Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #301
mstrfdsstr

Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAMARO
I will take the ss in silver with black stripes already put 500.00 down to go on the list.it's gonna be a long winter for me anyway.Hope the boston system is included with ss.love every thing about this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mstrfdsstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:23 AM   #302
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Big girls need love too. Am I right, huh, huh? Heavier than I wanted but I don't think I'll mind when I stand on the Go pedal.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:32 AM   #303
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
I love how low the window line is on the SS very much like the concept and smaller than the VETTE it does look awesome , I think even the windshield is more angled than the Vette's , great job GM , look at the picture were the two are side by side ...

Last edited by gladiatoro; 08-28-2008 at 10:43 AM.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #304
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd View Post
Big girls need love too. Am I right, huh, huh? Heavier than I wanted but I don't think I'll mind when I stand on the Go pedal.
Big girls do need love too... they just gotta pay

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:20 AM   #305
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Does anyone have any Cheese to go with all the Whining in here.

Good Lord folks. Like Scott has repeatedly said, "Drive the car."

You really can't judge until you actually sit in it, drive it, and get a feel for how it really performs.

I for one am extemely please with what I am seeing.

If racing is your number one priority, do what Hot Rodders have always done in the past. Strip the car of as much weight as you can. This isn't anything new.

For those of us, who want a very good performing car which can handle well and maintain comfort, I am all set to go.

Will that be Swiss? Cheddar? or Colby?
Old 08-28-2008, 11:24 AM   #306
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
Does anyone have any Cheese to go with all the Whining in here.

Good Lord folks. Like Scott has repeatedly said, "Drive the car."

You really can't judge until you actually sit in it, drive it, and get a feel for how it really performs.

I for one am extemely please with what I am seeing.

If racing is your number one priority, do what Hot Rodders have always done in the past. Strip the car of as much weight as you can. This isn't anything new.

For those of us, who want a very good performing car which can handle well and maintain comfort, I am all set to go.

Will that be Swiss? Cheddar? or Colby?
It looks slick, will handle great, and will punish the competition. How is that disappointing?

I was actually thinking Colby-Jack. Would you like some crackers with that?
The_Blur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #307
Yardgnome
Do the truffle shuffle

Drives: its black and its a POS :)
Umm I like Mozzerella with some fine Gouda and Havardi cheese please
Old 08-28-2008, 12:55 PM   #308
RSHugger

Drives: 1969 RS Camaro
Amazing how this weight discussion just won't die. Take a deep breath and move on with life, it is what it is. The Mustang is living on borrowed time on the safety standards of yesteryear. What will happen when the Mustang is redesigned to meet the standards for 2010?? It will increase in weight!! Fact of life that the new Camaro will be "heavier" than the Camaros we have all come to love. BUT the new Camaro will beat the pants off all of our old cars in both the mileage and performance... and has an IRS!

You know when I first saw that red concept shot years ago... I was extremely disappointed in the whole nose of the car... how could GM do that to the Camaro. Yes, that was my initial reaction because I had some preconceived notion of what it should look like. But over the years I have come to understand that the car is not my vision but the vision of a very talented design team. I have come to appreciate the styling of the new car and excited to have a 5th Gen (come on GT 500 killer) parked next to my 69 RS.

AWESOME CAR
RSHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:20 PM   #309
King Deon

Drives: Chevy
Send a message via Yahoo to King Deon
make mine blue with 520 horses under the hood
King Deon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #310
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSHugger View Post
Amazing how this weight discussion just won't die. Take a deep breath and move on with life, it is what it is. The Mustang is living on borrowed time on the safety standards of yesteryear. What will happen when the Mustang is redesigned to meet the standards for 2010?? It will increase in weight!! Fact of life that the new Camaro will be "heavier" than the Camaros we have all come to love. BUT the new Camaro will beat the pants off all of our old cars in both the mileage and performance... and has an IRS!

You know when I first saw that red concept shot years ago... I was extremely disappointed in the whole nose of the car... how could GM do that to the Camaro. Yes, that was my initial reaction because I had some preconceived notion of what it should look like. But over the years I have come to understand that the car is not my vision but the vision of a very talented design team. I have come to appreciate the styling of the new car and excited to have a 5th Gen (come on GT 500 killer) parked next to my 69 RS.

AWESOME CAR
Exactly!!! Our Society and Federal Regs will not let us put a "1967 Camaro" on the market. It would never pass muster with the regulators or the buying public.

Expectations and requirements have changed!

Amen!
Old 08-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #311
motorhed

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM,2000 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28orSs View Post
everyone in you area must be rich or really stupid......
Wow, i agree. Check e-bay motors, i wasn't blowing smoke; i look at the site every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
More weight = slower car. Slower car = , slower to accelerate, slower to turn, slower stop, loses to Mustang and Challenger...

Slower doesn't win the race.

That's why we want it to be as light as possible.

WERD! This is one of the most important factor in performance these days as people start to be more concerned about engine displacement and fuel economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96CAMaro View Post
The SS Camaro is supposed to have both an oil and tranny cooler? All I need now is a power steering cooler even though I won't need it. I am still up in the air as to regarding whether or not I still want one of these bad boys. The things that have me sold are: oil cooler, tranny cooler, LS3, 6M, 422hp (hopefully way under rated), IRS, Halos, Brembos, and the hood which looks like there may be enough room to work on this engine - hopefully something along the lines of the older muscle cars and current Mustangs, "potential" HUD. Draw backs keeping me from actually getting one: Weight, weight, weight. Right now I sit at 60/40 in favor of getting one. Sorry if this is off topic.
I'm right there with you. Would love to have real sheetmetal over fiberglass, but we'll have to see the pricing and do the test drives first before decisions are made. ;-)

7/23/2010 - 1100
8/18/2010 - Born on Date 2G1FT1EW1B9120590
9/3/2010 - Pick Up
-----------------------------
| Photos |
motorhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:13 PM   #312
96CAMaro

Drives: '02 Impreza 2.5RS
Quote:
SOUNDS LIKE YOU SHOULD GET AN USED EVO...
I don't know, a 4 cylinder performance car? I realize they are fast, but I am a die hard GM fan through and through. That and my right foot will not be satisfied with anything less than a Chevy small blcok V8. Everything else just seems so, well..so wrong. For the same price a used Evo is going for, I would rather throw in an extra 4-5K and get a used Vette.
96CAMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:18 PM   #313
motorhed

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM,2000 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It looks slick, will handle great, and will punish the competition. How is that disappointing?

I was actually thinking Colby-Jack. Would you like some crackers with that?
I don't think anyones whining about anything. Last time i checked, this is a forum to discuss topics about the car right? Weight, performance, design, etc are all part of this. I think some of us were just surprised about some details on the spec production SS that we wanted to talk about them. Some people take ideas and opinions on forums to literally. I realize with autos, it's a big passion for most of us here and some comments may be offensive about the car and interpreted the same to the person who loves the car.

It's not picking at it's shortcomings, it's more or less discussing current concerns/uncertainties that may not even be relevant when we actually get to see, touch, smell, drive, experience the Camaro; but they are concerns none the less for now until we can. Scott keeps saying "drive it" which will probably change all opinions on the car but unfortunately, that is a long way off for a lot of us and some decisions on affordability and purchasing have to be made before that (pricing released before end of year and test drives). ;-)

I'm done with the rambling. I love the topics in this forum, they are very entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96CAMaro View Post
I don't know, a 4 cylinder performance car? I realize they are fast, but I am a die hard GM fan through and through. That and my right foot will not be satisfied with anything less than a Chevy small blcok V8. Everything else just seems so, well..so wrong. For the same price a used Evo is going for, I would rather throw in an extra 4-5K and get a used Vette.
I've had a small AWD turbo 4, there is nothing in the tank for HP or torque over 2nd gear. It's quick as snot off the line and handled pretty well, but beyond that there is nothing that would make me want it more than what GM has to offer for sporty vehicles. Nothing beats a V-8/V-10 in the fun to drive category if you ask me. BIG turbo's only make up a bit for the loss in displacement.

7/23/2010 - 1100
8/18/2010 - Born on Date 2G1FT1EW1B9120590
9/3/2010 - Pick Up
-----------------------------
| Photos |
motorhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:38 PM   #314
smokn'

Drives: Banana boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhed View Post
I've had a small AWD turbo 4, there is nothing in the tank for HP or torque over 2nd gear. It's quick as snot off the line and handled pretty well, but beyond that there is nothing that would make me want it more than what GM has to offer for sporty vehicles. Nothing beats a V-8/V-10 in the fun to drive category if you ask me. BIG turbo's only make up a bit for the loss in displacement.
need i even say it? ok, i can't resist, there's no replacement for displacement!
smokn' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #315
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

I'm the one who brought up the whining thing. If it isn't the bumpers on the SS, its the weight thing, or its about the Bowtie in the Grille versus an "SS" emblem. It is repetitive over and over in several locations on here.

So let's get real here:

1. The Bumper isn't going to change.
2. The weight thing has been discussed to death.
3. THe Bowtie in the middle of the Grille isn't going to change either.

Sorry, but the number of repetitive posts to me becomes whining about the same things over and over again. (Usually by the same people too.)

So if those are stumbling blocks to those who are so inclined, so be it. Enjoy your new Mustang or Challenger.

Last edited by greenrail; 08-29-2008 at 09:32 AM.
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:35 PM   #316
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
I'm the one who brought up the whining thing. If it isn't the bumpers on the SS, its the weight thing, or its about the Bowtie in he Grille versus an "SS" emblem. It is repetitive over and over in several locations on here.

So let's get real here:

1. The Bumper isn't going to change.
2. The weight thing has been discussed to death.
3. THe Bowtie in the middle of the Grille isn't going to change either.

Sorry, but the number of repetitive posts to me becomes whining about the same things over and over again. (Usually by the same people too.)

So if those are stumbling blocks to those who are so inclined, so be it. Enjoy your new Mustang or Challenger.
thank you, Mr. GreenRail!

Ladies and Gentlemen --

Please -- if you haven't already done so: Go read what the various magazines are saying about just the V6s that they've driven -- and know that we're NOT DONE YET!

Read what they say about the Mustang and the Challenger in the same articles!...........

I understand that Camaro means passion. Believe me -- I've met tens of thousands of you -- and we share that great passion.

I understand that there are a lot of unknowns until you get behind the wheel.

But let me tell you once again --this Camaro was designed and engineered and built by CAMARO/FIREBIRD/CORVETTE ENTHUSIASTS.

This was NOT a case of ".....let's take Herman over there and lil Susie over here and Billy Rae over yonder and Edna Lou atwixt the other two....and let's put 'em to work on a Camero!..."

The people working on this car have a life's passion for great cars -- and most of 'em are dyed in the wool Camaro/Firebird/Corvette "foamatthemouthenthusiasts'.........

Now -- I don't know how to better explain it than that.

Couple that with the fact that we brought in our Camaro Disciples - -and we brought in Mustang and Charger and 350Z and G35 owners and talked with them until their eyes glazed over.........................

Now -- I don't mean to be rude here -- but what makes you think that you know more than a couple of thousand people????????

No question that we (or any other manufacturer) will never be able to design a car or truck that keeps everyone 100% satisfied.

If the biggest complaints we get are the gold bowtie and silver emblems and "I don't like the backup lights" -- then I am happy beyond comprehension.

As to the weight thing.........it's painfully obvious to me that most do not understand automotive engineering as it relates to durability/reliability/safety/government mandates.............

I'm telling you that "Chef Scott" is going to be serving up some words to more than one or two people in the not-too-distant future........
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:28 PM   #317
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

Ladies and Gentlemen --

Please -- if you haven't already done so: Go read what the various magazines are saying about just the V6s that they've driven -- and know that we're NOT DONE YET!

Read what they say about the Mustang and the Challenger in the same articles!...........

I understand that Camaro means passion. Believe me -- I've met tens of thousands of you -- and we share that great passion.

But let me tell you once again --this Camaro was designed and engineered and built by CAMARO/FIREBIRD/CORVETTE ENTHUSIASTS.

This was NOT a case of ".....let's take Herman over there and lil Susie over here and Billy Rae over yonder and Edna Lou atwixt the other two....and let's put 'em to work on a Camero!..."

The people working on this car have a life's passion for great cars -- and most of 'em are dyed in the wool Camaro/Firebird/Corvette "foamatthemouthenthusiasts'.........

Couple that with the fact that we brought in our Camaro Disciples - -and we brought in Mustang and Charger and 350Z and G35 owners and talked with them until their eyes glazed over.........................

Now -- I don't mean to be rude here -- but what makes you think that you know more than a couple of thousand people????????

No question that we (or any other manufacturer) will never be able to design a car or truck that keeps everyone 100% satisfied.

If the biggest complaints we get are the gold bowtie and silver emblems and "I don't like the backup lights" -- then I am happy beyond comprehension.

As to the weight thing.........it's painfully obvious to me that most do not understand automotive engineering as it relates to durability/reliability/safety/government mandates.............

I'm telling you that "Chef Scott" is going to be serving up some words to more than one or two people in the not-too-distant future........
Not that you need validation from me, however:
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #318
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
WWJD

I thank God Almost everyday for the 2010 camaro
Z/28orSs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #319
Yardgnome
Do the truffle shuffle

Drives: its black and its a POS :)
Someone please induce me with a morphine coma and not wake me up until March 1st. So when I wake up I can head down to the dealership! The wait seems like forever and a day.....
Old 08-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #320
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Thanks Scott, once again you have provided me with part II of my sig.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:18 PM   #321
flaguy

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Spring Edition
Quote:
I thank God Almost everyday for the 2010 camaro
Cause god builds cars and all
flaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #322
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:

Ladies and Gentlemen --

The Father has spoken..

I am pumped and ready to get behind the wheel of the new Camaro. The magazines all are praising the V6 in comparison to its competitors which is a great sign. The look of the V6.RS is spot on and as close to the concept as it can be. You guys and girls have done a great job so far and I will be a proud owner as earliest as possible..
Old 08-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #323
fastball
White 'n Nerdy

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
"Chef Scott"

In the voice tone of the late, great Isaac Hayes:

"Well, hello der children!"
Old 08-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #324
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2013 Acadia Denali
dont piss him off or he'll just stop production and then where would we be? yeah, ...... thats right.

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #325
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
Thank you Fbodfather,

That just reassures me that I will be making a wise choice and purchasing this car!
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote