Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Exclamation * New February 2010 Incentives - inc lease pull ahead *

LEASE PULL AHEAD 2/2 - 3/1/2010: (Good with Credit union discount)

Up to three (3) contract payments not yet due will be waived or credited
if an eligible current Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, or GMC vehicle is
returned and an eligible new and unused GM vehicle is purchased or
leased during the program effective dates.

Up to four (4) contract payments not yet due will be waived or credited
if an eligible current HUMMER, Pontiac, Saab, or Saturn vehicle is
returned and an eligible new and unused GM vehicle is purchased or
leased during the program effective dates.

PONTIAC & SATURN OWNER PURCHASE / LEASE PROGRAM (Good with Credit union discount)

- ONLY CURRENT OWNERS/LESSEES OF PONTIAC OR SATURN PASSENGER CAR OR
LIGHT DUTY TRUCK MODELS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS INCENTIVE.

- CUSTOMER IS NOT REQUIRED TO TRADE IN THEIR QUALIFYING VEHICLE.

- THIS OFFER CAN BE TRANSFERRED TO INDIVIDUALS RESIDING IN THE
SAME HOUSEHOLD. THE TRANSFEREES RESIDENCY MUST BE VERIFIED WITH
CURRENT DRIVER'S LICENSE OR STATE IDENTIFICATION.

- ONLY ONE SET OF QUALIFYING DOCUMENTS MAY BE USED FOR REDEMPTION
PER PURCHASE PER ELIGIBLE CONSUMER.

- CUSTOMER MUST HAVE OWNED OR LEASED THEIR QUALIFYING PONTIAC
PASSENGER CAR OR LIGHT DUTY TRUCK MODEL FOR A MINIMUM OF SIX MONTHS.

$1000 for a purchase - ONLY CURRENT OWNERS/LESSEES OF PONTIAC OR SATURN PASSENGER CAR OR LIGHT DUTY TRUCK MODELS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS INCENTIVE. ONLY CURRENT OWNERS/LESSEES OF PONTIAC OR SATURN PASSENGER CAR OR LIGHT DUTY TRUCK MODELS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS INCENTIVE. CAMARO QUALIFIES.

$500 for a lease. CAMARO QUALIFIES.

Again, these are the incentives added TODAY 2/2/2010

NOTE: INCENTIVES MAY VARY BY ZONE / REGION

Last edited by CamaroScotty; 02-02-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
IConnection

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
So I get the $1,000 off the Camaro since I own a GTO?
Isnt there another $500 dealers were giving?
Old 02-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #3
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

They had a $500 incentive if you waived the 60 day guarantee - that expired 1/4/2010
Old 02-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
Blade

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS SIM RS
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Wish I owned a frikkin Pontiac right now.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
not a bad plan...quicker the Pontiac's and Saturn's are off the road, the quicker GM can phase out replacement and maintenance parts - esp. sheet metal and model specific stuff.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #6
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Wish I owned a frikkin Pontiac right now.
wanna buy an 06' G6 gtp?

Pittsburgh Automotive Photography
Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
Old 02-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #7
mulehead7
stubborn as a ...

Drives: '94 TA, 2010 1LT/RS
What years are qualifying Pontiacs? It says they do not have to be returned on the purchase plan. Just wondering. My car won't be in until the end of March or in April so I will just be waiting for those incentives (if any). Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Scotty.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #8
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapppy666 View Post
wanna buy an 06' G6 gtp?
LOL..........I am trying to get my buddy to get rid of his g6 so he can buy one of these beasts!!
Old 02-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #9
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWHCPA View Post
not a bad plan...quicker the Pontiac's and Saturn's are off the road, the quicker GM can phase out replacement and maintenance parts - esp. sheet metal and model specific stuff.
Not really taking them off the road, people that lease are likely to lease (or buy) the same brand when the lease is over though. Beyond the sales today this is a long term play, working to get buyers to transfer their brand loyalty from a dead brand to an active one.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:15 PM   #10
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Thanks for posting this Scotty, If I buy a car this month I will definitely take advantage of this.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #11
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Thanks for posting this Scotty, If I buy a car this month I will definitely take advantage of this.

Glad I have LOTS of in stock units, and 200 others close by!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #12
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Scotty, that Pontiac/Saturn Purchase Program is BIG NEWS!!! I think you should edit your post...make that part RED or something so it will stand out more. This is transferable within household, so if someone in your household owns/leases one, you can get the thousand bucks, even if you don't own it!

ONE THOUSAND DOLLLARS OFF A CAMARO JUST FOR OWNING A PONTIAC OR SATURN!!

(It should be noted that this cannot be combined with the USAA discount)
Old 02-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #13
Madcat0911

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_bank_robber View Post
Scotty, that Pontiac/Saturn Purchase Program is BIG NEWS!!! I think you should edit your post...make that part RED or something so it will stand out more. This is transferable within household, so if someone in your household owns/leases one, you can get the thousand bucks, even if you don't own it!

ONE THOUSAND DOLLLARS OFF A CAMARO JUST FOR OWNING A PONTIAC OR SATURN!!

(It should be noted that this cannot be combined with the USAA discount)
Oh, well, 1k is better than 750 at least. It'll make that little saturn of mine pay for the tire it decided to have blow out on me last month.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #14
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
So...are you saying that you can combine the credit union 'preferred pricing' with the
Pontiac/Saturn incentive? Add top it off with the USAA discount?

Is the Pontiac/Saturn owners incentive subtracted before or after sales tax?

Old 02-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #15
chvyman

Drives: 2SS 45TH,gfx,blade spoiler,h grille
feb. incentives

I have an '09 1500 silverado, is this a qualified light truck?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #16
terndude

Drives: '88FieroGT'04ColoradoZ71'10CamaroLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chvyman View Post
I have an '09 1500 silverado, is this a qualified light truck?
Slap a red arrowhead logo on the front and you're golden!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #17
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg_98ta View Post
So...are you saying that you can combine the credit union 'preferred pricing' with the
Pontiac/Saturn incentive? Add top it off with the USAA discount?

Is the Pontiac/Saturn owners incentive subtracted before or after sales tax?
Not with the USAA, as Anna mentions above.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #18
Bowtie Junkman

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Scotty and/or Anna ... thanks for all the updated info ... one question regarding the "Credit Union Member Discount" ...

I registered on the GM site and got my "Authorization Number" this morning (my car is due to land here in So Cal this Monday, so I should get delivery by the end of next week) ... I've read thru all the info and even the FAQ, but my question still remains unanswered ... what is the discount?

PS ... My car is a 1SS with only one option (auto trans) and a MSRP of $32,790. My dealer is a buddy of mine, and we have already established this is what I'm paying (meaning no mark-ups ... just tax and license fees being extra) ...

I do not seem to qualify for any other offers ... I traded in a '08 Trailblazer SS on a '09 Denali just before Thanksgiving, but I assume from Scotty's post earlier in this thread, that the wording "Pontiac or Saturn passenger cars or light-duty truck models" does not refer to Chevrolet or GMC models ... I would believe this to be a reference to a Vue or Torrent (although we normally don't recognize Pontiac or Saturn as making "trucks") ... am I correct in my assumptions?

Thanks in advance for the info ...
Old 02-03-2010, 02:35 PM   #19
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie Junkman View Post
Scotty and/or Anna ... thanks for all the updated info ... one question regarding the "Credit Union Member Discount" ...

I registered on the GM site and got my "Authorization Number" this morning (my car is due to land here in So Cal this Monday, so I should get delivery by the end of next week) ... I've read thru all the info and even the FAQ, but my question still remains unanswered ... what is the discount?

PS ... My car is a 1SS with only one option (auto trans) and a MSRP of $32,790. My dealer is a buddy of mine, and we have already established this is what I'm paying (meaning no mark-ups ... just tax and license fees being extra) ...

I do not seem to qualify for any other offers ... I traded in a '08 Trailblazer SS on a '09 Denali just before Thanksgiving, but I assume from Scotty's post earlier in this thread, that the wording "Pontiac or Saturn passenger cars or light-duty truck models" does not refer to Chevrolet or GMC models ... I would believe this to be a reference to a Vue or Torrent (although we normally don't recognize Pontiac or Saturn as making "trucks") ... am I correct in my assumptions?

Thanks in advance for the info ...

Your 'Credit Union Authorization' allows you to purchase the car at 'PREFER'ed pricing. This is written right on the invoice, your buddy will show that actual invoice to you before you sign the GM Vehicle Purchase Proram paperwork he gets when he submits your authorization number. You WILL NOT be paying sticker price for the car. You get the GM discounted price.

Not all dealers honor this pricing structure. Hopefully your buddy's dealership does. You can also become a member of USAA and take another $750.00 off the price of the car. Hopefully your buddy allows that too! This will save you a bunch of money!!

Hope this helps.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #20
Blade

I think I am about to lose my USAA discount. I don't have insurance or a loan through USAA and I am not eligible for it either. Members who have these products also get a Member ID card. GM requires its dealers to have proof of these 2 situations and/or the card, before applying the USAA discount. Since I don't have those 2 products, I don't have the ID card and so my dealer is wondering if he can apply that discount with just my profile page.

I don't fault him though, the fine print specifically asks for those things, so its not like he's putting one over me. Ever document I find from GM online or anywhere else referring to that discount explains the same thing.

But atleast I am getting the supplier discount still
Old 02-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #21
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I think I am about to lose my USAA discount. I don't have insurance or a loan through USAA and I am not eligible for it either. Members who have these products also get a Member ID card. GM requires its dealers to have proof of these 2 situations and/or the card, before applying the USAA discount. Since I don't have those 2 products, I don't have the ID card and so my dealer is wondering if he can apply that discount with just my profile page.

I don't fault him though, the fine print specifically asks for those things, so its not like he's putting one over me. Ever document I find from GM online or anywhere else referring to that discount explains the same thing.

But atleast I am getting the supplier discount still

Well, well, well...I did some checking and you are correct!! Looks like USAA has changed their program effective 1-15-2010. I did not know that.

The new qualification verbage reads: COPY OF PROOF OF USAA MEMBERSHIP (USAA MEMBERSHIP CARD, USAA LOAN DOCUMENT OR USAA AUTO INSURANCE CARD) MUST BE RETAINED IN THE DEAL JACKET FOR AUDIT PURPOSES.

This is a change from the previous program. You only needed the printout from when you signed up in the past.

I really respect and appreciate your statement "But atleast I am getting the supplier discount still". So many people think the dealer is just out to screw them over. It is COOL AS HECK that you appreciate the discount you are getting. So many people nowadays just think it's all about price! Lower and lower and lower...it's just never enough!

Enjoy your new car!
Old 02-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #22
Blade

Quote:
Well, well, well...I did some checking and you are correct!! Looks like USAA has changed their program effective 1-15-2010. I did not know that.

The new qualification verbage reads: COPY OF PROOF OF USAA MEMBERSHIP (USAA MEMBERSHIP CARD, USAA LOAN DOCUMENT OR USAA AUTO INSURANCE CARD) MUST BE RETAINED IN THE DEAL JACKET FOR AUDIT PURPOSES.

This is a change from the previous program. You only needed the printout from when you signed up in the past.

I really respect and appreciate your statement "But atleast I am getting the supplier discount still". So many people think the dealer is just out to screw them over. It is COOL AS HECK that you appreciate the discount you are getting. So many people nowadays just think it's all about price! Lower and lower and lower...it's just never enough!

Enjoy your new car!
Thanks Anna. I used to be in customer service and sales and I know how it rolls. As long as the rep is dealing fair and square with me and I find the same information, then I never fault the rep I am working with, they don't have a choice.

I understand there are audits done, and I have been there where we have offered a discount or special service under the table and once the audit is done, we had to pay out of our own pocket to reimburse the parent company.

That would be the same situation you, scotty, becky or any dealer would face when GM knocks on the door later in the year and you guys don't have proper docs. So no biggie for me.

My dealer is following up with GM's customer service and see if he can still hook me up though.

But between losing out the 60 day cash back and this, I am losing $1250. Kinda wish I woulda just bought of the lot and my current lease had ended in December
Old 02-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #23
kardut

Drives: 2SS/RS RY
Quote:
Would a USAA credit card or account statement count as proof of membership?
Old 02-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #24
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardut View Post
Would a USAA credit card or account statement count as proof of membership?
I don't think so man. GM is being pretty strict about this. They are askin dealers to stick to the requirement.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #25
IConnection

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
What a minute,so I can get credit union discount which is perferred pricing and the 1,000 for owning a GTO?

Closed Thread