilemag.com: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Q&A Scotsman 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 23 10-12-2008 01:13 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.