Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
zsuns

Drives: All Blacked Out 2010 2LT Camaro
Opinions on headlight covers?

What does everyone think of black headlight covers? I think that while the look is very cool it's just too dangerous I mean i've seen pictures of HID lights on with the headlight covers applied and you can barley see it. What do you think?

Picture of the covers on with HID lights on:

From the looks of it in the picture, you can barley see the lights.
zsuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
fastfaster
Account Suspended

Drives: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
where can i buy these?
fastfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
hate em .... just my opinion
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
Go big or Go home

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
I had a similar thing but rather than "covers" it was tint. I loved the look, but the light from the HID was drastically reduced! If I was driving somewhere very dark, I could barely see ten feet ahead of me with the brights on. If the car is your daily driver, I wouldn't recommend them... I took them off as soon as the forecast called for rain.
Go big or Go home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
CyberDan

Drives: 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go big or Go home View Post
I had a similar thing but rather than "covers" it was tint. I loved the look, but the light from the HID was drastically reduced! If I was driving somewhere very dark, I could barely see ten feet ahead of me with the brights on. If the car is your daily driver, I wouldn't recommend them... I took them off as soon as the forecast called for rain.
What was the tint percentage? I just bought a set of 20% tint from headlight armor, and it doesn't seem to be too dark.
CAI Cold Air Intake, VMax CNC TB, Borla Sport Catback Exhaust, EE Oil Catch Can, Eibach Sway Bars and Drop Springs, AAC concept side markers, stealth signal bulbs, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations front and rear modern SS emblems

Last edited by CyberDan; 11-04-2010 at 01:13 AM.
CyberDan is offline   Reply With Quote