Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

USA - Southcentral AR, LA, MS, OK

Old 02-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
mamaro

Drives: '10 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Anyone here from Lawton Oklahoma

that might have honked at me last night? I was heading east on Cache Road at Ft. Sill Blvd. I didn't see the Camaro to my right until after he had turned right, then I saw the taillights, and honked back. I like to acknowledge other Camaros, but very few of them acknowledge me back.

My poor baby was really dirty. It's been a rough week living in motel rooms, not knowing when we could go home, not knowing if we would have a motel room the next night. No shelter for the Camaro, having to dodge fallen limbs and branches and falling ice all over the place. Finally last night we got the word that the power was back on in Cache. I had actually just been home to check on the house and the cat, and it was still dark. About 30 minutes after I left, I got an automated message from PSO, then my daughter called and said the lights were on. 5+ days. And now we're home.

A big shout out and to our new heroes, the linemen who have worked 16-20 hours every day to replace hundreds if not thousands of poles, transformers, lines, etc. in unfavorable weather conditions, to get us back to a normal life with POWER. I saw AEP trucks from as far away as Laredo, Texas, 600+ miles away, yesterday in Lawton and Cache. Not only did they get us back up, but one crew actually thwarted a burglary while they were up on the poles, spotting suspicious activity and calling the police. We don't appreciate the people who work every day, normally in the background, to allow us to have the "necessities" of life that we take for granted.
mamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #2
tbarber87

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS CGM Rally Stripes
Welll it obviously wasn't me that honked but I just wanted to say
tbarber87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #3
Foster26

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM 6SP CGRS #9761
I'm from Lawton but live in Tuttle. I do spend a lot of time there though. It wasn't me. I like to acknowledge other Camaros when I see them too so I will always wave, flash lights, or do something. You drive on Rogers Lane? Man I love that road in the Camaro, especially the on-ramps! surprised I haven't gotten a ticket yet... knock on wood.
Foster26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #4
mamaro

Yeah I drive Roger's Lane all the way between the on ramp from Cache Road west of 82nd to I44 everyday to and from work. (I live in Cache, and I work for the City of Lawton). It is fun. I especially enjoy the on ramp there from Cache Rd. The car really holds the road on those curves!
Old 02-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
pocolocojake

Drives: 2SS/RS BUMBLE BEE
hello all
from lawton here. was not me, but look out for the 2010 2SS/RS Bumble Bee... might be me.
jake
pocolocojake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:15 PM   #6
mamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocolocojake View Post
hello all
from lawton here. was not me, but look out for the 2010 2SS/RS Bumble Bee... might be me.
jake
I'll sure watch for you!!